IT.COM

Anybody Making More than $100/day with AdSense?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anybody Making More than $100/day with _Ad--Sense?

Hi All:

I would like to know if any of you domain holders out there are making over $100 per day with your G@@gle _Ad_Sense ads. I'd like to check out your layout and color schemes, etc. Thanks in advance.

:blink:

AmCy

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dgridley said:
I haven't tried it, but AllFeeds.com bills itself as a Google alternative.. no public service ads! You don't even need a website...

I've tried a few other programs and to be perfectly honest they simply don't measure up. -Ad_Sense is king for me because of a) the Internet's best content matching b) excellent tracking/stats tools c) no funny business with payouts!

There's no need to worry about public service ads anymore. You can easily configure Ad_Sense to display your own banner ads when their system doesn't have anything to display on your site. A great feature which I have implemented with all my sites.

I must also write that I think that Ad-Sense_ could really use some serious competition. With the popularity of Ad-Sense_, I worry that a monopoly mentality will so take over and they'll start messing around with honest partners like me. It always goes that way e.g. Yahoo!, eBay, etc.

I also worry about having all my eggs in one basket with Ad__Sense. Fraudulent clicks might get out of control and they could easly discontinue the Ad-_Sense program. After all, they still make plenty of money from the ads they display in the SERP's.

I'll check out AllFeeds.com. Never heard of them. Thanks for the tip.

AmCy

•••
billinchina said:
You don't need to ask people who make $100 a day what works best. Just ask people what color schemes and layouts work best. I'll tell you right now that bigger ads are better and removing the borders and background colors keeps the ads less ad-like. Also, blue hyperlinks are good because humans associate blue underlined text as hyperlinks due to the old days in Internet history when almost all hyperlinks were blue. I think Namepros AdSense format is the best.

I've done A LOT of experimentation with color schemes on most of my high traffic sites. My conclusion: white background, blue links and a red border work best. Some of you might argue with this but I'm going by empirical evidence here. It works. Some people are convinced that a yellow BG with red links works best because of the contrast. When I tried that, I got 0 clicks! I also tried matching the border the page's BG color and this does work well in certain circumstances.

AmCy

•••
-RJ- said:
The bigger ad formats are better. I have very good results with the wide skyscraper format so I use it whereever possible on a site.

RJ

I've had great success with the leaderboard as my default banner with the wide skyscrapers on the left flank. Bigger is defintely the best, no doubt.

I'm interested in sites that are making big bucks with Ad__Sense- because I just don't want to get too complacent with the success I'm having. Just trying to stay on top of the game, know what I mean, jelly bean?

;)

AmCy

•••
AndyM3 said:
I also believe "mesothelioma" is one of the highest paying adsense words, cashing in at an average of $15.00 - and a high in the $90's.

Yup, but it's not that simple. For example, I created asbestoscancer_dot_ws in a shameless attempt to get a piece of that action. The content is original and I didn't break any +Ad_Sense_ rules yet the results have been disappointing with that site in particular. After tweaking the site a great deal I have come to the conclusion that the @Ad_Sense_ people have modified their algo to limit the earnings with certain top paying keywords. I've had much better sucess with the merchant account, web hosting, domain registraion and loan consolidation clicks.

AmCy

•••
big beef with AdSense

Used AdSense and AdWords on a portal at one time, breaking even.

Main problem with AdSense on a true destination site is that it won't pop a new window! I've lost my viewer every time I make a nickel, and it isn't worth losing a viewer for that payout.

Emailed Google a couple of times. Really impressed with the first response...until we emailed again and got the exact same message back.

•••
WebForging said:
Main problem with AdSense on a true destination site is that it won't pop a new window! I've lost my viewer every time I make a nickel, and it isn't worth losing a viewer for that payout.

Premium publishers can have new windows open, just FWIW. Get 20,000,000 pageviews and you can also :)

-Allan

•••
•••
•••
if only I'd known....

IAmAllanShore said:
Premium publishers can have new windows open, just FWIW. Get 20,000,000 pageviews and you can also :)

-Allan

If only I'd known it was that easy! Just get 20,000,000 pageviews. Now, if Google can do it for them, why not for my 200,000 pageviews/month site? Or the myriad smaller ones?

•••
WebForging said:
If only I'd known it was that easy! Just get 20,000,000 pageviews. Now, if Google can do it for them, why not for my 200,000 pageviews/month site? Or the myriad smaller ones?

Because it diminishes the value of the click.

-Allan

•••
sorry

IAmAllanShore said:
Share what?

-Allan
sorry i had wrongly posted

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back