Dynadot

discuss Anatomy of a Hang Reg

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I've been advised by old time domainers not to hand register domains. I still don't know why, but every single one of my 1,500 plus domains have been hand registered. While I agree it's unlikely I'd hand register a domain for $10 today and turnaround and sell it for 10K tomorrow, I do believe it's entirely possible to hand register a domain today and reap the big bucks down the road.

For example...today I was driving home and hear on the radio an add for a Crab Feast in my area. In the add, when someone was asked if they were going to the crab feast, their comment was ShellYeah! So I'm thinking, when I get home I'm going to see if domains like ShellYea(.)com or ShellYeaSeafood(.)com was taken or even ShellYeaOysters(.).com. Of course if you haven't picked up that this is a play off the slang term "HellYea" you may never understand:xf.confused:. So then I'm thinking, how might this domain sound as the name for a national Seafood Restaurant like Red Lobster or Bonefish Grill or Joes Crab Shack? So I get home and start researching names via Go Daddy's domain Appraisal link. And because the words, "Yeah", "Yea" and "Yeh" can match up with Shell and Hell, I do some more research via Google for the match up. It turns out that the correct grammer word(s) to go with Shell are "Yes" and "Yeah" with "Yeh" being a variation of "Yeah". And since the pronunciation for the word "Yea" is actually "Yay", I eliminated it.

So it turns out ShellYes(.)com and ShellYeah(.)com are both premium domains and were taken:xf.frown:, but ShellYeh(.)com was available. I'm aware that "Yeh" is less formal than "Yes" and "Yeah", but my thinking is, since eating any kind of shell fish (oysters, clams, crabs etc) is "hands on dining".....ShellYeh:hungry:com might be a great name for Seafood Restaurant specializing in shellfish.

My point is, hand registering domains may not be the answer for some domainers, but I think it can work fine for those who put a little thought into it. Thanks

btw, ShellYeh! appraises for $893 at GD, $2,190 at Freevaluator and $4,432 at Notka domains...go figure:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddy puts every single domain as a "premium" domain once you put it on sale...

Ategy is 100% spot on, "Please STOP referencing automated appraisals for brandables! Just STOP !!! They are almost completely irrelevant for brandables." ITS TIME TO STOP

This makes 100% sense considering the algorithm behind automated appraisals. All appraisals are calculated based on historical sales within that keyword. Therefore, brandable names are NEVER, not even close to being accurately appraised, since the words are essentially made up.
Alex...do you have a clue what you're talking about? The domain Rx.rentals is is a "Premium" domain and I can guarantee you it's NOT for sale. Please STOP...until such time you know the facts:xf.wink:

•••
Bulloney
You had mentioned wanting to promote domains in a manner which are certainly different than merely listing them on a domain marketplace, creating passive landing pages or doing email marketing. I would be interested in knowing what response you get from event booths or other offline marketing methods.

•••
@Bulloney The biggest problem with newbies (such as yourself) registering domains is that you have absolutely no idea what is a good domain or what kind of domains has a chance of selling.

You reg obscure domains and then try to force them to mean something. From the perspective of a possible buyer that would mean that the buyer tries to come up with a domain, and every time he/she finds that this or that domain is taken, he/she comes up with a worse domain until the domain is the worst possible, and then he/she pays you the big bucks for it. What makes you think that people who buy domains from the aftermarket are idiots?
Thanks nomen...so you're from Finland? Did I say people who buy domains from the aftermarket are idiots??? On behalf of Fins everywhere, you may want to check this out and apply for Bulloney's Worldwide school of domainer appreciation:xf.wink: https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-education-and-more.1093152/#post-6828003

•••
Bulloney
You had mentioned wanting to promote domains in a manner which are certainly different than merely listing them on a domain marketplace, creating passive landing pages or doing email marketing. I would be interested in knowing what response you get from event booths or other offline marketing methods.
Garptrader...I'm headed to the gym, but I promise to share my experiences with regards to more traditional methods of marketing domain names. Unfortunately, until such time I attract a technical partner to help me with some of the technical details, the going is slower than I would like. I'm in talks with several people, but until such time a match made in heaven occurs, I'll continue to promote my domain vision and theory:)

•••
Thanks nomen...so you're from Finland? Did I say people who buy domains from the aftermarket are idiots??? On behalf of Fins everywhere, you may want to check this out and apply for Bulloney's Worldwide school of domainer appreciation:xf.wink: https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-education-and-more.1093152/#post-6828003

No you did not. But you imply it by registering worthless domains and anticipating that they sell. Bulloney's Worldwide school of domainer appreciation... To teach something, one should demonstrate first that they understand the concept of learning. I'm not exactly sold yet.

