Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Arbitrage is over, what is next?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Got mails from Parked this morning to inform that Arbitrage is not acceptable any more from 15th this month, and I think this is for all YPN Feeded parking providers.

What can we do next for Parking? :(
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
If you were good at arbitrage, meaning you were good at buying low-cost, but quality traffic that converted well, I'd recommend trying your same campaigns with various affiliate programs. This is how we did it "in the old days" and it can still work.

RJ
 
0
•••
Arb is not over... I think we can still do at NameMedia(AA/SN or GK)
 
0
•••
vbigdeli said:
Arb is not over... I think we can still do at NameMedia(AA/SN or GK)


why would they be diffrent? lol
 
0
•••
Developing is a novel idea ;)
 
0
•••
Thanks -RJ-, I may will try some affiliate programs. But the fact is that I am not good at arbitrage at all. I just started this for month and got a few bucks, then noticed can not play this in future :(

And I don't think NameMedia(AA/SN or GK) can be exception player. They will stop this soon if YPN doesn't allow it
 
0
•••
I received one of these emails as well, and didn't
understand it. What is arbitrage? (stop laughing) :yell:
 
0
•••
Arbitage is paying less for clicks than you (hope to) make per click on your parked page.

So basically you cannot buy traffic for your parked pages anymore.
 
0
•••
Quoted from mondays article '


Do you think what’s in the best interest of domainers is in the best interest of Yahoo and Google? These two companies don’t necessarily think so. They care about long term profits and “user experience”. These companies can whether a short term storm. What would you do if your parking revenue took a major hit for two years? It would likely wipe you out. But it wouldn’t wipe these companies out.

Already we’ve seen one shoe drop. Domain Name Wire has learned through multiple sources that Ask.com’s Google feed will no longer be syndicated to parking companies as of March 1. A number of parking companies use this feed to augment other search results. I know that Parked.com uses it for traffic to some foreign companies, and apparently HitFarm and Skenzo use this feed as well. There are likely others. (Ask has not returned my calls for comment.)

Are other changes on the horizon? You bet. Buckle up.


Original Article from yesterday

http://domainnamewire.com/2008/02/11/threats-to-the-domain-name-industry/
 
0
•••
NameLinker said:
Got mails from Parked this morning to inform that Arbitrage is not acceptable any more from 15th this month, and I think this is for all YPN Feeded parking providers.

What can we do next for Parking? :(
if a few of you arbers will reveal your average cost per clcik to buy traffic, i might have a ready made solution - depends on your cost :)
 
0
•••
yes said:
if a few of you arbers will reveal your average cost per clcik to buy traffic, i might have a ready made solution - depends on your cost :)

Ok

Spark of interest.

Most arbitrage that I know of and aware of cost factor normally 5c to 75c a click.

Thing is its not just arbitrage its any PURCHASED traffic is not allowed by the parking co's.

I am interested anyways to see what other style that potentailly parking co's may allow.

If anything PM me the info
 
0
•••
yes said:
if a few of you arbers will reveal your average cost per clcik to buy traffic, i might have a ready made solution - depends on your cost :)

PM sent...:)
 
0
•••
0
•••
arbitrage isn't over

it just death at domain parking program
 
0
•••
dherwan said:
arbitrage isn't over

it just death at domain parking program

Yes...low RPC and Google/Ask remours..
 
0
•••
Is there another domain parking which allow to buy traffic through PPC?
 
0
•••
Surely parking cos. are going to have to start providing better templates that look more like a website, with the possibility of adding unique content, but without the hassle of having to develop your own site - for people like myself who know nothing about development and don't realy have the time to learn this would be the ideal solution. I know there are one or two about that do this but from what I've read they are not ideal at the moment.
 
0
•••
Arbitrage is over ONLY at Parked. Other industry/brand still allow it on case by case basis.

I am doing arbitrage everyday. I have to admit that previously Parked.Com gave me the best result compare to CJ/Adsense Arb, but then there's always an end for everything...

So, back to CJ/minisite arbs :D
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back