IT.COM

.tv And to make matters worse... dotster dropping .tv?

NameSilo
Watch
On dotster, whatever .tv you are looking for is "unavailable", such as "allanwasgoingtobuythisbutnowhecant.tv" is taken...

"43tunregree224.tv" is taken...

Can't be... I hope the domain monkeys are just messing around with the system a little bit too much today...

-Allan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm thinking tv (in addition to .cc) is undergoing some changes possibly?

•••
dgridley said:

Seems to be... registerfly, dotster, godaddy, all are unavailable to register .cc's or .tv's...

I'm hoping this will be good news somehow...

-Allan

•••
Yeah, like a "get 25 free for the first year" promo ;)

IAmAllanShore said:
Seems to be... registerfly, dotster, godaddy, all are unavailable to register .cc's or .tv's...

-Allan

•••
dgridley said:
Yeah, like a "get 25 free for the first year" promo ;)

IAmAllanShore said:

-Allan
oh not that again!

•••
and .bz is not available for seanmccann233423234342343356756.tv

•••
Were any of these verisign related domain changes known about in advance? It seems that anything versign specific (except .com and .net), such as .bz, .cc, .tv are all now not available at other registrars and not available on the main pages (such as enic.cc for example). I can't even get whois info from Networksolutions.com for my .cc names.

Any idea this was coming, or what this "update" is all about? Is it a good thing?

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
"allanwasgoingtobuythisbutnowhecant.tv" is taken...
"43tunregree224.tv" is taken...
Oh, I just registered those two yesterday :p :lol: jk

•••
jroy said:
Oh, I just registered those two yesterday :p :lol: jk
:lol:

•••
dgridley said:

Yup, Dave the 12/14/04 announced changes were to be to .cc, .tv, and .bz domains!!

Frank

•••
knarfmusik said:
Yup, Dave the 12/14/04 announced changes were to be to .cc, .tv, and .bz domains!!

Frank

I'm just saying it would have been nice for all of our respective registrars to have warned us about these specific problems.

-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
I'm just saying it would have been nice for all of our respective registrars to have warned us about these specific problems.

-Allan

I don't think they realized exactly what changes they were going to have to make , either!! Apparently, this is true, since none of them did give any notice, other than the biggy, www.Verisign.com

Frank

Last edited:
•••
IAmAllanShore said:
it would have been nice for all of our respective registrars to have warned us about these specific problems.

LOL

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back