NameSilo

discuss Anatomy of a Hang Reg

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I've been advised by old time domainers not to hand register domains. I still don't know why, but every single one of my 1,500 plus domains have been hand registered. While I agree it's unlikely I'd hand register a domain for $10 today and turnaround and sell it for 10K tomorrow, I do believe it's entirely possible to hand register a domain today and reap the big bucks down the road.

For example...today I was driving home and hear on the radio an add for a Crab Feast in my area. In the add, when someone was asked if they were going to the crab feast, their comment was ShellYeah! So I'm thinking, when I get home I'm going to see if domains like ShellYea(.)com or ShellYeaSeafood(.)com was taken or even ShellYeaOysters(.).com. Of course if you haven't picked up that this is a play off the slang term "HellYea" you may never understand:xf.confused:. So then I'm thinking, how might this domain sound as the name for a national Seafood Restaurant like Red Lobster or Bonefish Grill or Joes Crab Shack? So I get home and start researching names via Go Daddy's domain Appraisal link. And because the words, "Yeah", "Yea" and "Yeh" can match up with Shell and Hell, I do some more research via Google for the match up. It turns out that the correct grammer word(s) to go with Shell are "Yes" and "Yeah" with "Yeh" being a variation of "Yeah". And since the pronunciation for the word "Yea" is actually "Yay", I eliminated it.

So it turns out ShellYes(.)com and ShellYeah(.)com are both premium domains and were taken:xf.frown:, but ShellYeh(.)com was available. I'm aware that "Yeh" is less formal than "Yes" and "Yeah", but my thinking is, since eating any kind of shell fish (oysters, clams, crabs etc) is "hands on dining".....ShellYeh:hungry:com might be a great name for Seafood Restaurant specializing in shellfish.

My point is, hand registering domains may not be the answer for some domainers, but I think it can work fine for those who put a little thought into it. Thanks

btw, ShellYeh! appraises for $893 at GD, $2,190 at Freevaluator and $4,432 at Notka domains...go figure:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I did, you invest in all kinds of extensions, I'm sure they're available in many of them. As far as trouble reading, tackle my other post. I'm curious how you sell domains in the 1970's.

Don't you know he is such a trend setter that he is not constrained by the laws of reality.

Brad

•••
Nick...in all due respect...do they teach anything about sales and marketing in the UK? It's not a hard concept you know?

Kate...most of this crap started with you falsely accusing me of cyber squatting...and the FACT that you never apologized still sticks in my crawl. How in the world do you get "eh" out of "yeah" Google both and listen how they're pronounced.

Regardless...this thread was started to share the anatomy of a hand reg. Do you know what that means? Have you ever hand reg'd a domain or do you just criticize others that do. No wonder this industry has such a bad name:xf.grin:
I have been in sales for a long time, both in the UK and across Europe, I do not need or feel inclined to debate with you about selling techniques across multiple borders.

My post (and everyone else's) was about the domain market...........good luck with it, I'm going to bed :xf.wink:

•••
So far, his thread has had a little bit of everything in it (just about). To that end, I'll add another comment that's farther out than the stratosphere, but (somehow) still in our same solar system.
Bottom line: it's either yeah or eh.

That made me think of the last name of a former coworker of mine. Even though it was mentioned a few times before, "Yeh" caught my eye. That was my coworker's last name. It was pronounced "/yee/," though. :playful:
jupiter.png

Last edited:
•••
I did, you invest in all kinds of extensions, I'm sure they're available in many of them. As far as trouble reading, tackle my other post. I'm curious how you sell domains in the 1970's.
Johnnie...if you or your buddy Brad want to know any more details about me and my business experience I'd recommend you either send me a PM or
So far, his thread has had a little bit of everything in it (just about). To that end, I'll add another comment that's farther out than the stratosphere, but (somehow) still in our same solar system.

That made me think of the last name of a former coworker of mine. Even though it was mentioned a few times before, "Yeh" caught my eye. That was my coworker's last name. It was pronounced "/yee/," though. :playful:

Thanks for that Bertrell. Here is the way "Yeh" is suppose to be pronounced;

ShellYeh(.)com:xf.grin: btw, I may never sell this domain, but if you go back to my first post you'll understand better the anatomy this domain. Every domain ever reg'd follows a slightly different domain DNA.....thus, no two domains are ever alike.:xf.wink:

•••
Johnnie...if you or your buddy Brad want to know any more details about me and my business experience I'd recommend you either send me a PM or

Thanks for that Bertrell. Here is the way "Yeh" is suppose to be pronounced;

ShellYeh(.)com:xf.grin: btw, I may never sell this domain, but if you go back to my first post you'll understand better the anatomy this domain. Every domain ever reg'd follows a slightly different domain DNA.....thus, no two domains are ever alike.:xf.wink:
I liked the video. How did you check the grammar like you said early in your thread?