•••
No you did not. But you imply it by registering worthless domains and anticipating that they sell. Bulloney's Worldwide school of domainer appreciation... To teach something, one should demonstrate first that they understand the concept of learning. I'm not exactly sold yet.
Oh, I'm learning alright...I just haven't learned anything from domainers from Finland. Maybe you can be the first:xf.wink:

•••
Alex...do you have a clue what you're talking about? The domain Rx.rentals is is a "Premium" domain and I can guarantee you it's NOT for sale. Please STOP...until such time you know the facts:xf.wink:

Okay so why don't you link me the GoDaddy link where it says its a premium domain

•••
Rx.rentals is listed as a premium domain, I was wrong (y)

•••
Hey NY Jimbo...I own plenty of domains where GD appraises them for more than the examples you reference. Interesting, you should check out appraisals for hand reg's; rxrentals.com at GD and Rx.rentals. I'm not sure how it happened, but Rx.rentals wasn't "Premium" when it was reg'd a few months ago, but maybe GD realized who was doing the hand regging:xf.wink: Now show me the kind of junk you reg? Inquiring minds would luv to know.

Bullcarp, almost any 2L ".rentals" is a premium. Anybody can get a high value ".rentals" domain.

Go on take out your credit card and register "mx.rentals" for $139:

mx.rentals
premium
icn-godaddy-valuation.png
Estimated Value: $4,144

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Hey everybody, get a high value 2L ".rentals" that for some reason nobody wants:

cr.rentals
premium
Estimated Value: $4,988

dk.rentals

premium
Estimated Value: $5,413

xx.rentals

premium
Estimated Value: $5,483

ALL (and many more) available.....

Last edited:
•••
Jimbo...since you don't have a college degree it's unlikely you even know what Rx stands for much less mx, cr, dk, or xx. I rather doubt you know enough about DME rentals that you even understand the domain Rx.rentals. In the way of an education, you may want to check our Rx.com whose domain appraises for 3M by Estibot....check this out; https://www.rx.com/

btw, couldd you explain to me the anatomy of LiWebTech(.)com I believe this is your companies domain. How in the world did you ever come up with a name like that? Inquiring minds would like to know. Thanks:xf.grin:
I love how you are trying to distract from the main point. You are pretending to understand this business and trying to offer your "genius" to everyone, but you know nothing. :xf.wink:

Bragging that "rx.rentals" went up in value because of who reg'd it is a flat out lie. The domain was always that price. ALmost all 2L ".rentals" are over valued.

My company has been around for a very long time and has nothing to do with your failure as a domainer.
But since you asked, its short for Long Island Web Tech. Its LIWebTech.

Name some of your fantasy businesses you always brag about. I noticed you suddenly became a namer of corporations AND owned a nail salon. Were you also a consultant on the moon landing and the middle east peace process ? :-P

Last edited:
•••
It is my view that what new TLD registries are selling to domainers is the allusion that by registering a bunch of keyword .whatever domains they will become instantly wealthy.

The reality is the exact opposite.

•••
I love how you are trying to distract from the main point. You are pretending to understand this business and trying to offer your "genius" to everyone, but you know nothing. :xf.wink:

Bragging that "rx.rentals" went up in value because of who reg'd it is a flat out lie. The domain was always that price. ALmost all 2L ".rentals" are over valued.

My company has been around for a very long time and has nothing to do with your failure as a domainer.
But since you asked, its short for Long Island Web Tech. Its LIWebTech.

Name some of your fantasy businesses you always brag about. I noticed you suddenly became a namer of corporations AND owned a nail salon. Were you also a consultant on the moon landing and the middle east peace process ? :-P
Too funny Jimbo...I can't tell you how entertaining you and your ilk have become. Please tell me, is everyone that hand reg's a domain an "idiot"? I wonder who the guy was that hand reg'd LiWebTech(.)com? Inquiring minds would luv to know:xf.wink:....thanks for the entertainment.

Oh...here are a few names some of my "fantasy" businesses you're asking about;

Credit Control Corporation
Acsel
Contact USA®
Hobo Shine
JudgmentScore™
InQuisitor Investigations
Domain Imagination

I just thought I'd humor you Jimbo...it's my pleasure:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Too funny Jimbo...I can't tell you how entertaining you and your ilk have become. Please tell me, is everyone that hand reg's a domain an "idiot"? I wonder who the guy was that hand reg'd LiWebTech(.)com? Inquiring minds would luv to know:xf.wink:....thanks for the entertainment.

Nobody is making fun of hand regs, we're just making fun of you. :xf.wink:

Why do you create threads that always end up making you look bad ?

ps - Prove you own those corporations. If its just domains, show proof you sold them. Stop hiding.

