NameSilo

Anyone ever bought domains just because the name humoured you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Duncan729

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Saw HairyPooter.com dropped and made me laugh.

•••
in that font may be
but as a brand with a logo it wouldnt in a different font
Man, I was so obviously... fijcking with you, pulling your leg there! :xf.grin:

•••
•••
•••
Absolutely bought domains for a laugh before. Bought ugly.sexy when the extension first came out. When going to the site all you saw was this:

ugly.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
lol all the time someone gave me Jobbies lets hope that makes you laugh.

•••
Yup, I brought UpUranus .com immediately when I saw it, because because it sparked my sense of humour on sight. I was still laughing when the reg went through.

But I also have been thinking I may build a brand on it. The logo/image that instantly came to mind was, in the old USSR propaganda poster style, in shades of red and black, a cosmonaut holding hand up in salute with Uranus in the background. The salute to be generalized and backhanded V style to give the 'up yours' vibe.

Will look very cool on TShirts. My first business was as a screenprinter and developer of surf brands. So I feel a little of that call back to the trade. UpUranus does have the legs I think, to be a irreverent cult brand if the art is done right. I'm tempted... very tempted... In the meantime, whenever I see the name in my portfolio it always makes me chuckle.

•••
Too many times...the results of which have had me scratching my head long after the fact, wondering what in the hell I'm going to do with them now that I own them.

PlentyofDouchebags.com ... play on the massively successful dating site PlentyofFish. Don't ask.

•••
Too many times...the results of which have had me scratching my head long after the fact, wondering what in the hell I'm going to do with them now that I own them.

PlentyofDouchebags.com ... play on the massively successful dating site PlentyofFish. Don't ask.

Use it for a dating reviews site.

•••
Use it for a dating reviews site.

Haha I was thinking about that, I had another thought about using it to do a site on government/civic workers etc...either way it's a domain name that offers a couple of options, but time is my issue. I was thinking about selling it...or wait a few months and time permitting, put something together.

Had it since 2009...cheap, quick dump if anyone wants it. (n)

•••
Even better. Great idea
"government/civic workers" include judicial douche.

lots of anti(*) - sites
rappers?

•••

I think you could turn it into a brand and a business. Caricatures of douchebags on bags. Something like this-

images

PlentyofDouchebags.com

Luke_Bryan_Funny_Face_backpack_large.jpeg

PlentyofDouchebags.com

The thing of it is that each bag would be a walking advertisement and conversation starter. More importantly it would be social media bait and instagram pic share catnip on steroids. Could lead to out of control sales demand.

Could be huge. Said in jest at first ...but then many a truth is said in jest :xf.wink:..as they say.

Last edited:
•••
I think you could turn it into a brand and a business. Caricatures of douchebags on bags. Something like this-

The thing of it is that each bag would be a walking advertisement and conversation starter. More importantly it would be social media bait and instagram share catnip on steroids. Leading to out of control sales demand.

Could be huge. Said in jest at first ...but then many a truth is said in jest :xf.wink:..as they say.

Another great idea! Hey folks, come check out my latest douchebag, comes with matching toilet paper ;)

•••

LOL love the Trump bag. I like the way you think.

Even better. Great idea
"government/civic workers" include judicial douche.

right! so many candidates. It would never be without subject matter or user submitted content.

•••
Another great idea! Hey folks, come check out my latest douchebag, comes with matching toilet paper

Trump TP. hahaha There would literally be an unlimited supply of 'Douchebags'...PlentyofDouchebags!

•••
A while back I bought

F Yourself

dot com

Still have no idea what to do with it...

•••
I have dropped the ones I had but have bought some silly names over 20 years.

•••
Sure have. That's how I got started :xf.grin:

•••
I have dropped the ones I had but have bought some silly names over 20 years.

Care to share a few of the funnier ones.

•••
Still waiting for someone to create .ass, which has endless possibilities.

•••
@Dynadot thats very wise of you. Good thinking. You should grab 'wise' in that gtld. :xf.wink:..just kiddin!!..

Last edited:
•••
I actually have one for you.....

trollfeet1.jpg

TrollFeet.com :)

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back