• Bidder 5 ( 100% | $3.73K )
    $6
    5 days ago

• Bidder 5 ( 100% | $3.73K )
    $1
    5 days ago

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How about this one?
https://flippa.com/9086996-twittfr-com
A mis-spelled domain, listed as a website (where there isn't actually a website), then a "new" account bids it up to $198?

Its gone way higher. And I thought typos were way out of vogue with google spelling correction. A typo of twitter for $1000.? Now by a new bidder. Maybe instead its for site about a twitt in FRance. Cheaper probably to buy Twitt.FR

•••
This is Rob From Name Trends

There is no Schilling on our listing for Slurs.com

The bids are legit

We have had a long and good relationship with Flippa

Yes we had this listing on Namepros

And had offers initially

We decided to list the name in other venues

Thanks

•••

Thanks for clarifying Rob.

As we only see bidder numbers, you the seller are privy to Flippa ID. Without knowing the ID it's hard for an outsider to fully tell what's going on. I think @offthehandle just found the bidding spree (of the member with $11.9k in sales) suspicious and wanted to alert Flippa.I don't think the suspicioun derives from your bidder trying to bid enough to hit reserve, but from a bidding spree on other domains. Really though it could be a legit buyer.

For the record, I don't believe you are doing anything wrong and thank you for being quick to comment. If that bidder is doing something wrong, I think its safe to assume you are not involved.

@FlippaDomains - If we email suspicious bidding, can you tell us what happens next / timeline? I think some like to post on NP rather than email because NP keeps Flippa publicly accountable, and some are unsure of the timeline and accountability if these concerns were handled by Flippa email. It would be great if you designated a rep to handle this. IDK full story, but I can't help but think if Kevin was still with Flippa, the community would be more confident their concerns are getting addressed.

Last edited:
•••
Sure I will keep an eye on any suspicious bidding

And let the forum know

Thanks

•••
Its gone way higher. And I thought typos were way out of vogue with google spelling correction. A typo of twitter for $1000.? Now by a new bidder. Maybe instead its for site about a twitt in FRance. Cheaper probably to buy Twitt.FR

Could the bidders be hoping to win this domain to monetize? Could Flippa or the seller get in trouble for selling this domain as a typo domain with 2,000 unique per day? I feel if this domain fell into some wrong hands, people trying to go to Twitter.com night find them selves victims to phishing, malware, or a number of other concerns.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171004-163453.jpg
    Screenshot_20171004-163453.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 14
•••
@Grilled twittfr.com in the wrong hands - love it!

Could there be a more obvious case of schill bidding? Does Flippa shut it down or wait for it to sell to get their commission?

•••

Do you mean Frank Schilling? Or Shill bidding?

If the bidder is identified as Bidder 1 I assume it's the same guy re-bidding over and over? This is very confusing on why it looks strange.

•••
In these instances, the bidder is making use of proxy bids, which will always bid up to their max if it is under the reserve price. The bidders were unaware of the reserve, therefore, they kept adding proxy bids as they were repeatedly maxed out. I understand how this may look dodgy, but in most instances, it is not. Our marketplace integrity team is scouring our marketplace around the clock for suspicious activity to keep our users safe.

•••
An update on my Auction for Slurs.com

The person who was trying to reach Reserve Price by placing multiple bids

Has won the Auction

Thanks

•••
An update on my Auction for Slurs.com

The person who was trying to reach Reserve Price by placing multiple bids

Has won the Auction

Thanks
Congrats, appreciate the follow up from you as a seller to confirm the platform is working properly. Thats great news.

•••
•••
@Name Trends I'm not sure I understand your question. You negotiated a sale price with the buyer post auction and the transaction appears to be going smoothly. At this point, the buyer is in the process of the domain transfer. If you need specific help with a transaction please open a ticket with Flippa support.

•••
The transfer is under way at this moment

Payment has been paid through Flippa Escrow

Thanks

•••
What do you guys think of this $3,600 non-reserve hitting bid for ROYY.com?

https://flippa.com/auctions/9086864/bids

I don't follow 4L too close, but this seems way, way above what any domainer would want to pay, no?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back