Status
Not open for further replies.

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
Any thoughts on this one?
1stimehomebuyers.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you are starting to get hotter. It is kinda long but also why would somebody develop a site for "First time home buyers?"

•••
When I google first time home buyers a whole lot comes up.

I think some of the reasons why . . . education, various programs/opportunities, financing plans, possibly to attract first time home buyers as a real estate agent . . .

•••
possibly to attract first time home buyers as a real estate agent . . .

As a real estate agent you don't want people using you for only their "first home buys", just saying IMO

Exactly why I find it hard to make value from such domain

Good luck though!

•••
As a real estate agent you don't want people using you for only their "first home buys", just saying IMO

Exactly why I find it hard to make value from such domain

Good luck though!

I agree with your specific point, no real estate agents are going to want one website that says i only want first time home buyers. But, and this is a big but! If you buy a home and sell a home and then wait 3 years till you purchase again, you are considered a first time home buyer!

Anyways if the key phrase first time home buyers attracts first time home buyers, and as an agent it is one stream of potential buyers, then it is gravy!

I don't see a downside here.

•••
I'd prefer "FirstTimeHomeBuyers", but I think it can still do well if you develop it into an informational site with affiliate links + AdSense.

•••
Btw...

It's "1stTimeHomeBuyers.com" not "1stImeHomeBuyers.com", right?

If you're missing the "T", it's worthless...

•••
Btw...

Agreed. I did not pay attention to that!
The correct spelling was registered back in 2002

Last edited:
•••
Btw...

It is missing the T

•••
FirstTimeHomeBuyers .. is restricted, only for FirstTimeHomeBuyers.. so not good business

•••
Buy 4 letter dot com and try to sell it, till then learn.

•••
REALTORS® reported that first-time homebuyers accounted for 32 percent of residential sales in 2016 (30 percent in 2015), according to the December 2016 REALTORS®Confidence Index Survey Report, a monthly survey of REALTORS® about their sales activity and local market conditions.[1] Sustained job growth and improving incomes along with the aging of the Millennial generation are likely underpinning the continued, albeit modest, increase in homebuying by first-time buyers. [2],[3]

Low mortgage rates have also bolstered homebuying, although the increase in interest rates since November appears to have affected demand in some areas, according to survey respondents.[4] Mortgage rates are likely to continue to rise modestly in 2017.

US New Home Sales At 7-Month High

Sales of new single-family houses in the United States jumped 6.1 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 592,000 in February of 2017. It follows an upwardly revised 558,000 in the previous month, and well above market expectations of 565,000 as unusual warm weather boosted sales in the Midwest, West and the South. Meanwhile, sales of previously owned houses dropped 3.7 percent to 5480 thousand, down from a ten-year high of 5690 thousand in January.

Sales rose in the Midwest (30.9 percent to 89 thousand), the West (7.5 percent to 157 thousand) and the South (3.6 percent to 313 thousand) but slumped 21.4 percent to 33 thousand in the Northeast.

The median sales price of new houses sold was $296,200, lower than $308,200 in the previous month. The average sales price was $390,400, above $355,300 in January.

The stock of new houses for sale went up to 261 thousand from 260 thousand in January. This represents a supply of 5.4 months at the current sales rate.

Year-on-year, new home sales rose 12.8 percent.

So I can appreciate people not liking 1stimehomebuyers.com bc it is missing a T. I can appreciate the concern of too narrow a business focus/model. What I think is missed here is that 30% of (I saw one figure say 27 trillion) of the housing industry is a heck of a lot of money. While it may be restrictive, narrow, unrealistic in sustaining most agents/agencies, it is still a huge piece of pie. Furthermore, first time home buyers for great agents/agencies have repeat buyers.

I guess we will see within the next 24 months if I was too optimistic with this one!

•••
Buy 4 letter dot com and try to sell it, till then learn.

You have said this a few times! Maybe after a few sales I will be able to. Believe me, I want to!

•••
domaining doesn't work like this. If you will search in google " second time home buyers " . you will get some news and report.

•••
You have said this a few times! Maybe after a few sales I will be able to. Believe me, I want to!
You have to be disciplined. Your portfolio is big enough that if you paid just $1 for all the names you have, you could have bought a decent liquid domain. Be happy every time you look at a name and say "nah, it's not worth it"...and forget about it.