To everyone:
Can we all act like the grown a** men and women we are and drop the baby boy middle schooler playgrond girls sarcasm and quips? (You'll feel yourselve come of age). If you don't like to domain ShellYeh.com then Shell out of here, but if you want to give OP help or commenting about it the feel free to comment. If you want to act like a school girl or weak school boy then please take your comments somewhere else such as the comments section on YouTube or on a famous persons Twitter feed. I'm sure you can read the news and figure out a good place to leave your sarcasm and quips. Thanks and Cheers! :xf.wink::xf.cool:

Domaineer1
(y)

Last edited:
•••
I'm still not positive if you are an expert troll or hopelessly lost, but I do know that these posts are entertaining AF, which, btw http://Entertaining.AF is available! I have High.AF, which makes reading about you all the better.

•••
I liked the video. How did you check the grammar like you said early in your thread?

To everyone:
Can we all act like the grown a** men and women we are and drop the baby boy middle schooler playgrond girls sarcasm and quips? (You'll feel yourselve come of age). If you don't like to domain ShellYeh.com then Shell out of here, but if you want to give OP help or commenting about it the feel free to comment. If you want to act like a school girl or weak school boy then please take your comments somewhere else such as the comments section on YouTube or on a famous persons Twitter feed. I'm sure you can read the news and figure out a good place to leave your sarcasm and quips. Thanks and Cheers! :xf.wink::xf.cool:

Domaineer1
(y)
Thanks for that Domaineer1....its not so much about the ShellYeh(.)com I hand reg'd, but about the way it came about. Many of the domains I reg are a result of hearing personal comments, listening to the radio and watching TV. Some of the domains I register are a result of names that pop into my head while I'm cutting grass, walking, swimming or just driving down the road. Today for example, I was driving and I drove up behind a car that had vanity license plates; N2VEGAS, I thought it to be pretty cool especially since a neighbor of mine has a vanity tag DuckN named after a famous local beach front bar and restaurant. Most of the N2xxxx.com domains I researched were sold, but I now have a list of about 20 N2xxxx domains that pretty cool if I want to register them.

I can handle the heat from the "haters", but I can't help but think there's another motive behind their madness. You would think I was steeling their money in some way? Otherwise, they wouldn't bother with me. Even my biggest critic Kate agrees I'm a trend setter...that must scare the h*ll out of them. What I do know is, they're not here to do me any favors:xf.rolleyes:

•••
No wonder 2L.rentals are "premium" domains, the renewal fees are $140

Bulloney is GoDaddy's favorite customer for a reason (y)

•••
Bottom line: it's either yeah or eh. Make up your mind.
Kate....you really need to check our the enunciation of "yeah", "yeh" and "eh"....I also want to thank you for everything you do for me personally and all the other NamePros members. I don't know what we'd do with out you(n)

•••
No wonder 2L.rentals are "premium" domains, the renewal fees are $140

Bulloney is GoDaddy's favorite customer for a reason (y)
Not when I reg'd it my friend...I seem to have friends in high places. You should get to know me:xf.wink:

•••
Not when I reg'd it my friend...I seem to have friends in high places. You should get to know me:xf.wink:
Maybe because he's talking about the renewal price and you are talking about the 1st year price? Or did GoDaddy give you a guaranteed renewal price in perpetuity?

•••
Thanks for that Domaineer1....its not so much about the ShellYeh(.)com I hand reg'd, but about the way it came about. Many of the domains I reg are a result of hearing personal comments, listening to the radio and watching TV. Some of the domains I register are a result of names that pop into my head while I'm cutting grass, walking, swimming or just driving down the road. Today for example, I was driving and I drove up behind a car that had vanity license plates; N2VEGAS, I thought it to be pretty cool especially since a neighbor of mine has a vanity tag DuckN named after a famous local beach front bar and restaurant. Most of the N2xxxx.com domains I researched were sold, but I now have a list of about 20 N2xxxx domains that pretty cool if I want to register them.

I can handle the heat from the "haters", but I can't help but think there's another motive behind their madness. You would think I was steeling their money in some way? Otherwise, they wouldn't bother with me. Even my biggest critic Kate agrees I'm a trend setter...that must scare the h*ll out of them. What I do know is, they're not here to do me any favors:xf.rolleyes:
OK, I'll bite. What is the significance of N2? I only see Nitrogen Gas and N2 publishing. What am I missing? Is the 2 for 'to'? And even if it is I still don't get it. Thanks for helping a slow dude out!

•••
What is the significance of N2?

While I'm pretty sure this is directed at @Bulloney, the gist of N2 (as it is being used here) is, it could be considered a shortened version of "into."

