Domain Empire

Another DirectI Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raf

Established Member
Impact
I have recently decided to switch to DirectI as my domain name registration supplier, however I am having some trouble deciding on what interface I should use for the domain registration for customers. I have purchased a script called Whois.Cart() which allows domain registrations via DirectI with their API structure. The only problem I have is if users are able to edit aspects of their domain within the Whois.Cart() system for example. If that is not possible I am thinking about using the domain registration that DirectI provides, the thing is what do you change your name servers to for the domain? They provide you with four name servers, however do you enter all 4 for the name servers or only two? If someone is able to help me out I would greatly appreciate it, I'm just full of questions today as you can see. B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These questions can best be addressed at the Directi Forum. You may be surprised at what you read there.

•••
Oh thanks for sharing that link acts837, I never knew about that.

•••
I also suggest getting a sub reseller from a current DirectI Reseller or Partner otherwise you will have to make deposits or register hundreds of domains to get good pricing.

•••
Originally posted by NH-Benjamin
I also suggest getting a sub reseller from a current DirectI Reseller or Partner otherwise you will have to make deposits or register hundreds of domains to get good pricing.

He does not need to, hes got whoiscart. Through whoiscart client section he will be able to sign up( maybe he already did ) with Directi for free. ( $6.75 registration ) ( $6.49 transfer ).

•••
have u solved the problem? :)

•••
Errr... how much do you need to deposit into a directi reseller account? I have a $6.89 account and was wondering if I could put in $7 or something.

•••
i think its somewhere around $25

•••
Yeah I already registered through the DirectI offer available from Whois.Cart(), but Whois.Cart() only allows the user to register the domin, not set the name servers for that domain right?

•••
Originally posted by Raf
Yeah I already registered through the DirectI offer available from Whois.Cart(), but Whois.Cart() only allows the user to register the domin, not set the name servers for that domain right?

Wrong. You can set the default in your reseller CP if I am not mistaken and then any new domain will take on those nameservers as default.

•••
Right, you can set the default. (remeber whois cart is meant to be used for a hosting company). They said the mangament is disabled for directi as the API was too buggy last time they tested.

•••
Oh okay, thanks. Then I have all the questions I want answered. Thanks everybody. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back