Dynadot

security Another potential scam email - Any thoughts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

toughdomains

Top Member
Impact
I just received this email...but before I did they emailed me at the whois email to make sure it was the correct email...anyone else get this? this is my favorite line...
"He is a professional investor and cannot afford to lose the money and domain and will send you the funds only after you send him the certificate from the independent agency that certifies for Korea"

Dothome Korea <[email protected]>
6:13 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

My name is Kim Kwang Lee. I work for DotHome - one of the leading hosting providers in Korea.

I act on the behalf of our VIP client (domain investor) and will help you to sell your domain. The buyer purchases several domains to generate traffic to his new web project.If you need faster response please contact me in Telegram. My user name in Telegram: DNBroker (@dnbroker).

Our commission is only 6 %. The commission is divided between you (3%) and the buyer (3%) and paid after you get the money.

The buyer offers $49000 in bitcoins or $47500 via Paypal.

The payment to you will be made via escrow service to protect both parties during the transaction. You will get 50% before the domain transfer and 50% after.

To proceed with the sale, the bank of the buyer requires a certificate of compliance with Korean law and trademarks because he will run his startup in South Korea. Please don't worry. If you don't have it you can order it online. I will help you with instructions and will not leave you along with this.

According to his country law the domain holder may lose domain if it has trademark conflicts or other legal. He is a professional investor and cannot afford to lose the money and domain and will send you the funds only after you send him the certificate from the independent agency that certifies for Korea. I hope you understand it.

The certification must include the following:

- Certification of compliance with Korean law and trademarks.
- The certificate must be up to date (issued during last 30 days).
- Official copy of the certificate in Korean.
- The certification agency must be authorized by the buyer and his bank.

We asked him if GoDaddy, Sedo or Authorise One Inc. (popular in Japan and Korea) appraisal certificates will work for him. Now we are awaiting for his answer.
cleardot.gif

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Variation of the scam, luckily I don't see these they go to junk folder and die.

•••
dothome -co- kr .info (What a poor domain)

Website blocked due to a Trojan
Your Malwarebytes Premium blocked this website because it may contain a Trojan.

We strongly recommend you do not continue.

Nothing more to say

•••
....will send you the funds only after you send him the certificate from the independent agency that certifies for Korea"
cleardot.gif

Danger, Will Robinson ! Danger !
yGBFuRl.gif

•••
•••
•••
•••
More inventive than most. But should suffer the same fate as the rest. Junk mail.

•••
same email

My name is Eun Jung Yoon. I work for DotHome - one of the leading hosting providers in South Korea.

I act on the behalf of our VIP client (domain investor) and will help you to sell your domain. The buyer purchases several domains to generate traffic to his new web project.If you need faster response please contact me in Telegram. My user name in Telegram: DNBroker (@dnbroker). Our commission is only 6 %. The commission is divided between you (3%) and the buyer (3%) and paid after you get the money.

The buyer offers $20000 USD in Litecoins or $18000 via International wire transfer/Western Union.

The payment to you will be made via escrow service to protect both parties during the transaction. You will get 50% before the domain transfer and 50% after.

To proceed with the sale, the bank of the buyer requires a verification of compliance with Korean law and trademarks because he will run his startup in South Korea. Please don't worry. If you don't have it you can order it online. I will help you with instructions and will not leave you along with this.

According to his country law the domain holder may lose domain if it has trademark conflicts or other legal restrictions. He is a professional investor and cannot afford to lose the money and domain and will send you the funds only after you send him a verification from an independent agency that make legal verification in Korea. I hope you understand it.

The verification must include the following:

- The certification agency must be certified to verify domains in South Korea.
- Verification of compliance with Korean law and trademarks.
- The certificate must be up to date (issued during last 30 days).
- Official copy of the verification in English and Korean.
- The certification agency must be authorized by the buyer and his bank.

We asked him if GoDaddy or Sedo appraisal certificates will work as a verification for him. I'm not sure they have a license to verify domains in Korea. Now we are awaiting for his answer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back