NameSilo

Anyone have experince w/ Salary.com, Payscale.com or Salaryexpert.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TestCase

Note: Doesn't play well with others.Top Member
Impact
I have a few domains that might benefit from a "salary calculator". Wanted to find out if anyone has used Salary.com, Payscale.com or Salaryexpert.com on their site and what kind of results you had.

Have already talked with Salary.com and they want $3000 ANNUAL fee for a co-branded site with a 40/60 (me/them) revenue split from any premium salary packages sold. Call me naive, but I was a bit surprised at the $$$ they wanted -- especially since I thought it would be free.

I'm waiting to hear back from the other two and would love to hear from any NP'er that has had any experience with these three or any similar program.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no experience with them but it looks like a WIN WIN for them not yourself/traffic/sites/members

•••
happyhappy said:
no experience with them but it looks like a WIN WIN for them not yourself/traffic/sites/members
My sentiments EXACTLY...

•••
I would say keep looking around. Also if you want you can pm me your domain you are thinking of using them on that would be great. If not I can fully understand!
TestCase said:
My sentiments EXACTLY...

•••
Have used Payscale.

I've used Payscale salary data on a few of my websites and they have been an AWESOME resource for us. They have an area where you can view any of their salary calculators or cost of living data that are free of charge (http://www.payscale.com/syndication/). It is easy to use and all you have to do is copy and paste the code to your website. I looked into Salary.com but Payscale's tools seemed to have much more detailed and relevant information. Plus, their tools free, and there aren't any contracts or length of time restrictions you have to agree to.

•••
Thanks for the input BB and welcome to NamePros!

I'm waiting to hear back from Payscale but am looking for/would prefer something where I can generate income from providing salary information or in forwarding the traffic to a salary information site.

My primary site is well trafficked (usually at the top of page one for most of the common search terms in its niche) so I believe it has a lot to offer those sites/services that can monetize salary information requests -- I'd like to see my site share in the income.

•••
payscale

Very true! But even if they are non paying, I would think that any relevant complementary content tool will still increase and retain your web traffic, and that would in turn increase the traffic to your other paying links. It's sort of like an indirect revenue generator, but still a revenue generator. I thought the cool thing about Payscale was that when you do a search, they post the results without opening a separate window, so it doesnt drive traffic away. I don't think Salary.com does that. Theirs opens in a separate window.

•••
But even if they are non paying, I would think that any relevant complementary content tool will still increase and retain your web traffic, and that would in turn increase the traffic to your other paying links. It's sort of like an indirect revenue generator, but still a revenue generator.
I do agree with you BB! :D

But I'm also always optimistic -- and a bit greedy -- so I'm hoping I can have my cake and eat it too by finding a salary tool that is free to site publishers and also offers an opportunity to earn directly from it.

The providers of these tools/services are obviously generating income from their service in some fashion -- Selling additional salary info or services to a user/jobseeker? The selling of the info they've gathered and extrapolated from the users of their tools to others? -- so I'd also like to be able to share in these earning for providing a very targeted niche candidate.

On with my search... :wave:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back