Dynadot

discuss Any experience buy domain at Afternic?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi all, i just now click buy now a domain at afternic, it's really great domain with cheap price, i doubt to sent the payment, because is like too good too be true, the domain is one word with active website, their fans facebook page got more than 1 million like and got alexa rank about 1000, the exact search monthly with the word is 4 million search/monthly, that's very crazy one. and the price is only 4 figure.

any of you get bad experience with afternic, so it's like you already sent the payment but the domain is not got through or the transaction being canceled?

sorry for my english btw, i hope you undersand what i mean.

and i click buy now too for another one that's simmiliar like TheEarth.com or TheSun.com and the price is only 3 figure, like i said, it's too good too be true.. i really doubt to sent the payment now.

please help me.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's probably an IDN or a fake listing. I wouldn't pay if I were you.

•••
Mostly that would not be the buy it now price , it would be the min bid that you maybe talking about. If that is BIN then it would be IDN mostly.

•••
It's probably an IDN or a fake listing. I wouldn't pay if I were you.
WHAATTTT?? Fake Listing?? is it really possible on afternic? aren't they verify the ownership of the domain first before the domain show on the listing listing?

•••
Mostly that would not be the buy it now price , it would be the min bid that you maybe talking about. If that is BIN then it would be IDN mostly.

it's buy it now price, i'm sure of that, because they already provide link to pay through paypal, but when i try to pay it is not work either. ehm.. IDN, i don't really know what's the different beetween idn or not on Afternic.com, when i see idn on sedo or dynadot it's perfectly clear to see the different, but not on afternic

•••
Its better to contact Afternic directly or ask their support.

•••
WHAATTTT?? Fake Listing?? is it really possible on afternic? aren't they verify the ownership of the domain first before the domain show on the listing listing?

All I can say is has been known to happen on these sales platforms.

•••
Its better to contact Afternic directly or ask their support.
yes, i already sent an email to them, and actually i already sent to their escrow too to make sure. but they not reply yet

•••
I guess it's weekend so you may need to wait, and fake listings do happen in almost every marketplace.

•••
All I can say is has been known to happen on these sales platforms.
actually it's the first time i make transaction on afternic, i never got any problem with sedo or godaddy, but for afternic, i don't know, i really doubt about it.

•••
Yes. It's more probably an IDN that you purchased, than a fake listing. I just mentioned that for completeness.

•••
I guess it's weekend so you may need to wait, and fake listings do happen in almost every marketplace.
ehm.. you got the point mate, ok, i will wait until they response then. ehm,, isn't it the marketplace manage to verify the ownership first before the domain added on the listing? how could it's happened?

•••
Yes. It's more probably an IDN that you purchased, than a fake listing. I just mentioned that for completeness.

ehm,, it's really scary, i will ask the afternic then, is it IDN or not, because i can see clearly that's the domain not IDN. but i really don't know how it's work on afternic, when i can see clearly the different on sedo or dynadot.

•••
If you can't see clearly if it's an IDN, then how can you see clearly that it is not?

•••
ok, then i will give this link for you, is it idn or not, this is the crazy one too -> afternic.com/domain/thebest.com

yes, TheBest.com

is IDN?

•••
If you can't see clearly if it's an IDN, then how can you see clearly that it is not?

ok mate, then just go to this page - > afternic.com/listings/pedrozerosix

the seller is only one person, he sell many crazy domain and please tell me is IDN or not?
because when i see them, it is not IDN at all.

Last edited:
•••
This seller just joined Afternic this month, meaning yesterday. And he's listing domains of this quality. And you aren't suspicious. These are fake listings or IDN's. If you show me a link to an IDN on Afternic, then I can tell you if what you are looking at are IDN's or fake listings.

•••
Yes, Its not IDN

Youcan check whether the domain is IDN or not by this link : https://www.afternic.com/domain/typeyourdomainname.com (Do not copy paste)

In this seller profile (afternic.com/listings/pedrozerosix), all domains have different whois info.

I'm sure they are not belongs to one seller. Might be fake listings.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, Its not IDN

Youcan check whether the domain is IDN or not by this link : afternic.com/typeyourdomainname.com (Do not copy paste)

In this seller profile (afternic.com/listings/pedrozerosix), all domains have different whois info.

I'm sure they are not belongs to one seller. Might be fake listings.

ehm,, you got the point, mate. it's highly be fake listing..eventhough it's make me very happy if it's not, so do you have any suggestion what should i do next?

•••
Contact Afternic Support and cancel your purchase.

•••
Submit a support ticket to afternic. Do not pay, of course you will get refund if its fake but it will take around 15 days to get your money back.

•••
Submit a support ticket to afternic. Do not pay, of course you will get refund if its fake but it will take around 15 days to get your money back.
actually i'm not sent the payment yet

•••
Contact Afternic Support and cancel your purchase.
thanks for the suggestion mate, i will do it, and eventhough i dont do it, it's fine for me, since i'm not sent the payment yet.

anyway, how could i know this listing is fake or not actually?

•••
How about contacting the owner directly? The information is in WHOIS

Regards

Ralph.

•••
How about contacting the owner directly? The information is in WHOIS

Regards

Ralph.

Yeah good idea.

But, If the owner listed the domain for low price and forgot the listing, Seller may increase the price when we contact them for confirmation, and also we may lost the chance of buy out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back