Dynadot

question (Any?) marketplaces with visit tracking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Sedo has a partial visit tracking system.
Dan doesn't have any (just checked). I was thinking they have full tracking. Instead they have none, or I don't see it. Dan seems to be too simple to contain much information.
Epik: not yet.*
Namesilo: no *
Afternic: no (?)
(*: Epik and Namesilo might allow Google analytics ID, I don't use it)

Is Sedo the best in this sense then?

People here always say Dan works better than Sedo.
I want to know what makes Dan work better. (More counteroffers?)
Sedo shows seller's location to everyone, and because of this I don't want to park there.
Looking for alternative, and others are not perfect either.

How about Bodis?
How about Squadhelp?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bodis and Efty support GA.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Why do you say DAN does not have it @topdom ? Even apart from the GA option noted by @Jurgen Wolf , when you look in your portfolio report it gives number of monthly visits for each domain.

Also with Epik, apart from using your own GA, if you use the Performance tab it shows, among other things, the number of visits each domain on marketplace has received.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Dan shows number of visits, which means nothing.
It looks like the only way to track visits is to use G.A.
If I use G.A. then G knows which domains I have and sell this data to tm owners who then can use it against me etc. (G knows everything already? .. I still prefer to make things not so obvious).

Last edited:
•••
Sorry I think I misunderstood what you mean by track visits. You mean track their IP address? If so, without GA, DAN and most options don't provide that although Epik do.
Bob

PS by the way I don't agree that number of visits is meaningless. I don't place a lot of emphasis on it, but do every few weeks examine it for my portfolio.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Yes, I mean IPs. Epik doesn't have visit tracking without G.A., they have whois-check tracking, and offer tracking.
What I want to see somewhere: Something like Sedo's stats, plus I can check details of any domain further when needed. Also it would be great if bot visits are not counted.

Why is this extremely important: because I send an outbound email (rarely), and my emails are always totally ignored. I don't know if they are considering purchasing the domain. For example I say: this is the appraisal price and here is our short-term-discount price; and show the url of the domain, do they visit it or not. If they don't this might mean, I'm contacting the wrong person, or my strategy is not working. If I get feedback I can improve my skills, and when they become perfect then it becomes a routine activity with good roi.

In short, outbounding without tracking is like living without a purpose. So tracking is a must.

•••
Thanks for explaining why you need it @topdom - that makes sense and I now understand exactly what you are seeking.

In late October 2019 @Rob Monster in this post indicated a future plan at Epik to provide such detail for visits to listed domains at Epik, and not only when offers are made. It sounds like it would provide what you are looking for.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
In late October 2019 @Rob Monster in this post indicated a future plan at Epik to provide such detail for visits to listed domains at Epik, and not only when offers are made. It sounds like it would provide what you are looking for.
Bob

that's the problem with future plans ....

•••
Sedo has a partial visit tracking system.
Dan doesn't have any (just checked). I was thinking they have full tracking. Instead they have none, or I don't see it. Dan seems to be too simple to contain much information.
Epik: not yet.*
Namesilo: no *
Afternic: no (?)
(*: Epik and Namesilo might allow Google analytics ID, I don't use it)

Is Sedo the best in this sense then?

People here always say Dan works better than Sedo.
I want to know what makes Dan work better. (More counteroffers?)
Sedo shows seller's location to everyone, and because of this I don't want to park there.
Looking for alternative, and others are not perfect either.

How about Bodis?
How about Squadhelp?

you say you don't use GA

ok

so start using it

•••
You can see the IPs of Marketplace visits already.
Just go to the perfomance tab and click on the amount of Marketplace visits, a pop-up will open with a detail of the visitors's IP, same for Whois views.
upload_2020-1-2_12-53-11.png

IPs of landing pages visitors are currently not tracked.

Gube

•••
Just go to the perfomance tab and click on the amount of Marketplace visits, a pop-up will open with a detail of the visitors's IP, same for Whois views.
Show attachment 140453

Gube
Any chance of having a monthly count and then it resets to 0 for the following month?

We can then have monthly stats as well a "grand total" figure......

•••
If I use G.A. then G knows which domains I have and sell this data to tm owners who then can use it against me etc. (G knows everything already? .. I still prefer to make things not so obvious).

That is the EXACT reason I do use GA...all data collect by them can be sold if they choose to do so.

If epik can achieve what they propose, that would be good but for now I rely on the data provided by voodoo as their system does a good job in scrubbing out the bots. The data supplied will show from which country a visit came from and how (type in, google search, mobile search box, etc.). It will provide an IP when an offer/inquiry is made.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 140453

Gube

I see no reason for a marketplace to disallow the individual use of GA

@Gube can you explain what holds epik back?

•••
I see no reason for a marketplace to disallow the individual use of GA

@Gube can you explain what holds epik back?
Who said using GA was not allowed?
It's not enabled by default, but Epik users can add their GA id to their landers.

Gube

•••
Any chance of having a monthly count and then it resets to 0 for the following month?

We can then have monthly stats as well a "grand total" figure......
@Gube ^ ^

•••
We currently show the total amount of visits, IPs, views depending on the stat
This amount is a total, no reset.
But we could add yearly,monthly, daily totals in the next upgrade.
Will see with the tech team once they are all back.

Gube

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back