request Any Domain Portfolio Script ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia Alice

Brandsiro TeamTop Member
Impact
Does any one know a good domain portfolio script where i can list all domain and keep a landing page

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can try DNHat. It has all the features you described. And even many more.
Here is the link: https://dnhat.com

Whatever your final choice, My advice:
Stay away from anything Wordpress. It's an overkill for handling domain portfolio.
Besides, Wordpress sites are highly prone to attacks and hacking ( https://www.zdnet.com/article/wordpress-accounted-for-90-percent-of-all-hacked-cms-sites-in-2018/ ) - how do you handle that?

I can attest to that review, 'cos everyday we witness wordpress hacking attempts, analyzing our server access logs. Better safe than sorry.

It's only an overkill for amateurs and dabblers. If you're trying to establish a serious domain business, that script you're recommending will simply not cut it.

Any good script or worthwhile website will be highly prone to attacks. Considering the vast capabilities and SEO benefits wordpress presents, susceptibility to vandalism isn't remotely a good enough reason to abandon it. I have been using wordpress for over 10 years with only one incidence during that period.

The first key to building on a Wordpress platform is to work with the right hosting company. Secondly, keep your the software and your plugins updated constantly. This can be automated with a good hosting account. Thirdly, use the right security tools to protect your website.

•••
It's only an overkill for amateurs and dabblers. If you're trying to establish a serious domain business, that script you're recommending will simply not cut it.

Any good script or worthwhile website will be highly prone to attacks. Considering the vast capabilities and SEO benefits wordpress presents, susceptibility to vandalism isn't remotely a good enough reason to abandon it. I have been using wordpress for over 10 years with only one incidence during that period.

The first key to building on a Wordpress platform is to work with the right hosting company. Secondly, keep your the software and your plugins updated constantly. This can be automated with a good hosting account. Thirdly, use the right security tools to protect your website.
Just one review: https://www.zdnet.com/article/wordpress-accounted-for-90-percent-of-all-hacked-cms-sites-in-2018/

There are many of such reviews. From seasoned developers.

You are free to ignore.

Last edited:
•••
Just one review: https://www.zdnet.com/article/wordpress-accounted-for-90-percent-of-all-hacked-cms-sites-in-2018/

There are many of such reviews. From seasoned developers.

You are free to ignore.

Reading comprehension is fundamental. Here's an excerpt from the article you're using to discredit wordpress:
Sucuri experts blamed most of the hacks on vulnerabilities in plugins and themes, misconfiguration issues, and a lack of maintenance by webmasters, who often forgot to update their CMS, themes, and plugins.

Experts said that only 56 percent of the sites they investigated were running an up-to-date CMS at the time they were called in to remediate a hack.

It is not insinuated anywhere in that article that the frequency of hacks is attributable to the integrity of the software. As the excerpt above supports, the vast majority of the successful attempts were a direct result of the laziness of irresponsible wordpress users. As I mentioned early, a lot of the maintenance work can be automated.

•••
My apologies for the delay in responding.

The solution I highly recommend is:
Wordpress + woocommerce shopping cart plugin + Paypal or/and Escrow.com plugin

All these are free, opensource solutions that be can be set up and configured in a matter of hours without any programming skills. There are several Wordpress/Woocommerce templates, both free and paid, you can use to beautify your presentation.

You can either set it up as a catalog with a link from each of your listing page to a corresponding landing page on one of the marketplaces, or have them check out directly using your payment facilities. Of course, you will have to handle customer service and all the other 'pleasures' that come with running a shop in the second scenario.

This is just a start to getting you up and running quickly. What I like most about this solution is that it has a large community of users that provided solutions to extend your shop features in just about any way you can imagine.

I hope this helps.

That is what i was saying .. I love wordpress no matter what others think :)

•••
•••
•••
I have a folio trader site set up on Rareium.com. Now, it's a good script - but you need to:

1. have very few domains - and manage them manually.

2. be techy enough to play in the database.

Everything about the script works, and works the way it should. (or as described). The developer is responsive, when you have support paid for - but the comment will give you just as much info.

The challenge comes, with this script, when you need to make bulk changes. It allows for bulk importing - only - and doesn't even do a duplicate check. So, file 2 doesn't change anything it loads copies. The only way to make mass changes *easily) is to take that same file and load it directly to the DB.

From a support point of view - I think the dev will sell you the code? but really, there isn't much support needed on it.

Happy to try and answer any questions - if I can. If you want to see anything in particular, let me know as well/

•••

Last edited:
•••
I have developed own marketplace

Features -
*Auto generate domain landers with ssl
*Bulk domains import
*Payment options integrated (cryptocurrency payment,escrow.com,paypal)
*Multiple buying options links on page (Dan.com,Daaz.com,Uniregistry.com,Afternic.com)
*Tracked in single analytics account

Demo -
Marketplace - https://nameshop.org

Domain landers -
https://surveyminds.com/
https://weedhot.com/
https://olyoly.com/

It looks pretty good, is it custom development or is it using one of the known platforms?
Do you mind sharing the admin dashboard/panel?

