domain AnyGigs.com, StakeLender.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killstrike

Established Member
Impact
Please appraise both I am new to Domain Investing.
  1. Estimated Value:
  2. Would you buy them?
  3. Does domain parking affect value?
  4. Does domain registration date affect value?
Domain Names: AnyGigs.com, StakeLender.com

Name Origin: Any, Gigs
Reason For Buying: Rising interest in the gig economy, and contract work

Name Origin: Crypto Staking, Company Stake, Liquidity & Asset Lender
Reason For Buying: Rising interest in crypto staking, and buying stocks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would maybe see the "gigs" domain Low / Mid XXX. Lending a stake? Sounds unusual, unless there's some angle with it (like in crypto). Take offers, but I think I'd be a touch happier with "lend"

•••
Would maybe see the "gigs" domain Low / Mid XXX. Lending a stake? Sounds unusual, unless there's some angle with it (like in crypto). Take offers, but I think I'd be a touch happier with "lend"
I appreciate the advice. I am thinking about dropping the StakeLender domain since it was hand registered and still has a grace period. I jumped the gun and impulse-bought it because another domain I was going to buy was purchased. I have a decent list of names, but after seeing many of the posts on here, I realize the vast majority of domains do not sell... So I should probably do more research before buying more.

•••

Do you think it's worth keeping the StakeLender name for a medium to long-term investment? The idea of lending a stake, or stock is a newer concept but I noticed Robinhood, HelloStake and a few other companies started doing it. This had no effect on me registering the name. More or less I am just trying to convince myself it was a good investment now.

Stock Lending Definition:
Stock lending and borrowing (SLB)is a system in which traders borrow shares that they do not already own, or lend the stocks that they own but do not intend to sell immediately. Just like in a loan, an SLB transaction happens at a rate of interest and tenure that is fixed by the two parties entering the transaction.

Stake Lending Definition:
What Is Crypto Staking and Lending? The short answer is that staking is leasing your crypto to the blockchain, and lending is leasing your crypto to a borrower. Both earn a trickle of interest, typically paid out in form of the crypto you lent or staked.

•••
You don't have any winners here, sorry.

There are countless domains which might almost seem as they are good, but they aren't.

There's a very fine line there that you need to sense. Beyond that, it's worthless.

•••
You don't have any winners here, sorry.

There are countless domains which might almost seem as they are good, but they aren't.

There's a very fine line there that you need to sense. Beyond that, it's worthless.

I really appreciate the honest advice. I will definitely try to remember that going forward.

Try to find gold, don't buy fools gold! - @Twiki
Not an exact quote lol but I get your meaning. "New Domainers can be blinded by Confirmation Bias because they do not want to admit you are wrong."

•••
I really appreciate the honest advice. I will definitely try to remember that going forward.

Not an exact quote lol but I get your meaning. "New Domainers can be blinded by Confirmation Bias because they do not want to admit you are wrong."

Most times they get angry at ya for telling them their domains are rubbish. (the truth)

But it's better than depression - that one comes when they finally see their many thousands $ gone down the drain.

See this thread... quite self explanatory: https://www.namepros.com/threads/domaining-is-over-domainers-must-now-drop-the-domains.1275923/

Note: My first domaining year cost me $14K - but I was prepared for that, and planned for the loss in advance cause it was obviously coming. Price of learning.

Edit: When starting domaining, be prepared to eventually eat a loss, waste a few years, make a thick skin and work countless hours. It takes that - in most cases. It was the same for me.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back