NameSilo

new gtlds An Unbiased New gTLD Case Study is Coming

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

clasione

VIP Member
StrategicRevenue.com
Impact
"NEW YORK – I’ll have an interesting new gTLD case study coming in the next few days to a week or so. It’s going to be great, because I think it’s going to work. I think the position of the website in Google is going to improve greatly by doing nothing else but changing the URL to a new keyword rich gTLD. If I’m wrong I will have wasted another $150 on gTLDs, but either way I will learn and so will you."

Not Sponsored, Supported or in Anyway Influenced by Any Registry....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've also done this a thousand times. Usually I use the webmaster tools change of address tool (in addition to the 301). This time, I didn't as I want to see how Google honors it without it. Site ranks fine for its URL or the name of the individual the site is about (ranks #1 with map and info box to the right). However, Google has changed how it is treating it for where it ranked for its commercial keyword phrase/term (the money term, the one that now matches the URL for that added benefit, the one people are fighting for, where this site was on the seventh page). This is what the test it all about Bill. The site pops up beautifully for the attorneys name, with the new web address and all (301 success), just like it should. I'm not doing it wrong. It's not a complicated process.

Last edited:
•••
Further updates will be on my site to not scatter this info all around.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back