•••
It looks pretty good, is it custom development or is it using one of the known platforms?
Do you mind sharing the admin dashboard/panel?
Its built on Wordpress / Woocommerce - Yozi Theme

•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
not much but this is free and can list 3rd party domains too :)

•••
Not exactly.. wordpress is fast by default .. plugins and modules make it slower

and again you can optimise it any time

well actually you can use a simple woocommerce script to use it as a market place

I have to agree with you. I was lazy, so I decide to go online hosted option and it was complete disaster. I just left, even my membership was paid, and making my own site now with WP. It's not perfect yet, but I don't feel like my hands are tie down some crappy online service.

•••
My apologies for the delay in responding.

The solution I highly recommend is:
Wordpress + woocommerce shopping cart plugin + Paypal or/and Escrow.com plugin

All these are free, opensource solutions that be can be set up and configured in a matter of hours without any programming skills. There are several Wordpress/Woocommerce templates, both free and paid, you can use to beautify your presentation.

You can either set it up as a catalog with a link from each of your listing page to a corresponding landing page on one of the marketplaces, or have them check out directly using your payment facilities. Of course, you will have to handle customer service and all the other 'pleasures' that come with running a shop in the second scenario.

This is just a start to getting you up and running quickly. What I like most about this solution is that it has a large community of users that provided solutions to extend your shop features in just about any way you can imagine.

I hope this helps.

I just setup my site with check in option (not my favor), I like your suggestion to set up as catalog, unfortunately didn't find out how yet ;) I don't need payment module etc.

•••
This Folio.Trader script looks promising. But what happens when the author stops supporting it. Will he unlock it so that it will continue to work in the future. I think it is a pretty good basis to work with. It's not perfect. But then rarely is anything ever perfect.

I'm still waiting for @BrandAptly.com to respond to this thread. He seemed to imply there might be quite a few other scripts/programs that might also perform these functions.

Yes, it does. Might be good solution for less the 100 domains, but I red (in the past) that the script had some security issue, so choose not to go with it then (believe it was in 2017-8).

•••
14 days later, I just setup my site and it's running (with a twist) ;)
Using WP and plugins. Not perfect, but it's my child so I love it anyway. I had to rush it, as I left DNhat, but will get back on it later on. I am exhausted now.

•••
14 days later, I just setup my site and it's running (with a twist) ;)
Using WP and plugins. Not perfect, but it's my child so I love it anyway. I had to rush it, as I left DNhat, but will get back on it later on. I am exhausted now.

Thanks.
Can you share the site plus which wp theme and plugins used to achieve it?

•••
Thanks.
Can you share the site plus which wp theme and plugins used to achieve it?

domainsmeca.com
WP - Envo Storefront + Woocomerce plugin and lot of work, it depends how many domains you have ;)

Have fun

•••
I have a folio trader site set up on Rareium.com. Now, it's a good script - but you need to:

1. have very few domains - and manage them manually.

2. be techy enough to play in the database.

Everything about the script works, and works the way it should. (or as described). The developer is responsive, when you have support paid for - but the comment will give you just as much info.

The challenge comes, with this script, when you need to make bulk changes. It allows for bulk importing - only - and doesn't even do a duplicate check. So, file 2 doesn't change anything it loads copies. The only way to make mass changes *easily) is to take that same file and load it directly to the DB.

From a support point of view - I think the dev will sell you the code? but really, there isn't much support needed on it.

Happy to try and answer any questions - if I can. If you want to see anything in particular, let me know as well/

Agreed.
Every piece of function works but not working efficiency. Bulk edit is nearly impossible.

Anyway, If you guys looking for a simple solution to upload all your domains with Price + simple button links into your Wordpress woocommerce store to let buyer purchase your domains from DAN / EPIK.

Check this out.

https://domainsoftwares.com/2020/07/12/syncnames-product-spotlight-create-your-domain-selling-store/

woo13.png

Last edited:
•••
You can try DNHat. It has all the features you described. And even many more.
Here is the link: https://dnhat.com

Whatever your final choice, My advice:
Stay away from anything Wordpress. It's an overkill for handling domain portfolio.
Besides, Wordpress sites are highly prone to attacks and hacking ( https://www.zdnet.com/article/wordpress-accounted-for-90-percent-of-all-hacked-cms-sites-in-2018/ ) - how do you handle that?

I can attest to that review, 'cos everyday we witness wordpress hacking attempts, analyzing our server access logs. Better safe than sorry.
Exactly what is happening all the time.

•••
I can see that every day, but if you have good security plugin, then you should be fine. Plus good backup (on cloud)! So far it's holding and having fun.. ;)

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back