request Any Domain Portfolio Script ?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia Alice

Brandsiro TeamTop Member
Impact
Does any one know a good domain portfolio script where i can list all domain and keep a landing page

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does any one know a good domain portfolio script where i can list all domain and keep a landing page

Thanks

'Good' is relative to your specific needs and level of expertise. At any rate, there are number of questions you will need to answer to gain better guidance.

1) Are you looking for a solution for a self-hosted website?
2) Do you want a script with a shopping cart or just a catalog?
3) Do you want to accept payments and complete transactions on your site or do you want to redirect to another marketplace?

Let's start with these questions...

•••
OK. I have pretty much the same question. So here are my answers to your question @BrandAptly.com

I'm not really looking for something full of bugs, but I understand this might not be bug free. But the fewer the better :)
I want a self-hosted solution, which doesn't have limitations on the number of domains that can be sold.
I would prefer a shopping cart, but I could add my own if necessary.
Isn't 3) related to 2)? But I might consider something which can redirect to another markeplace. Although probably not my first choice.

It's basically got to look at least reasonable good in these modern times. Not 2000 style of code, in 2020.
Would prefer HTML/PHP/CSS code. With or without MySQL. But it mostly depends on how nice it looks and works
Would prefer categories (pretty much essential).
I would prefer free (or abandoned), alternatively, paying a small sum for a license, if it's still being maintained.

My main concerns are that it looks reasonably modern, and it can be modified fairly easily. Not worried if it has ugly graphics or stuff which can be replaced fairly easily. Preferably each domain would have their own landing page. But not essential.

Have I left anything out?

Last edited:
•••
I have been using this one for about month or so.
I'm Pretty happy with it, very simple and easy to work.
You can check my signature and see it.

•••

OK. Found it. Thank you.

•••
Looks good .. but looks like it doesnt show expiry date of domains .. that would be a treat to me if it does that

i have around 1500 domains ...cant add individually notes or date

]=

•••
Looks good .. but looks like it doesnt show expiry date of domains .. that would be a treat to me if it does that

]=

That wouldn't be so tough to add to the database and add it to whatever page(s) you might want to add it too. It might take me a week or more to do it. But somebody on fiverr should be able to do that in an afternoon. I too would want expiry dates. But it might mess you up with any new updates. But I wouldn't expect much in the way of new updates. It's a mature product already.

Last edited:
•••

]=

No, it's doesn't show the expiry date at this point.
This is how the Domain Add section looks:
BrandRift.png

•••
Do you know how to directly land on category page, let's take the example of your website and I want to check directly how many LLLL.com is for sale if I use filters... I see there is no change in URL so how to redirect customers to a particular category page/pre-defined filters.. any Idea?

Earlier they were showing parameters in the URL structure.

•••
Do you know how to directly land on category page, let's take the example of your website and I want to check directly how many LLLL.com is for sale if I use filters... I see there is no change in URL so how to redirect customers to a particular category page/pre-defined filters.. any Idea?

Earlier they were showing parameters in the URL structure.

I just checked .. the script doesnt support it

•••

Thanks

I am going to develop one myself now on wordpress :)

Have some free time ..

For now i have managed to list domain and to show expiry date and registry in the backend

•••
•••
I am going to develop one myself now on wordpress :)

Have some free time ..

For now i have managed to list domain and to show expiry date and registry in the backend

Personally, I think Wordpress is way too much overkill and slows things down a lot. You would have a much faster website if you chose PHP/HTML/CSS/MySQL. But of course it depends where your skills lie :)

•••

A bit late with this question. If you type in a domain you are selling in your browser. Where does it land on your website?

•••
•••
Personally, I think Wordpress is way too much overkill and slows things down a lot. You would have a much faster website if you chose PHP/HTML/CSS/MySQL. But of course it depends where your skills lie :)

Not exactly.. wordpress is fast by default .. plugins and modules make it slower

and again you can optimise it any time

well actually you can use a simple woocommerce script to use it as a market place

•••

True

A bit late with this question. If you type in a domain you are selling in your browser. Where does it land on your website?

As Sophia said, it's possible to forwarding the domain to own landing page.

Last edited:
•••
I have messaged the developer, there must be a solution for it as there was one prior to the recent update in the script.

•••
You can directly land to domain page like visit Accountingg . com and see where it lands.

•••
Not exactly.. wordpress is fast by default .. plugins and modules make it slower

and again you can optimise it any time

well actually you can use a simple woocommerce script to use it as a market place
Wordpress is not good unless you optimize well and have very limited domains. This script is good.

•••
This Folio.Trader script looks promising. But what happens when the author stops supporting it. Will he unlock it so that it will continue to work in the future. I think it is a pretty good basis to work with. It's not perfect. But then rarely is anything ever perfect.

I'm still waiting for @BrandAptly.com to respond to this thread. He seemed to imply there might be quite a few other scripts/programs that might also perform these functions.

•••
This Folio.Trader script looks promising. But what happens when the author stops supporting it. Will he unlock it so that it will continue to work in the future. I think it is a pretty good basis to work with. It's not perfect. But then rarely is anything ever perfect.

I'm still waiting for @BrandAptly.com to respond to this thread. He seemed to imply there might be quite a few other scripts/programs that might also perform these functions.

My apologies for the delay in responding.

The solution I highly recommend is:
Wordpress + woocommerce shopping cart plugin + Paypal or/and Escrow.com plugin

All these are free, opensource solutions that be can be set up and configured in a matter of hours without any programming skills. There are several Wordpress/Woocommerce templates, both free and paid, you can use to beautify your presentation.

You can either set it up as a catalog with a link from each of your listing page to a corresponding landing page on one of the marketplaces, or have them check out directly using your payment facilities. Of course, you will have to handle customer service and all the other 'pleasures' that come with running a shop in the second scenario.

This is just a start to getting you up and running quickly. What I like most about this solution is that it has a large community of users that provided solutions to extend your shop features in just about any way you can imagine.

I hope this helps.

•••
Nope. It doesn't help much if we don't want to use WordPress, but want to use PHP/HTML/CSS/MySQL code.

•••
•••

Thanks
You can try DNHat. It has all the features you described. And even many more.
Here is the link: https://dnhat.com

Whatever your final choice, My advice:
Stay away from anything Wordpress. It's an overkill for handling domain portfolio.
Besides, Wordpress sites are highly prone to attacks and hacking ( https://www.zdnet.com/article/wordpress-accounted-for-90-percent-of-all-hacked-cms-sites-in-2018/ ) - how do you handle that?

I can attest to that review, 'cos everyday we witness wordpress hacking attempts, analyzing our server access logs. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back