Dynadot

.APP future

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lawismything

Established Member
Impact
Wih the way things are looking in terms of registerations, sales,indexed sites and big use-cases, can someone who has been around for a while compare this to other .gtld with stats and their prediction of how .app will preform within the next year/two with the data so far

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nothing in stone yet, don't think one reported sale yet, but it's new....give it time. Really good one words and short two words will sell. SSL needs ironed out but alot of places like Godaddy offer this now. Some others can chime in.

Last edited:
•••
Nothing in stone yet, don't think one reported sale yet, but it's new....give it time. Really good one words and short two words will sell. SSL needs ironed out but alot of places like Godaddy offer this now. Some others can chime in.

Nice insight, amazing how gay.app sold to blued for a million.

•••
Forgot about that one, so one major sale reported so far if true but not sure if it was verified yet?

•••
Just another useless extension IMO. Wake me up when there's a legit $ale..

•••
^ He posted one. But I disagree I don't think it's useless...when you factor in all the others that've sold.

•••
^ He posted one. But I disagree I don't think it's useless...when you factor in all the others that've sold.

You've disturbed my sleep, was there a sale that we are unaware of?

BS WALKS.jpg

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Its amazing. Pay x.xxx,xxx for a forwarder.
I compare it to .blog Everyone needs one or .lgbt why did the big boys not brand around that ext?
Waste of time imo. Sure will be a few winners, like google and godaddy
The one word .app I was looking at is still not booked
(2) twoWord.ca's better investment

Yes gay.app sold for a million and is now a forwarder to a gay site that ranks lower in serp
than grindr,com for gay app
I googled "gay.app" there's grindr again:xf.eek:

•••
The heading says
"The sale might be legit"

And there is a disclaimer on the article :woot:

The sale is legit. Gay.app forwards to blued.com and blued.com themselves have also confirmed the purchase.

•••
Its amazing. Pay x.xxx,xxx for a forwarder.
I compare it to .blog Everyone needs one or .lgbt why did the big boys not brand around that ext?
Waste of time imo. Sure will be a few winners, like google and godaddy
The one word .app I was looking at is still not booked

Yes gay.app sold for a million and is now a forwarder to a gay site that ranks lower in serp
than grindr,com for gay app
I googled "gay.app" there's grindr again:xf.eek:
It's probably a one word .app domain that's not worth having then...

•••
Thanks for the positive and relevant quote/post.
It's probably a one word .app domain that's not worth having then...
I offered my opinion on this loser ext, you offer well thought out criticism. Remember the Pros Code :xf.rolleyes:
Yea, my one word is a city of 60k, a positive word that would describe an app's feature.
Also google "THEword.com" mega hits. There is no future in .app though

The sale is legit. Gay.app forwards to blued.com and blued.com themselves have also confirmed the purchase.
Better let Michael at namebio know, I am sure he is chomping at the.bit to list .app on his site.
I keep checking the drop down menu, but nothing :xf.frown:
Maybe I should hold my breathe and wait for the sales to start f1ltering in

•••
•••
The pro talk about acting professional at namePROS

You have never received that warning?
We have to be professionals here, were business people working together, like a community
I hope .app is truly succesful and people retire from their profits

•••
The pro talk about acting professional at namePROS

You have never received that warning?
We have to be professionals here, were business people working together, like a community
I hope .app is truly succesful and people retire from their profits
Let's get back to the topic shall we? You're the one being belligerent not me...

It's probably a little early to say anything much about the gay.app sale. They might use it in an ad campaign, for short links... anything really. They might have other plans for it that don't circle around SEO specifically or even their existing product(s).

As for .app being a 'loser ext', only time will tell. There's not much that you could say to me at this point that would persuade me that it is or isn't a 'loser' at this stage.

Last edited:
•••
It is too early to say because the gTLD is still in its Land Rush phase. This typically lasts about six months for normal TLD launches. Usage and development is low at the moment. The HTTPS/Secure by default is wishful thinking by Google and has not worked out in reality. The HTTPS angle has caused problems with sites not having certs or being HTTPS enabled. It needs time to develop and solve some of the problems. However, most of the .APP domain names, much like other TLDs, will remain unused in the first year at least.

Regards...jmcc

•••
I posted this in the app thread, but then saw this one, and just wanted to point out that DNPric.es are showing 10 sales now, all on GoDaddy Auction, with an average price of $210. All but one are 3 letter.

http://dnpric.es/?q=.app

I think we will continue to see growth and new registrations, but from now on most of them will be by end users of newly released or about to be released apps.

In terms of predictions, I think that after a year a lot of the speculative domain investing will drop out and the total registrations will go down a bit then, but not by much.

I think we will see aftermarket sales, but mainly of low to high $$$ variety. I think ultimately it will be one of the better of the ngTLDs. I hope someone will do a statistical comparison with say early days of .club, but I have not the time right now.

•••
I stumbled upon (on Twitter) a really nice little tool to see what is already registered in .app, which is helpful in seeing how over speculated the extension is. It is at:

https://domainsurfer.app/

You simply start typing in anything, and it shows that .app have been registered with that as part of it. Or you can set start with or end with if preferred. For example, I entered blockchain, and found that already there are 472 domain registrations with that word in .app!

I don't know the person who created it, but it is a nice tool when seeing what is already gone!

•••
Greenest/app is not booked sweetest, prettiest
Great tool @MetBob , save me some time

•••
I stumbled upon (on Twitter) a really nice little tool to see what is already registered in .app, which is helpful in seeing how over speculated the extension is. It is at:

You simply start typing in anything, and it shows that .app have been registered with that as part of it. Or you can set start with or end with if preferred. For example, I entered blockchain, and found that already there are 472 domain registrations with that word in .app!

I don't know the person who created it, but it is a nice tool when seeing what is already gone!

That's a sweet little tool! Thanks for sharing Boss!

•••
rn .app currently with $15,000 bid on Sedo.

•••
But the renewal fee seems to be around 1K. Hope the buyer did their homework.

•••

Interesting, I regged domainers and domaineer(s) dot app

•••
one word .app I was looking at is still not booked

I see lots of .ca sales, do you make sales with these often? Wondering if they are worth the investment

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back