I can't imagine enjoying being called out on every post. :ROFL:

I await your next thread of "wisdom". :xf.laugh:

ps - "BeerPong.live" ? You brag about this one ?

Last edited:
•••
Nobody is making fun of hand regs, we're just making fun of you. :xf.wink:

Why do you create threads that always end up making you look bad ?

ps - Prove you own those corporations. If its just domains, show proof you sold them. Stop hiding.

I can't imagine enjoying being called out on every post. :ROFL:
Hiding???? LMAO....I'm the most transparent domainer you'll ever know. Here...connect with me on Linkedin and you might just learn something; https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-morris-227a6918/

•••
Hiding???? LMAO....I'm the most transparent domainer you'll ever know. Here...connect with me on Linkedin and you might just learn something; https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-morris-227a6918/

I watched your youtube video, just another credit collector. I like how your "investigator" business ended right after the video was made. Desperation ? LOL.

You bought over 1,000 domains in the past year ? Was "beerpong.live" one of them ?

If you really were succesful in these businesses you would not have sold them off and be hanging around here selling bad domains.

Look, I dont care that you ran businesses until they were failing, unloaded them and moved on to the next thing. I myself have had plenty of business ideas that did not work out. But this place is about domains and so far you have done nothing to prove you are a genius even though you try to use your past to support that myth.

I'm done with this thread. I await your next one.

Last edited:
•••

Ok, since you mentioned transparency and just linked to your Linkedin, let's talk about one of them.

First, I'm still interested in the name you said you sold in the 1970's. The details on that, it can't be a domain name, since they didn't exist then.

From the very first time you posted here, you're always talking about your past businesses and all the CEO's/Presidents you know. I feel like if I mentioned I bought new tires, you would reply with, I just had lunch with the President of Michelin yesterday. I think there was a post/blog mentioning Tulip.com, you hopped in saying your golf buddy's dog was named Tulip, something like that.

So if I were to believe everything you posted, you're 70, had a lot of past business success, know a lot of successful CEO's/Presidents etc. So I'm thinking you should have money, your friends should have money.

Then, back to the Linkedin, First Car Memories, LLC, something you first mentioned when you got here. Why is there stuff like this:

https://www.gofundme.com/first-car-memories

Why do you need $50,000 from strangers? Why are you asking for money on the internet? Why not use your own money, why not get some from your friends? Then it says you have some non-profit .org, 10% of initial funding will go to that. So people give you money and you'll take 10% and give it right back to yourself for the .org? It's a Coming Soon page on Wordpress.

Then, why do you think you need $50k for a site like that? You need hosting, you can get for under $10 or spend a little more. You can get a logo here for $50. Wordpress is free. A good theme, $60 or under. So that's under $200 total. I think you want people to share stories/upload pics? I think that functionality already exists in Wordpress, or there are plugins to handle that. You could have something up and running today, the basic foundation. You can get free help via videos, internet, people here. Don't need 50K. And that's not the type of site that's going to make money anyway. It's not the type of site people go to with the credit card in hand. They go to read, look at pics.

Sites like that already exist - https://oldcarmemories.com/

You think that site is making any money? Basic Wordpress site, looks like a free theme to me. If somebody took your 50k, they would be ripping you off. So, I don't think you know much about online business type stuff. Domains, clearly not. Developing, if you need to find somebody to

Last edited:
•••
Ok, since you mentioned transparency and just linked to your Linkedin, let's talk about one of them.

First, I'm still interested in the name you said you sold in the 1970's. The details on that, it can't be a domain name, since they didn't exist then.

From the very first time you posted here, you're always talking about your past businesses and all the CEO's/Presidents you know. I feel like if I mentioned I bought new tires, you would reply with, I just had lunch with the President of Michelin yesterday. I think there was a post/blog mentioning Tulip.com, you hopped in saying your golf buddy's dog was named Tulip, something like that.

So if I were to believe everything you posted, you're 70, had a lot of past business success, know a lot of successful CEO's/Presidents etc. So I'm thinking you should have money, your friends should have money.

Then, back to the Linkedin, First Car Memories, LLC, something you first mentioned when you got here. Why is there stuff like this:

https://www.gofundme.com/first-car-memories

Why do you need $50,000 from strangers? Why are you asking for money on the internet? Why not use your own money, why not get some from your friends? Then it says you have some non-profit .org, 10% of initial funding will go to that. So people give you money and you'll take 10% and give it right back to yourself for the .org? It's a Coming Soon page on Wordpress.

Then, why do you think you need $50k for a site like that? You need hosting, you can get for under $10 or spend a little more. You can get a logo here for $50. Wordpress is free. A good theme, $60 or under. So that's under $200 total. I think you want people to share stories/upload pics? I think that functionality already exists in Wordpress, or there are plugins to handle that. You could have something up and running today, the basic foundation. You can get free help via videos, internet, people here. Don't need 50K. And that's not the type of site that's going to make money anyway. It's not the type of site people go to with the credit card in hand. They go to read, look at pics.

