NameSilo

discuss Any experience buy domain at Afternic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all, i just now click buy now a domain at afternic, it's really great domain with cheap price, i doubt to sent the payment, because is like too good too be true, the domain is one word with active website, their fans facebook page got more than 1 million like and got alexa rank about 1000, the exact search monthly with the word is 4 million search/monthly, that's very crazy one. and the price is only 4 figure.

any of you get bad experience with afternic, so it's like you already sent the payment but the domain is not got through or the transaction being canceled?

sorry for my english btw, i hope you undersand what i mean.

and i click buy now too for another one that's simmiliar like TheEarth.com or TheSun.com and the price is only 3 figure, like i said, it's too good too be true.. i really doubt to sent the payment now.

please help me.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah good idea.

But, If the owner listed the domain for low price and forgot the listing, Seller may increase the price when we contact them for confirmation, and also we may lost the chance of buy out.

How about contacting the owner directly? The information is in WHOIS

Regards

Ralph.

the real question is how could this domain listing be fake, isn't it afternic verifiy the ownership of the domain first before the domain can listing in afternic.com? isn't that mean the domain listing in there is already get the authority from the real owner?

•••
If I were you i do these options before paying, i mean most of the guys here they do same

1. check it's IDN or not
2. Contact afternic
3. if there is no whois then contact the owner directly

•••
If I were you i do these options before paying, i mean most of the guys here they do same

1. check it's IDN or not
2. Contact afternic
3. if there is no whois then contact the owner directly
i already contact the afternic and sent email from whois to the owner, but not get any response yet.

right now, i think there are three thing, this can be happened.

1. the afternic system getting error right now, so they can't manage to verify the ownership properly, that's why someone listing the domain in afternic and got verified even the seller not the real owner. (very highly possible, because mostly domain is a very active website)

2. the afternic system getting error, the real owner sell the domain and setting at higher price but show very cheap price.

3. the seller is real owner and get crazy or just sell the domain for fun lol

Last edited:
•••
Sometimes their pricing doesn't update correctly. I updated 1 of my domains from $500 to $5000 after someone started using it as their "unregistered trademark" and it still appeared on GoDaddy for $500. I had to call GoDaddy to sold the issue. They had an issue with their system and ended up deleting the listing and relisting.

I see the price for this domain is now $3000, so maybe the seller had a similar issue.

•••
A few years ago I tried to list a domain at Afternic; and got the message that it belonged to somebody else, and they already had it listed for sale.
It may be that the previous owner listed it at a lower price, and the details have never been changed. In my case I had to prove to Afternic that the name was in fact mine before they would delete the previous listing.
This is a slight possibility in your case.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
A few years ago I tried to list a domain at Afternic; and got the message that it belonged to somebody else, and they already had it listed for sale.
It may be that the previous owner listed it at a lower price, and the details have never been changed. In my case I had to prove to Afternic that the name was in fact mine before they would delete the previous listing.
This is a slight possibility in your case.

Regards

Ralph.
actually i already check that the domain is new listing, like the seller too is new comer.

•••
It's probably an IDN or a fake listing. I wouldn't pay if I were you.
sorry but is there anything wrong purchasing IDN

•••
•••
The person selling the domain name at Afternic.com is a crook.
He or she doesn't own any of the domains listed for sale.
Below is what we found about the listed domains for sale.

Quality.com
Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC
Registrant Country: US
Registrar URL: http://networksolutions.com

socialmedia.com
Registrant Organization: LivingSocial
Registrant Country: US
Registrar URL: http://www.markmonitor.com

asked.com
Registrant Name: Stefan Wiegard
Registrant Country: DE
Registrar URL: http://www.psi-usa.info

we hope you did not pay any money.Next time buy your domains at NamePros.
Good Luck !

•••
unfortunately my account got banned from afternic, before he's reply to message and without any explanation..LOL

•••
Wonder shall never end. You might be banned simply because you are verifying the originality of the said domain after you have clicked on BIN and moreso that you have exposed them on social site (here) which they might not like such. You know it can affect their business. Cheers.

•••
About a year ago I brought couple of LLL /com domains @ BIN price, but later I received a message the domains were't owned by the person(s) who listed it. Well I saw that coming because the prices were mid $x,xxx but I gave it a shot in case. Not sure if they got better to check ownership since than.

•••
Hi all, i just now click buy now a domain at afternic, it's really great domain with cheap price, i doubt to sent the payment, because is like too good too be true, the domain is one word with active website, their fans facebook page got more than 1 million like and got alexa rank about 1000, the exact search monthly with the word is 4 million search/monthly, that's very crazy one. and the price is only 4 figure.

any of you get bad experience with afternic, so it's like you already sent the payment but the domain is not got through or the transaction being canceled?

sorry for my english btw, i hope you undersand what i mean.

and i click buy now too for another one that's simmiliar like TheEarth.com or TheSun.com and the price is only 3 figure, like i said, it's too good too be true.. i really doubt to sent the payment now.

please help me.
Afternic is now owned by GoDaddy I think you can buy with confidence . The seller may really need the money-who knows. Good luck to you.

•••
I like how afternic sells available domains ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back