NameSilo

.APP future

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lawismything

Established Member
Impact
Wih the way things are looking in terms of registerations, sales,indexed sites and big use-cases, can someone who has been around for a while compare this to other .gtld with stats and their prediction of how .app will preform within the next year/two with the data so far

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see lots of .ca sales, do you make sales with these often? Wondering if they are worth the investment
This is the .app Future thread :-D.

But the renewal fee seems to be around 1K. Hope the buyer did their homework.
I'm surprised that they don't disclose the renewal cost. I suppose it's not good business to do it. It's at this point that regulation is required to prevent people from getting stung financially.

•••
This is the .app Future thread :-D.

I'm surprised that they don't disclose the renewal cost. I suppose it's not good business to do it. It's at this point that regulation is required to prevent people from getting stung financially.

There's still some epic .app domains for standard reg fee's though. I honestly think the right "standard regs" might actually have more value moving forward than most "Premium" labeled .app domains simply because maintenance cost.

•••
There's still some epic .app domains for standard reg fee's though. I honestly think the right "standard regs" might actually have more value moving forward than most "Premium" labeled .app domains simply because maintenance cost.
Yup, I believe I got one of them for non-premium renewal fee. For .APP domains that cost $1k renewal, you have to be making over $1k a year out of them to guarantee that they are worth something, so you may well be right, otherwise you're down from the moment you buy it.

•••
Cash.app at #2, that is pretty remarkable.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
It's #1 in Google for me. That is interesting.

•••
•••
•••
Wait guys, there is a reason that cash.app rank first.
Not for domain name, nor for extansion.
I've no time to study the case now, but 99% is an old site that have switched to cash.app, and 301 redirect all traffic ( -> old backlinks) to new domain.
It is impossible for a new domain rank in that position (for that keyword) in few days. It was an old domain now redirect to new (and it pass all link juice).

Last edited:
•••
Ok guys as I thought it is a redirect.
From old site cash.me to new site cash.app (check this: https://httpstatus.io/)
Here is explained why it rank 1st.
I hope no one thought, in 2018, that it was due to the fact that it was a domain cash.* or .app extension (preferred to any other extension as owned by google).

Last edited:
•••
I thought that was pretty common knowledge. It's an app owned by square. They didnt create the app just for the .app extension you know...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back