Dynadot

Another major sale

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Seems gold.co.uk sold yesterday for 42,050 GBP (appr. $63,800) which makes it (depending on the exchange rate) one of the top 20 reported sales so far this year.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Link? :blink:

Who was the buyer, and what are their specific development (and promotion) plans? :gl:
Thanks much,
Jeff B-)

•••
Love to see signs that the domain industry is recovering!!

•••
•••
Great domain and a reasonable sale. Could have gone for more in better times but someone got a good deal. :imho:

•••
mobilephones.co.uk £91,500 = $137,881 (sedo)

Closed on the 11/03/10 so may have not been paid for yet

•••
Great domain and a reasonable sale. Could have gone for more in better times but someone got a good deal. :imho:

Actually I agree that it should have gone for more BECAUSE of the recession. Gold has become a hot commodity sold by shills on tv comnercials all over the place as a "safe way" to diversify investments.

•••
Somebody got a bargain on both those sales.

•••
I would have held onto those TBH. Not the right time to sell a real premium like that. .co.uk is a very high quality ccTLD and with the keyword GOLD, I would not have sold for anything less than xxx'xxx value.

Somebody definitely got a HUGE bargain there

•••
As well sold on March 11/Sedo:

weddinggift.com + weddinggifts.com $160,000
musicvideos.com $250,000

The local UK search volume for "gold" is bigger than the global for "wedding gift" and "wedding gifts" combined, btw.

•••
I would have held onto those TBH. Not the right time to sell a real premium like that. .co.uk is a very high quality ccTLD and with the keyword GOLD, I would not have sold for anything less than xxx'xxx value.

Somebody definitely got a HUGE bargain there

Agreed, those names went for cheap IMO

•••
Venue was Sedo.

^ Ah, thanks kindly ... let's all keep our eyes on it to see who the buyer is/was, and what their specific development and promotional plans are going to be for the site! :gl: :imho:

Best regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
Gold.co.uk - Gold UK Domain

^ Ah, thanks kindly ... let's all keep our eyes on it to see who the buyer is/was, and what their specific development and promotional plans are going to be for the site! :gl: :imho:

Best regards,
Jeff B-)

I believe the buyer was me :)

Thanks guys for all the positive comments - It's a great feeling knowing you made the right decision when so many others are also agreeing it was a bargain too - I done everything in my power to stop it from going into auction, otherwise it would have sold for a great deal more I'm sure.

Take care,
BG

•••
^ Congrats, BG! :tu:

Should we soon be looking ... for its development and promotions (if you can share)? :talk: :lala:
Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

•••
It really worth the gold! But its also need develop sites

•••
I believe the buyer was me :)

Thanks guys for all the positive comments - It's a great feeling knowing you made the right decision when so many others are also agreeing it was a bargain too - I done everything in my power to stop it from going into auction, otherwise it would have sold for a great deal more I'm sure.

Take care,
BG

Nice one, good luck with the project. I think you are right, auction or waiting another year would see at least double the price. :wave:

•••
I used to go to MusicVideos.com | Music Videos | Hip Hop Music Video | World Music Music | Live Music Band years back lol But youtube exists so...

As well sold on March 11/Sedo:

weddinggift.com + weddinggifts.com $160,000
musicvideos.com $250,000

The local UK search volume for "gold" is bigger than the global for "wedding gift" and "wedding gifts" combined, btw.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

But yeah, I find it hard to believe gold.co.uk didn't fetch at the LEAST $100,000 US. This was a start buy. Even with no development in mind, you could resell this for many multiples of your buying price given a year or 2.

•••
Dolcevita .com just fetched $120,000, Sedo too.

•••
And plenty.at 17,850 Euros (about $24,000) - quite remarkable for the Austrian TLD.

•••
Pakistan.de seems to have sold for 65,450 EUR (about $88K)

•••
Pakistan.de seems to have sold for 65,450 EUR (about $88K)

Where was it sold? Can you share more information please?

Thanks!

•••
It just appeared on Sedo´s front page / recent sales. As well as Kobo.org for $10,000.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes, they just closed duiattorney.org at $35,000 , too. The domain name market does not seem to be too bad, recently.

•••
Another uk: debtrecovery.co.uk 10,500 GBP (appr. $15,500) / Sedo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back