Dynadot

.tv Any Advice? About .TV Thanks NamePros!!

NameSilo
Watch

davin riera

Upgraded Member
Impact
Namepros Has been a huge help.. So many members are willing to help.. Thank you!!! Most of the .tv posts are old

where I can get some advice...????
I am new at buying and selling domains. I have been trying to learn from posts watching sales and research myself. I find all kind of different Valuation sites and services. so many say such different things on the same domains.
I own around 200 domains and want to discuss with someone direction of investing and would like someone to give me an accurate valuation on my portfolio?
I picked these up last year. Some off expired lists and some new. I kind of did it on a whim and a huntch. First off was I wrong? is anything here worth holding onto?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Davin

issue.tv
brazilnews.tv
australianews.tv
italiannews.tv
newzealandnews.tv
indexnews.tv
stocksnews.tv
worldnews247.tv
worldnews365.tv
news123.tv
123hd.tv
clientservices.tv
movie123.tv
movies123.tv
nyfd.tv
247365.tv
838838.tv
888800.tv

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namepros does have a .TV subforum though it is not as active as it once was - probably because .TV sales are lukewarm and sporadic. Selling anything other than .COM is a real challenge. Yes, occasionally someone will report a big dollar sale and you will see occasional sales on DNJournal. But those $28 to $30 renewals get expensive very quickly and those four figure sales seem to almost never come my way. Keep in mind that the keywords you select really need to make sense with a video-oriented site because now with hundreds of new TLDs a .TV domain is merely another non-.COM extension. Why is someone going to pay a premium price for keyword .TV when they could buy that same keyword in .info or a new TLD? Meanwhile your renewals are probably higher than some of the new TLDs. Of the names you listed above I would recommend you not renew them. I have done some marketing of .TV domains to individuals with Youtube channels but social media users quite often consider an internet presence as something which should be free - not something which costs $XXXX. If you decide to develop a video channel you might find Animoto a useful tool.

•••
•••
i'd drop all those 2-word and numeric names. they have no value.
i doubt you ever had offers on them, nor do i think you will ever have any...
would only keep issue.tv, its not bad, plural is a registry premium $800+ regfee name

•••
•••
I do like 247365.tv and is the only one I would keep.

It's 100% true brand identity type domain with memorability etc. It's the best one there by some margin, imho.

•••
•••
Sorry but there is nothing I'd pick for reg fee.
.tv do sell but .tv is not .com and you need good single keyword or very good double keyword to make a sale.
Consider that, even if you've regged them with the 10$ pricing, you've spent around 2K for them while you could have bought one 2K name or two 1K name. Doing this you can buy a good name and keep the renewal low and can afford to wait for the right buyer.

•••
I do like these in your list...

issue.tv
brazilnews.tv
newzealandnews.tv
indexnews.tv
stocksnews.tv (not sure about the "stocks" being plural before News, sounds a little weird maybe not this one)
nyfd.tv

These 5/6 would be about $150 a year in total to renew. Not bad, considering one of these could be a $X,XXX sale one day.

All of those other domains in your list I have no idea about. I personally do not see any value in those others. I know there are lots of people buying domains geared towards the Chinese investors. Those with random numbers and random letters that combined together make no sense to me at all, but then again that hasn't and will never be my thing.

Good Luck to you,
Vito

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back