I remember a rap group from Vallejo, CA called N2Deep from long ago. Granted, I think they meant it as "in too."

That was one of the first things that popped N2 my head when I saw the usage in this thread.

Last edited:
•••
OK, I'll bite. What is the significance of N2? I only see Nitrogen Gas and N2 publishing. What am I missing? Is the 2 for 'to'? And even if it is I still don't get it. Thanks for helping a slow dude out!

I believe it is supposed to stand for "in to"

Sorry wasn't trying to duplicate post, I opened the screen and got distracted before posting.

Last edited:
•••
While I'm pretty sure this is directed at @Bulloney, the gist of N2 (as it is being used here) is, it could be considered a shortened version of "into."

I remember a rap group from Vallejo, CA called N2Deep from long ago. That was one of the first things that popped N2 my head when I saw the usage in this thread.
Thanks @Bertrell and @BGH150 . That makes sense. Seems a little lame to save 2 characters, but I'm far short of hip. I probably just don't see the N8 value.

•••
•••
N2 in internet slang means "in to" like SuperDude is "In to the Broncos" ie; N2Broncos(.)com Here's the skinny: https://www.acronymfinder.com/Slang/N2.html

•••
I've been advised by old time domainers not to hand register domains. I still don't know why, but every single one of my 1,500 plus domains have been hand registered. While I agree it's unlikely I'd hand register a domain for $10 today and turnaround and sell it for 10K tomorrow, I do believe it's entirely possible to hand register a domain today and reap the big bucks down the road.

For example...today I was driving home and hear on the radio an add for a Crab Feast in my area. In the add, when someone was asked if they were going to the crab feast, their comment was ShellYeah! So I'm thinking, when I get home I'm going to see if domains like ShellYea(.)com or ShellYeaSeafood(.)com was taken or even ShellYeaOysters(.).com. Of course if you haven't picked up that this is a play off the slang term "HellYea" you may never understand:xf.confused:. So then I'm thinking, how might this domain sound as the name for a national Seafood Restaurant like Red Lobster or Bonefish Grill or Joes Crab Shack? So I get home and start researching names via Go Daddy's domain Appraisal link. And because the words, "Yeah", "Yea" and "Yeh" can match up with Shell and Hell, I do some more research via Google for the match up. It turns out that the correct grammer word(s) to go with Shell are "Yes" and "Yeah" with "Yeh" being a variation of "Yeah". And since the pronunciation for the word "Yea" is actually "Yay", I eliminated it.

So it turns out ShellYes(.)com and ShellYeah(.)com are both premium domains and were taken:xf.frown:, but ShellYeh(.)com was available. I'm aware that "Yeh" is less formal than "Yes" and "Yeah", but my thinking is, since eating any kind of shell fish (oysters, clams, crabs etc) is "hands on dining".....ShellYeh:hungry:com might be a great name for Seafood Restaurant specializing in shellfish.

My point is, hand registering domains may not be the answer for some domainers, but I think it can work fine for those who put a little thought into it. Thanks

btw, ShellYeh! appraises for $893 at GD, $2,190 at Freevaluator and $4,432 at Notka domains...go figure:xf.wink:
You know; domainers pursuits differs greatly. Hand regged domains are fine for those domainers who knows the rudimentary of how to get them.
You can read about my weekly submissions on hand regs here

•••
You know; domainers pursuits differs greatly. Hand regged domains are fine for those domainers who knows the rudimentary of how to get them.
You can read about my weekly submissions on hand regs here
Thanks...i'm N2 a lot of things and like you, I'm N2Domaining where Nokta Domains appraises it for $4,438 and Estibot appraises it for "Zero". Give me a little time, and Bulloney will turn this industry on it's head much to the chagrin of the deplorable domainers:ROFL: Are you N2Trends? Have a Great Day!

•••
Stop what you're doing, investin.me or go to DNAcademy B-)

•••
Stop what you're doing, investin.me or go to DNAcademy B-)
Thanks, I'll take it under advisement:xf.rolleyes: Obviously you haven't seen my Million Dollar Domains:xf.grin:

•••
•••
Don't you know he is such a trend setter that he is not constrained by the laws of reality.

Brad
Speaking of trend setting, it's because I'm N2 Prayer that I'm the first one to hand reg Million Dollar Domains. I'm not sure if you picked up on that reality brad, but it does have some N8 Value.
Thanks for the publicity:xf.wink:

•••
I never heard about the word "yeh".

•••
btw, ShellYub.com appraises for $893 at GD, $2,190 at Freevaluator.
ShellYis.com is even better, valued at whopping $994.
But the best of them all is shelllll.com appraised by GD for $1,259!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back