Dynadot

question Anybody buying .eth names yet?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mindful

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.eth?
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat did not know. What country is that? How much? What does it stand for besides Ethereum ?

•••
What names did you buy sir?

•••
•••
Some of these have sold for 6 figures but don't be fooled, they only act as a personal wallet.

•••
Basically it's a shot in the dark with .eth maybe your lucky and land a 6 figure sale, maybe not. I do see they being worth more money in the future if ethereum really takes off and surpass bitcoin but it will be a hard market.

•••
Oh hey, sorry didn't realize the responses till now. Hmm, well I have 400 some .eth names.
Yes, currently they are only used as an Ethereum wallet address's. but that is just the beginning.
I believe the intent is for them to be transitioned into website addresses as well. and,,
Subdomains can be created on the original name. For instance i own the name EssentialGuide.ETH, I can create subdomains and rent them out to clients . something like Joes restaurant in NYC could be created like this Joes.Restaurants.NYC.EssentialGuide.eth Does that make sense?

•••
What names did you buy sir?
300 plus .eth names Allot of Hotel, oil and gas, cryptos, gold and silver related names. some big ones I think that I'm not sure how to best market like discounttire.eth, autobroker.eth truckworld.eth

•••
Some of these have sold for 6 figures but don't be fooled, they only act as a personal wallet.
Am I a fool for spending an average of $3-4 on each of my 300+ names? And if I so choose I can just let the name expire/turn it back in and I can get 99% of my initial investment of .01Ether back. (.01 Ether currently equals about $3.25)
Sorry Sir, I ain't no fool, my investment is miniscule with HUUGE potential. It seems to me that the fools are the ones that I don't have to compete with.

•••
Basically it's a shot in the dark with .eth maybe your lucky and land a 6 figure sale, maybe not. I do see they being worth more money in the future if ethereum really takes off and surpass bitcoin but it will be a hard market.
Yes definitely hard, still shot in the dark. Nobody here for instance really knows what I'm talking about. I feel like one of the initial mountain men explorers and I can feel the rumble in the earth. But first I have to wait for you all, the pioneers, to get here before we both reap the rewards of the Big Train coming down the tracks.
P.S. Ethereum will not surpass Bitcoin nor does it need to, to "take off". Not the issue.

Last edited:
•••
Where do you get .eth names from?

•••
I create auctions and bid for names with my "myetherwallet.com" wallet address. All transactions are in Ethereum not dollars. Just a few of my names are listed for sale on enslisting.com.
There are exchanges where you can buy Ether or Bitcoin or Litecoin. Most used exchange is Coinbase. Go open an account, buy some Ether, and I'll tell you what to do from there.

•••
Hit me with questions, I am happy to help.

•••
Am I a fool for spending an average of $3-4 on each of my 300+ names? And if I so choose I can just let the name expire/turn it back in and I can get 99% of my initial investment of .01Ether back. (.01 Ether currently equals about $3.25)
Sorry Sir, I ain't no fool, my investment is miniscule with HUUGE potential. It seems to me that the fools are the ones that I don't have to compete with.
I'm not saying that registrants of .eth are fools. I'm saying that people shouldn't be fooled into thinking that .eth acts as a traditional URL would.

•••
•••
Gotcha Keith, no worries. True, .eth does not act as a traditional URL would, Yet. This is just the very beginning, Revolutionary. Think of buying .com names back in 1994. Thats where this is at.

•••
Do they have this for Bitcoin? Or, is it in the works?

•••
Not that I'm aware of. I'm sure in the future .eth will compare to .com. But those future systems(?) would probably stem off other Cryptocurrencies or Software Systems, not Bitcoin.
Look into whats happening with Veritaseum to get a taste of our future.

•••
Address.eth would be the best .eth domain IMO, but it is already taken, of course.

However, from my personal experience, I like to have many BTC and ETH addresses so when I give my address (wallet) to someone for some payment he will not be able to see my balance as I will use another address from that moment. If someone paid 10, 100 or 1000 ETH for some cool .eth it is logical that he will want to use it constantly, and then his balance will be visible to anyone with whom he had business.

In short, I understand the idea with .eth and it can make payments easier, but my concern is the visibility of your balance if you will be constantly using the same address.

•••
I posted about this other day, I had discover .eth, .bit, .onion,.bazzar and picked up a few killer keywords. 3 or 4 bucks each. Why not they are so cheap and I don’t believe they are all wallets, .eth only - is that correct?.

The others are technically block chain domains. It’s pretty interesting when you read up on it. Maybe I’ll write up a quick overview if anyone here is interested. And no I’m not in anyway affiliated with them... just a fan.

•••

WRONG - They are smart contract addresses - once people understand the power they will provide and millions of uses then the coin shall drop.

•••
Address.eth would be the best .eth domain IMO, but it is already taken, of course.

However, from my personal experience, I like to have many BTC and ETH addresses so when I give my address (wallet) to someone for some payment he will not be able to see my balance as I will use another address from that moment. If someone paid 10, 100 or 1000 ETH for some cool .eth it is logical that he will want to use it constantly, and then his balance will be visible to anyone with whom he had business.

In short, I understand the idea with .eth and it can make payments easier, but my concern is the visibility of your balance if you will be constantly using the same address.

Who cares if they know the balance ??>?? who they gonna rob ?? How ??? Come take my cash - here is my details SMOKEME.eth - Get the point yet >?

•••
NO only ethereum is running this and therefore only ethereum payments accepted, but hey 2mins worldwide aint a bad speed for cash sending

•••
Who cares if they know the balance ??>?? who they gonna rob ?? How ??? Come take my cash - here is my details SMOKEME.eth - Get the point yet >?

No, you dont get it. Fine, go ahead and write down the balance of your current checking account for the whole world to see it. Get the point yet >? ;)

Nevermind...

•••

Actually some of those domains have only "blocked" millions. If you dont renew these domains you will get back your Ether. You can look at this as some kind of savings.

.eth are cool and could be pretty useful, but it is not sure if they will succeed on the market. Registration (auction) price can not be used as a pointer because those who sent a lot of ETH to secure the name will get their ETH back once they decide they dont want the domain anymore. I would like to see some real sales for high amounts. The real sales, not registrations. I own some .eth

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back