Domain Empire

Anybody pre-register .shop domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I pre-registered two and according to Godaddy they have received more than one application for the names so both are going into a closed auction when it becomes available. Not sure how this hangs together and not sure if i will even bother finding out.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
.shop=.top
Registry Provider: GMO Registry

•••
I pre-registered two and according to Godaddy they have received more than one application for the names so both are going into a closed auction when it becomes available. Not sure how this hangs together and not sure if i will even bother finding out.
I preregistered 3. I received the email from GoDaddy on 2 of them, same as you. I'm not going to try for them. I'm going to take that money and try to get a decent .com. The 3rd, whatever... I don't care if I get it, I don't care if I don't.

•••
I'm currently torn between cell.shop, or med.shop.

Both are $37,500.00 per year and same renewal.. ;)

•••
I'm currently torn between cell.shop, or med.shop.

Both are $37,500.00 per year and same renewal.. ;)
So, which domain have you registered? could you kindly share with us?

•••
According to GMO registry, the first.SHOP end user is wizi.shop

•••
•••
So, which domain have you registered? could you kindly share with us?

None yet but if I do it won't be the crazy pricing above. :)

•••
None yet but if I do it won't be the crazy pricing above. :)
Just now, i checked this domain cell.shop on our platform, it costs less than $30,000 per year at west.cn, the Chinese version of west.xyz.

•••
Just now, i checked this domain cell.shop on our platform, it costs less than $30,000 per year at west.cn, the Chinese version of west.xyz.
I'm confident 99.9999% of the worlds population still consider it to be crazy priced :-D

•••
I will wait till get to .99 cent.

•••
I'll get one I'm sure but it will be regular renewal fee, no more... :!:

•••
I'm confident 99.9999% of the worlds population still consider it to be crazy priced :-D
:-Dsome premium domain is indeed expensive, ordinary domains may be affordable

•••

I prefer to try and purchase at EAP level if I really want the domain. Not high EAP but the lower ones for me...

The last pre-order domains I had go to auction at GD was .vip, it was just me and someone else and they out bid me on several which was fine. Then GD came back and said they didn't pay and I could purchase the domains. This would have been fine if they would have sold them to me at auction start price, before the person that didn't pay ran up the price. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit leery of these pre-order auctions. It's either shoot for the EAP, or see if it's still around when GA happens..

•••
I prefer to try and purchase at EAP level if I really want the domain. Not high EAP but the lower ones for me...

The last pre-order domains I had go to auction at GD was .vip, it was just me and someone else and they out bid me on several which was fine. Then GD came back and said they didn't pay and I could purchase the domains. This would have been fine if they would have sold them to me at auction start price, before the person that didn't pay ran up the price. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit leery of these pre-order auctions. It's either shoot for the EAP, or see if it's still around when GA happens..
That might be a good way to get domains, but it needs some luck~:ahhh:

•••

Actually, you can register domains on west.xyz, both the registration fee and renewal fee are less than many western registries. As for this domain, cell.shop. the registration fee at west.xyz is much less and renewal fee will also be reduced further.

•••
:-Dsome premium domain is indeed expensive, ordinary domains may be affordable

Not quite sure what your definition of a premium domain is, compared to ordinary. 29K to 37K for a domain is just crazy for a new launch of a gTLD. Not many in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cell.shop IMO. At least not a domainer and this is a domainer driven forum BTW.

I see you have cell.shop for $29,113.77 USD. Maybe if the register's, such as you and others would refuse to carry their product on your site they might come back down to earth, not sure and probably not.

Now let's look further at how this probably works, west.xyz at $29K plus, Godaddy at almost 35K and 101domain at 37K plus. It appears to me you're making some big back end money if these sale's happen, it's different pricing on every site.

Example: Cell.shop from the registry, lets say is 25k to you, west marks it up to 29K and so you make a residual on the markup right? Whats that 4k when registered and an additional 4k each time it's renewed?

