Dynadot

.tv Angel Investors Pour Money into .TV Domains

NameSilo
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
According to one Chinese domainer Weng Chaojun’s news, a LL.TV domain, qc.tv went for six-figure fee in an auction and the buyer is an angel investor.

Qc.tv was sold in a .TV auction, with the final price of CNY 160,000.

This domain name was registered in May 2001, with a lot of meanings like 汽车Qi Che: car, 青春Qing Chun: youth, 前程 Qian Cheng: career, 钱财Qian Cai: money, 雀巢Que Chao: Nestle, 求财Qiu Cai: make fortune and so on, and it is applicable to build cars, recruitment, finance, ecommerce business and many other industries websites.

Alibaba Group spent 4.5 billion dollars on buying Tudou(tudou.com) and Youku(youku.com). iqiyi(iqiyi.com) privatization cost $2.8 billion according to Baidu Robin Li’s words. LeTV is evaluated more than billions. Behind these tremendous capitals, it indicates huge Chinese market and the rapid development of video industry. Under this market environment, many investors increasingly pay more attention to .TV domains, leading .TV domains price rise in recent years.

A few days ago it is reported another Chinese investor purchased 2.TV at a price about CNY 800,000. According to domainers’ experience, LL.TV domains are sold in general at about five- figure fee before, however nowadays if it is a premium domain, it could be sold at six figures. LLL.TV names which are sold CNY 900 before now double their prices. Some good names are raised even several times of the previous prices.

Indeed, the end-users’ domain applications give investors who are optimistic about .TV names great confidence. In some investors’ opinion, the buyer is very lucky to buy this domain since they think six figures fee is really cheap for qc.tv.

resource: http://www.admin5.com/article/20160218/647624.shtml

Declaration: this is an informative article that do not represent official investing advice, with no intend in misleading readers. Please be open-minded and objective. Welcome varied discussion below. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can confirm one thing, the Chinese "investors" on NP's are looking to pay below reseller prices.

Only time wasters so far, but I guess they are finding sellers which does not help on pricing.

•••
Thanks for an informative post.

I have U-S(dot)tv, which may mean more to a website developer in the United States. But if you know anyone interested in this domain, please PM me. Thanks.

•••
Good read. But I prefer .mobi over .tv

Mobile users are growing in rapid paste, and people are now watching shows and videos more frequently on tablets, mobile phones than on TV. So .mobi is the black horse upcoming.
mm...
You can't go on a .TV with your TV.

But you can stream tv shows on a .TV :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back