• Bidder 5 ( 100% | $3.73K )
    $6
    5 days ago

• Bidder 5 ( 100% | $3.73K )
    $1
    5 days ago

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nothing new. Sad to see it happening but nothing can prevent it.

•••
lol.... Flippa is dead already

•••
I really feel sad for Flippa. It has a great website interface. It seems the only problem they have is the shill bidding. I hope they fix that issue (and other issues if there are others) real soon before their website becomes abandoned. If they organize their website and do their best to prevent shill bidding, I am sure it can easily compete with NameJet.

•••
Of the 100 "ending soon" domains currently listed, only 20 have bids - with only 6 of those meeting the reserve. I wonder if Flippa can survive on just the $9 listing fees ...

•••
Flippa needs to get on here and acknowledge these shill bidding practicing. What's their namepros username??

•••
Although they may not respond ... @FlippaDomains should at least see this thread.

•••
•••
I too faced the issue recently I listed on flippa and waited for 30 days long for auction to finish but the Winner never respond to me back . I complaint to Flippa and they Banned him . Even if you open a dispute you have to wait for 3 days . But I still prefer Flippa . @LarryDomain hope flippa solve your issue ASAP.

Last edited:
•••
I like flippa as my best market place especially for my tech names despite the fact that some people might have gone a head spoiling the market if really they are shill bidding

•••
I agree a 100% with the presence of shill bidding at flippa. But who said on NJ there is no shill bidding? It's just that at NJ it's more professionally applied, at least on flippant you can easily spot it but on NJ its almost imposssible.

•••
Last edited:
•••
@Radu054 What happen to flippa???? this is a joke. Still the bidder is new be care full . communicate with him you will know is he serious bidder or not .

Last edited:
•••
@Mohammed Azheruddin , that is not my auction. Maybe the seller kept a reserve and the new guy bid and bid until he met the reserve, you're right.

I was just looking over the most active listings and saw this one that I find unusual :)

Last edited:
•••
There's no excuse for this. If they are going to make a most active list, at least only recognize bids only from multiple bidders. A single bidder shouldn't be able to drive the auction to the top of the list based on small incremental increases. That has shill bidder all over it also.

https://flippa.com/auctions/8949818/bids

check this one, interesting how there is just one bidder and it is in the first 10 most active.

•••
•••
https://flippa.com/auctions/9057034/bids

No reserve auction as the description says but it has 26 bids from the same bidder and it is on the first page on the most active. It doesn't feel right considering that it's not a good domain name.

@FlippaDomains, could you take a look at this auction? Thanks

•••
Good catch ... I could see maybe somebody bidding it up to see what the reserve was, but this is listed as a NO RESERVE auction!

•••
•••
Since shillgate, on flippa it seems quite a few of these promoted high $$$ value auctions, have whois privacy concealing the owner, and they are 5 figure prices. Then those types of names are being listed by flippa brokers, to obscure the owner. Why? What is attempting to be hidden? Very suspicious, then those auctions have 10 bidders, all are new accounts with no previous history. The auction does not meet reserve, then gets relisted in the same manner. Its entertaining I guess.

•••
@Flippa your system sucks. Why would you allow a bidder to bid up a price if the auction is No reserve?? Shillgate all the way! Let's find all suspicious activities and post to this thread. It'll grab some attention when more incidents are posted. Good find!

•••
Appears to be same bidder (100%, $11.9K) on all these, is it a bot?? Entertain.com, Slurs.com, LAAT.com, Baseball.net, Cousins.com, Editors.com, Pranked.com

•••
•••
•••
Not surprise. Bad people will continue to break the rules. The sad part, Flippa slow to react on this event.

I don’t do business with them for years.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back