Sorry for the derail everyone but when a register chimes in as says, well we're cheaper then it's time to dig a bit deeper and figure out why. West is just not jacking up the price as much as the others, not making as much on the back end IMO. ;)

It's a shame the registers are supporting this type of activity but it's obvious they're making some great residual income if the sale happens and this is shown with how they can price structure differently.

Total derail// sorry. :guilty:

Last edited:
•••
You gotta be nuts to dish out that kind of $ for a new tld that is unproven.

•••
As always, I'll wait for the drops a year from now...

•••
•••
Or the freebies :)

As long as they are ok names... Will probably never happen with freebies. All are long gone then.

Last edited:
•••
Not quite sure what your definition of a premium domain is, compared to ordinary. 29K to 37K for a domain is just crazy for a new launch of a gTLD. Not many in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cell.shop IMO. At least not a domainer and this is a domainer driven forum BTW.

I see you have cell.shop for $29,113.77 USD. Maybe if the register's, such as you and others would refuse to carry their product on your site they might come back down to earth, not sure and probably not.

Now let's look further at how this probably works, west.xyz at $29K plus, Godaddy at almost 35K and 101domain at 37K plus. It appears to me you're making some big back end money if these sale's happen, it's different pricing on every site.

Example: Cell.shop from the registry, lets say is 25k to you, west marks it up to 29K and so you make a residual on the markup right? Whats that 4k when registered and an additional 4k each time it's renewed?

Sorry for the derail everyone but when a register chimes in as says, well we're cheaper then it's time to dig a bit deeper and figure out why. West is just not jacking up the price as much as the others, not making as much on the back end IMO. ;)

It's a shame the registers are supporting this type of activity but it's obvious they're making some great residual income if the sale happens and this is shown with how they can price structure differently.

Total derail// sorry. :guilty:

The definition of premium domain is decided by registry, not by registrar. Whether a domain is premium or not , only can be informed when it registered. Premium domain often means value, unique and so on.

As you know, even the same domain, it also costs differently due to different registrar. We do not comment other registrars, but the differences of its price indeed exist. As for this point, I’d like to share you that we are the largest domain registrar all over the world, especially in New GTLD. You can find the data from ntldstats.com, the number doesn’t lie. We do have some advantages not only in prices, but also in services. That’s also why so many domains registered in west.cn.

Get back to the domain, cell.shop, we provide domain registration service with competitive price. Of course, it’s wise for you to compare with other registrar, we are also very happy if you register at much lower price at any other registrars. We even would like to write news for this domain registration to share with our Chinese domainers. But I’m afraid it’s probably not easy for you to get more competitive price than west.xyz. Anyway, we just provide you more choices and let more people know us!

Hope you have a nice day!

•••
The definition of premium domain is decided by registry, not by registrar. Whether a domain is premium or not , only can be informed when it registered. Premium domain often means value, unique and so on.

We do have some advantages not only in prices

The domain we discussed I agree you're cheaper than the registers I pointed out but it's still unrealistic for a domain investor to purchase it, the majority of end users IMO.

I have quickly debunked the fact that you're the cheapest, how premiums are defined.

I just did a pre-registration for 9/18 early access, one domain and the domain is under $20.00 per year and same renewal. When I checked your site it was priced over $1,100.00 per year, same renewal. I'd say you have it as premium but the others don't. :)

Why is that?

Last edited:
•••
The domain we discussed I agree you're cheaper than the registers I pointed out but it's still unrealistic for a domain investor to purchase it, the majority of end users IMO.

I have quickly debunked the fact that you're the cheapest, how premiums are defined.

I just did a pre-registration for 9/18 early access, one domain and the domain is under $20.00 per year and same renewal. When I checked your site it was priced over $1,100.00 per year, same renewal. I'd say you have it as premium but the others don't. :)

Why is that?
could you tell me what the domain is?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back