IT.COM

High Traffic Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have recently developed a funny cat site that is getting thousands of hits per day & people love it.

I'm only making a couple of dollars a day on Adsense - so it really isn't generating any money

A woman from Rev Mountain, LLC contacted me about "Exit Pop Traffic" Is this company legit?

If anyone has any ideas on monetizing this site - I would love to hear it.

I approached BuySellAds.com and they turned me down :(

If anyone has any ideas please post them :)

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those types of sites are sometimes (most of the time) hard to monetize. I have just 1 of those types of sites, where people come for fun, to read, not to buy anything. I had Adsense, wasn't doing much. I just put an Amazon banner instead and get sales off that, just because they're they #1 merchant on the internet, and people love them.

There's CPM, per impression, usually cost per thousand, usually need lots of traffic to make any kind of good money. Companies like advertising.com or doubleclick.

Since you got turned down by BuySellAds.com, try Adbrite. I've used them before to buy ads on other sites.

You can also just sell ads on your site yourself, you don't need these other companies. Just put a "this space for sale" kind of thing on your site. Not sure how you're building your site but if you're using Wordpress (others as well) there's plugins for that as well.

Look into different affiliate networks, like CJ.com and see what's available. Maybe funny cat calendars like - http://www.calendars.com/Funny-Cats/cat00185/ that's a merchant at CJ.

Just have to experiment with different things and find out what works for your site.

Last edited:
•••
Very helpful - thank you :)

•••
$2 a day probably real good for a funny cat pic site. I would let those $2 a day days add up for a good while before I would even think of trying something new. Things change, ride this wave to shore!

•••
Hey there Avabelle! Is the site that you are talking about..the last one in your signatures?

If so..personally I would have less blog postings on main page (more pages for ads to be clicked on..

Add a "link unit" to your blog, I have mine under the header!

•••
Never heard of a company called "Exit Pop Traffic". Search for it, Google is your friend

As for monetizing your site I would suggest you some in-line text ads like affinity.com they are paying very good.

•••
Yah, you need to Google search them. I have not heard of them too!

•••
Hey there Avabelle! Is the site that you are talking about..the last one in your signatures?

If so..personally I would have less blog postings on main page (more pages for ads to be clicked on..

Add a "link unit" to your blog, I have mine under the header!

Yes - that is the site :)

I am going to take your advice and place one post on the main page....Thanks for the advice everyone :)

•••
Your site is fun! I personally love cats and I laughed after seeing your 'breaded' cats. How about adding a CPA offer? You can search for related cpa offers and add them in your site and see if it works.

Zidane

•••
try clickbank , test different categories and choose the most appropriate one for your niche.

•••
try clickbank , test different categories and choose the most appropriate one for your niche.
I don't see much "cat" related stuff on clickbank but then again, I never really searched for them.

Personally, I think if you going to go affiliate...I would check out Amazon!

•••
Clickbank wouldn't be right for a site like yours. Amazon - maybe, if you pick out individual products... might be able to embed a stores page ...

Do your visitors HAVE cats?
Petco
Petsmart ...etc.

Would they buy merchandise with (funny) cats on it?
Zazzle
CafePress
... etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back