Sites like that already exist - https://oldcarmemories.com/

You think that site is making any money? Basic Wordpress site, looks like a free theme to me. If somebody took your 50k, they would be ripping you off. So, I don't think you know much about online business type stuff. Domains, clearly not. Developing, if you need to find somebody to

Johnnie...I'm impressed that someone of your prominence and domain influence has spent so much time researching my background. I didn't read your entire post, but I'm sure Ategy would be proud.

Other than to say your research goes to prove my experience and background are exactly what they're purported to be, lets get back on topic and discuss what this thread was meant to discuss, and that's the "Anatomy of a Hand Reg"

So here's a new one for you to comment on...driving back from lunch I was behind a car that had a vanity license plate that read "N2VEGAS". I knew I'd seen some "N2" domains before, but I thought I'd check it out when I got back to my computer. As expected, n2vegas, and 90% of the other names I researched like: n2travel, n2boys, n2gold, n2fun, n2beer, n2wine, n2fit, n2fitness, n2speed, n2golf, n2yoga, n2cannabis, n2sports, n2wealth, n2health, n2cash were ALL taken:xf.frown: Not to be deterred, I came up with about a half dozen that were not taken, and one in particular had "more" than the rest (Geico would be proud), and the other is guaranteed to put a "smile" on your face (your dentist would be proud) There were a couple I passed on like N2Bulloney......i left that for just you Johnnie:xf.wink:

And there you have it: The Anatomy of yet another hand reg by Bulloney. Cheers!

•••
I have both laughed and cringed reading through this whole thread.

What to do and what to do when INVESTING in domains has been very well covered here and I am sorry to say Bulloney you are showing me how NOT to do it.

My concern with this market for newbies (like me!) is that you start it off as a part time hobby/business, you then start believing the hype/get rich quick model and start putting money in that in the long term is not going to show a profitable ROI - it has been posted in this thread already by far more experienced domain investors than me that you are leading people down a false and non profitable path

By no means am I perfect, but I try and show some humility, willingness to learn and have stopped buying names because I think they look good and try and base it on a logical process on why it could be profitable - wont get it right every time, but me thinks I am on the right track.

All the best with your path, but please stop trying to convince people you are the only one that is right - everyone has the right to share their opinion, but NOT to ram it down our throats.

•••
Bottom line: it's either yeah or eh. Make up your mind.

•••
Johnnie...I'm impressed that someone of your prominence and domain influence has spent so much time researching my background.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...7.943...0i22i30k1j33i22i29i30k1.0.wp2tVgMcbzI

It's literally the first result. So about 10 seconds or so. So not much time.

Dodged everything else.

and 90% of the other names I researched like: n2travel, n2boys, n2gold, n2fun, n2beer, n2wine, n2fit, n2fitness, n2speed, n2golf, n2yoga, n2cannabis, n2sports, n2wealth, n2health, n2cash

"n2boys"

C'mon. No man, not a good domain. Not sure why you researched that one. Unless gay dating site, girls looking for guys. Plus, I don't like numbers with domains, some others do. Someone with your background should know the basic keep it simple stuff. That's Marketing 101 level type stuff. A lot of the stuff you register/want to register, people would misspell. That's not good.

Last edited:
•••
No wonder this industry has such a bad name:xf.grin:
This industry doesn't have a bad name, you just have a really poor, cringey and narcaistic attitude lol

•••
https://www.google.com/search?clien...7.943...0i22i30k1j33i22i29i30k1.0.wp2tVgMcbzI

It's literally the first result. So about 10 seconds or so. So not much time.

Dodged everything else.

"n2boys"

C'mon. No man, not a good domain. Not sure why you researched that one. Unless gay dating site, girls looking for guys. Plus, I don't like numbers, some others do. Someone with your background should know the basic keep it simple stuff. A lot of the stuff you register/want to register, people would misspell. That's not good.

Are you having trouble reading? I said ALL those domains were already taken....geesh man, if you're going to critique a name, at least pay attention.

•••
Are you having trouble reading? I said ALL those domains were already taken....geesh man, if you're going to critique a name, at least pay attention.
You said all were taken, but not to be deterred.

I mean, are you actually serious? Because it's hard to believe someone like you exists unironically.

You saying " not to be deterred" and then hand regging a dozen crap domain that I wouldn't even touch, implies that you were LOOKING to hand reg those taken domains.

•••

I did, you invest in all kinds of extensions, I'm sure they're available in many of them. As far as trouble reading, tackle my other post. I'm curious how you sell domains in the 1970's.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back