NameSilo

Are Afternic domains checked?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Tytus

Established Member
Impact
122
Just wondering if domains that are listed on afternic are checked if it's actually the owner. I just found an amazing domain for a decent price, but when I check the link there is a legit working site on it with good traffic
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I believe just like with Sedo.com you have to prove you are the owner of the domain. Being that it is a working site just means the domain owner wants to sell it as is. Actually check the Whois to be sure.

- Will
 
0
•••
As Willox said you can check the whois and confirm, but Afternic do require domain name owner verficiation when adding new domains to be listed in your afternic pf.
 
0
•••
Yeah I got lucky, afternic instantly caught the guy was a scammer. I thought the price was too good to be true but jump on it in case. Was kinda disappointed it ended up being a scam because it would have been a nice steal.
 
0
•••
Another problem with Afternic is when the old owners don't remove the domain from their sell list. I have found this extremely irritating. You have to contact Afternic to fix this. It happens all to frequently.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back