IT.COM

Anyone use ZoneServ.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was reading through hosting offers etc and saw a thread on these, someone was asking if anyone is currently osting with then for a month or two and if so how is it all going, zone told him to open anew thread as that one was from last year, i'm starting a new venture soon so anyone with these guys, how is it, any probs etc.

Regards

John

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was with them but decided to look else where, only accepts paypal, can only pay monthly, had a lot of downtime and problems.

•••
cheers laim, can you pm me where you went to pls..

Anyone else?

•••
Yeah i havent heard the best of things about them, are you going to be getting dedicated reaper?

•••
if I can find one with my budget,pref managed I did have one but they kept pestering for extra security, when i said no things when hugely wrong..so i cancelled....

•••
I used to use them before I got my own dedicated server. The whole company is runned by one person, and at the moment , last i heard was all mysql databases were dropped due to a hacking attempt by another host. I have a free hosting on there. I dont like it that much. You pay what you get for.

•••
ReaperUK said:
if I can find one with my budget,pref managed I did have one but they kept pestering for extra security, when i said no things when hugely wrong..so i cancelled....

What is your budget and what features you are looking at.

I must say zoneserv is a big no no, I have read a lot of horror stories about them.

•••
:td:

Their cPanel has been expired for at least a month now, and with no shell access, you're alone in the dark.

-Steve

•••
i guess i'll pass then..lol as for budget $30 - $40 a month

•••
You can try sonataweb.net I have my hosting with them for about 14 months. Overall its a good experiene that I have from them.

You can also check following:

asmallorange.com
kualo.net
clook.net
site5.com

•••
haha looks like i was right, after this thread they should just shut down the site.

•••
Still up for me actually.

•••
yeah it is, but i was saying they have a bad name they should shut down and go out of business

•••
stscac said:
:td:

Their cPanel has been expired for at least a month now, and with no shell access, you're alone in the dark.

-Steve
That's false,
Our cPanel license never expired.

StackedTech said:
I used to use them before I got my own dedicated server. The whole company is runned by one person, and at the moment , last i heard was all mysql databases were dropped due to a hacking attempt by another host. I have a free hosting on there. I dont like it that much. You pay what you get for.
Everything has been running perfect for the past 6~7 months, and we have uptime statistics to prove it.

sectorfour said:
yeah it is, but i was saying they have a bad name they should shut down and go out of business
We have a great name, and we serve hundreds of resellers;
Thank you for the advise, though as far as I am concerned you can keep it to yourself.

Have a nice day,
Gil - ZoneServ.com.

•••
Gil, How can you say you have a great name, when you have been shut down by Hackers?

I have not seen many web hosts who leave their whm passwords lying around etc.

However I must say on Gil's defense, He FULLY REFUNDED anyone who had a problem, He is a man of his word, even if he does not have the most secure passwords

•••
Once for no reason i randomly had full root access and he couldn't log in, if i wasn't a decent person i could of deleted every account or stolen stuff.

Very unprofessional.

•••
jstep said:
Gil, How can you say you have a great name, when you have been shut down by Hackers?

I have not seen many web hosts who leave their whm passwords lying around etc.

However I must say on Gil's defense, He FULLY REFUNDED anyone who had a problem, He is a man of his word, even if he does not have the most secure passwords

With all do respect sir,
We were hacked, not because our passwords were lying around.

All of our passwords are 32+ characters, and also include special characters,
We had accunet manage our servers a few months ago, and because of the length and special characters in the passwords they couldn't login to the server (just FYI).

We currently had all of our servers secured using the best companies around, RACK911, Accunet, and Server wizards. Our servers are extremely secure and ultra fast. Uptime is great too.

We did have some small downtime due to dataceter issues this month, but our uptime is still great. We finished 2005 with 99.723% uptime which I believe is great uptime for any provider and especially for a budget provider like us, this only amplify our service.

We are experienced, and I can assure you we have been through almost everything, from DDOS attacks, to security holes, hackers, script kiddies as you see just about anything. Experience is the key for this business.

Kind regards mate,
Gil - ZoneServ.com.

liam_d said:
Once for no reason i randomly had full root access and he couldn't log in, if i wasn't a decent person i could of deleted every account or stolen stuff.

Very unprofessional.

Security hole was fixed minutes after it was found.

Gil.

•••
ZoneServ.com said:
That's false,
Our cPanel license never expired.
Really?

I haven't had cpanel for a month.

-Steve

•••
stscac said:
Really?

I haven't had cpanel for a month.

-Steve

Hey Steven,

Did you ever email us about it?
If you are getting this error it means you are trying to login to the old server.

We changed a server about a month ago into a P4 3.0GHz w/HT + 2GB RAM and SATA HDs. We emailed all clients a few times, also informed them about the new billing system.

The reason for you to think that the cPanel license expired might be that your email address in our billing area was out-dated, so we couldn't reach you. And I believe it is the client responsibility to update their contact addresses.

Also I find it hard to believe you even tried to do anything about it, like emailing us? Saying anything so we can tell you that you are simply trying to login *EDIT* into *EDIT* an old server that is not being used anymore?

Gil.

Last edited:
•••
I think i'll pass, this isn't the 1st forum i've seen where ppl have posted bad things...

can an admin close this before it gets out of hand please.

•••
hi zoneserv
i have never been billed! for the gt5 site in my sig
just want to make sure its not a problem

•••
ReaperUK said:
I think i'll pass, this isn't the 1st forum i've seen where ppl have posted bad things...

can an admin close this before it gets out of hand please.
Sure mate, no one holds a gun against your throat.

drifta said:
hi zoneserv
i have never been billed! for the gt5 site in my sig
just want to make sure its not a problem
This is far from being a support forum for ZoneServ.com, contact me in one of the many ways in our website.

Regards,
Gil - ZoneServ.com.

Last edited:
•••
ZoneServ.com you certainly need to lose your attitude, you are giving yourself a bad reputation, but hey what do I care.

•••
FYI
A member has made a request of me that this thread be closed. Thus far, I am seeing some minor bickering and a bit of posing, but nothing that would precipitate closing the discussion. I hope that any probs can be resolved peacefully and professionally w/o guns to the throat and w/o making public accusations about someone's business before all of the facts and details are on the table and have been discussed between the parties involved. I don't know the details, yet, and am maintaining neutrality. Try to work out any disagreements, perhaps, by PM if you think that might serve you and as always, keep it relatively clean and be as professional as possible.

•••
ReaperUK said:
ZoneServ.com you certainly need to lose your attitude, you are giving yourself a bad reputation, but hey what do I care.

I don't have an attitude, all I said is we did not force any one to buy.

Have a nice day,
Gil - ZoneServ.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back