I can see your impulse buying. It's your money and all, but you obviously are building a portfolio. No one wants to waste money.

It's much easier to spend more on a good domain and make more when you sell it. Good domains sell. Bad ones drop and only you lose the money.

•••
You have to be disciplined. Your portfolio is big enough that if you paid just $1 for all the names you have, you could have bought a decent liquid domain. Be happy every time you look at a name and say "nah, it's not worth it"...and forget about it.

I can see your impulse buying. It's your money and all, but you obviously are building a portfolio. No one wants to waste money.

It's much easier to spend more on a good domain and make more when you sell it. Good domains sell. Bad ones drop and only you lose the money.

Good point. I have a few coins invested in domains. It will be nice to make some money and get out of the red!

•••
Well domaining is highly addictive! I just took another hit. See you in hand reg . . .

•••
@Isac @Silentptnr

I may be making a mistake saying this, but . . .

I had namebios up, and was looking at funk. I saw funkturm.com went for some coins and i thought let me check funkterm.com. Much to my surprise, it was available. I immediately googled funkturm and saw it was a landmark in Berlin. Drum roll, so I didn't not reg it. Feels like I should have. So I am not having that moment . . . feels good not to have regged! :(

•••
It's great to see your motivation. But we all want to help each other and i noticed that you everytime just go kind of the wrong way. All the hypens and now the typo. Stop doing that you waste money. I am a real estate broker on the side and the name limits the business. I also would like to attract 100rdtimehomebuyers. Try to watch more the appraisel and marketpage inc the general trends etc. Shame to see your money burn after your motivation. Don't buy too quick but think first 3 times about what, why and more important who? In terms of flipping. Goodluck Bud!

Last edited:
•••
It's great to see your motivation. But we all want to help each other and i noticed that you everytime just go kind of the wrong way. All the hypens and now the typo. Stop doing that you waste money. I am a real estate broker on the side and the name limits the business. I also would like to attract 100rdtimehomebuyers. Try to watch more the appraisel and marketpage inc the general trends etc. Shame to see your money burn after your motivation. Don't buy too quick but think first 3 times about what, why and more important who? In terms of flipping. Goodluck Bud!

Thank you for the feedback. I understand you want to attract any and all home buyers. First time home buyers are in a nice class of their own. I am having a hard d time understanding why every agent or agency or broker or mortgage company would not want to have something pertaining to first time home buyers? If I were an agent with Prudential (don't know specifics with whether their agents can only use Pridential sites) but if I were said agent, what is the harm in having a site that has information about first time home buying? What is the harm in having a first time home buyer page redirecting to your page? What is the harm in Antigo Community Bank having a page about first time home buying and its nuances, with links to their banks?

Otherwise I get what you are saying. I mean I get you don't only want first time home buyers. I just know that I went to various first time home buyer sites before I ever saw a mortgage broker, banker, or real estate agent when I went to purchase my first and second home. Second home was purchased/sold about 5-6 years before second home so I was first time home buyer again.

I didn't look at fthb sites for my third home!!

•••
@Want2learn

Honestly even if there is a niche market for real estate brokers looking into First Time Home Buyers, problem if you misspelled it. It kinda ruins the domain. I see the proper spelling as well as "First" instead of "1st" is also already taken.

To be honest you will probably have to drop this domain

•••
Well domaining is highly addictive! I just took another hit. See you in hand reg . . .
I Dont know if anyone else has said this but personally I find the best way to approach domain registering/buying is to ask yourself why you shouldnt register/buy a domain rather than why you should. Dont ask what makes a name good, ask what makes it bad instead.

•••
First time home buyers, is a great name, 1st time home buyers, weaker but still a good name, for realestate business Like poster said there are many financing avenues,some state level, like sonymae, state of ny mortgage where interest rates are lower for first time home buyers

If it is a typo its worthless
Joe T

•••
My 2 cents :cigar:
There is a realtor in Penticton and he owns more names than some of us. No matter what you search in home sales, buying, rental, mortgage, strata, financing everything.
This name is perfect for someone like that who wants to cover all the angles. Has great potential but dont quit your day job just yet :xf.wink:

•••
This name is perfect for someone like that who wants to cover all the angles. Has great potential but dont quit your day job just yet :xf.wink:

It seems like there is a market for it, but the problem here is it is misspelled.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back