NameSilo

Any hope of a domain sale without outbound

Located in Domain Beginners started by Chay Toks, Jan 3, 2019.

Replies:
20
Views:
1,656

  1. Chay Toks

    Chay Toks Established Member

    Posts:
    24
    Likes Received:
    12
    From a newbie
    I have been in the domaining industry for about 8 months now, I do have about 10 domains, and I have decided not to buy anymore until I get to sell at least one of the names, however there as been no hope of getting any of these names sold, outbound looks like the visible option now, I have learnt a lot about outbound however it does appear to me as more of spamming, is there any hope of getting domain names sold without via inbound ?
     
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NameSplice

    NameSplice Established Member

    Posts:
    625
    Likes Received:
    1,625
    If you have great names buyers will find you and no need for outbounding:xf.smile:
     
  3. wizard

    wizard Domain Wizard PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    1,090
    Likes Received:
    1,212
    You only have 10 domains you can’t expect lots of leads from this unless they are good domains lots of investors hold thousands to make a few sales a month so don’t give up if the domains are good you will always get inbound leads
     
  4. golan

    golan GolanMedia.com Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    3,877
    Likes Received:
    3,559
    Most of our colleagues say their sale rate is 2-4% a year. And it's for GOOD names.

    So for your 10 names, unfortunately your chances to sell one domain in a year are like 1/3. And only if your names are GOOD.
     
  5. NYJimbo

    NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    2,563
    Likes Received:
    4,431
    Post the names here if you can, maybe you can get a little guidance.
     
  6. J Sokol

    J Sokol Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,406
    Likes Received:
    1,897
    Hello @Chay Toks. I've been domaining for about as long as you have, and here's what I've learned:

    1) Domaining is a slow process. It can months or years to sell a domain.
    2) It's very important to buy quality names, and it takes time to learn to distinguish a good domain from a not-so-good one.
    3) It's important to differentiate between retail and wholesale trading. Retail sales bring higher prices but take longer.

    You might consider listing one or more of your domains here on NamePros to see if they generate any interest.
     
  7. barman

    barman Established Member

    Posts:
    743
    Likes Received:
    919
    This depends entirely on the quality of the names. If your names are things like myultimatebeanbagchairs.net, then no, you have no chance of selling them, whether it's inbound or outbound.
     
  8. Dave

    Dave Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    3,532
    Likes Received:
    4,247
    Getting inbound or outbound offers from end users isn't dependent on some fairy-tale strategy or tactics. It depends on only one thing, whether somebody out there in the world wants to buy your domain name.

    Having better quality domains obviously increases the likelihood that somebody will want to buy your domain, but it isn't always a guarantee.

    There are no guarantees in domaining. What anyone should try to do is to reduce risk of loss as greatly as possible. Strive to buy domain names either very cheap where you don't mind losing the money ($1 promotions, hand registrations) OR buy good quality names on the aftermarket where you feel confident enough you can get some or nearly all of your investment back should you need to liquidate quickly to another investor.

    Here's an example of what I mean. When you see request threads on this forum for Brandpa published names, most of the OP's are instinctively providing a budget range that helps them to greatly reduce risk. That is why they are requesting domains that have a published BIN of 4 figures for $10-35 per name.
     
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  9. Chay Toks

    Chay Toks Established Member

    Posts:
    24
    Likes Received:
    12
    Thanks for the responds, getting back to domaining after few months out due to what seems to be a lack of progress and frustration, a lot of my names had expired and i have no intentions of getting them renewed, here are some of the names i have left,
    imress.com
    kushplaza.com
    popceilingdesigns.com
    rizy.net
    xiroy.com (listed on brandbucket)

    do they look like names that could sell without outbound ?
     
  10. lock

    lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

    Posts:
    3,067
    Likes Received:
    2,803
    But where can I get my ultimate bean bag chair sounds great lol.
     
  11. myfavorite

    myfavorite Member VIP

    Posts:
    771
    Likes Received:
    819
    Great names will do outbound for itself. But sales is not everyday thing in domain investment.

    Don't be in a hurry to invest money you may need in a short period of time.
     
  12. hawkeye

    hawkeye Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    4,613
    Likes Received:
    3,632
    From what I see, kushplaza.com is your best and has a decent chance to sell. List it on PotNames.com and the other aftermarket platforms.
     
  13. saintpro

    saintpro Established Member

    Posts:
    163
    Likes Received:
    218
    This is a "GameOfPatience".The more you have it, the more you can earn. Just like any other business, it takes its own time. Got my first sale of 1.5K after one year of launch with less than 30 names. (Mostly handreg then). No outbound.

    As experienced domainers mentioned, it all depends on the quality of your product & the time you allot. You need to do a lot of homework at least in the initial days which I'm still doing.


    Yes, Kush Plaza looks good. Hold it.
     
  14. sharastar

    sharastar Established Member

    Posts:
    181
    Likes Received:
    182
    @Chay Toks Kushplaza and Xiroy would be good ones of those names.

    All the best continue your journey no matter what.Domaining is a game of quality and patience.

    Give your best each day.

    Cheers
     
  15. Jason Baudendistel

    Jason Baudendistel CEO Wibbets Inc Blue Account

    Posts:
    110
    Likes Received:
    78
    I like the weed one and the ceiling one, keep in mind that cannabis hasn't been legalized federally yet so it's a risk to assume that happens.
     
  16. Zilla

    Zilla Grabdot.com Monao.cn Shijie.one VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    1,269
    Likes Received:
    837
    A game of quality vs price... if u want sell low quality name for high price, it almost impossible...unless u find people like me who make lots of mistake....btw, u can find us at a thread call regret purchase...😓

    agree with others, hold kush, drop all the rest, use saved $ to renew kush...u have great chance to get them back plus a good profit...
     
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  17. Recons.Com

    Recons.Com Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    5,844
    Likes Received:
    11,459
    You need 100 decent/good/great names mix to have 1 expected sale (let's say 50% chance of 1 sale, 25% of no sales, 25% of 1+ sales).

    Which doesn't mean I am advising to go and buy 100+ names. There is a learning curve involved and if you get it wrong, then it is just complete waste of money and liability.
     
  18. lolwarrior

    lolwarrior Founder, Brands.International VIP

    Posts:
    5,415
    Likes Received:
    7,106
    If you have good (decent names, usually handregs) domain porftolio, many people say the sell through rate per any given year is 1%., if you do not do outbound.

    That means that when you have for example 100 domain names, you will sell 1 name per year.

    Which means that when you have 10 domain names, as in your case, it in average takes 10 years to sell 1 of them.

    So either you will wait 10 years passively with your 10 domain names to get the 1 sale, or you will do outbound ... unless you do not have names of exceptional quality, in which case anything I wrote above is not valid, and you can get few offers per week for such names (example of exceptional name : hotel.com) :)
     
  19. lovedomains.com

    lovedomains.com marketingstrategies.com Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    1,164
    Likes Received:
    1,948
    Probably not
     
  20. memaniacs

    memaniacs Established Member

    Posts:
    22
    Likes Received:
    5
    hold kushplaza
    You can hold xiroy also, It ispronounceable and short.
     
  21. Sandern

    Sandern Established Member

    Posts:
    53
    Likes Received:
    21
    If the domain is a short premium name, then outbound links wont matter. Take time to sell it, the right buyer will be wanting to buy it.
     

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...