NameSilo

discuss An article to quote in your outbound: Domain names save 90% of ad expenses

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I found an amazing article on TLDinvestors.
The article is titled "Domain names save 90% of ad expenses and add 15% to business success"

The article gives prompt examples of companies switching to right domain names and making it big.

Here is an excerpt from the article:

At the Global Mobile Internet Conference in 2013, Tencent CEO Hua Teng MA famously said, “We even think that the internet may not need domain names in the future.” Few years later, what do we see in China now? It appears the opposite is actually happening.

Chinese consumers welcome short domain names such as Le.com, JD.com, and 360.com, and typing a domain name directly is the most preferred method for them to visit a company on the internet. Even Mr. Ma finally managed to acquire Weixin.com early this year — he had to resort to legal battle in order to grab this much coveted name.

All these events are telling us that domain names have a bright future in China, and companies are beginning to understand the power of a good domain name. As further evidence of the importance of domain names, let’s hear the words spoken by two men closely in touch with domain names in China.

Jiu Xian Wang (酒仙网=wine immortal net) was founded in 2009 by Mr. Hong Feng HAO to sell wine on the internet. In 2010, the company acquired JiuXian.com, a short, 2-pin name matching the company name. Since then, the startup has received 7 rounds of venture capital funding and listed on a stock exchange. The company has become the largest wine ecommerce website in China valued at 65b CNY.

As head of this multibillion dollar company, Mr. Hao said, “A good domain name can save you 90% of your advertising expenses.” While domain acquisition is a one-time cost, advertising spend recurs every year. No wonder Chinese startups are scrambling to buy the best .com domain names from the west.
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/06/dom...-expenses-and-add-15-to-business-success.html

Source

I am going to quote the article and send a link to this one, during my next outbound sale. This might influence the sale, or the price maybe.
Just trying!

How did you like the article?
Anyone tried quoting or linking any article in the outbound emails?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good one @Arpit131 .. We should include this link in the outbound email. This article will help the end user to understand the importance of owning a right domain name.

•••
While I'm sure there's plenty of truth to the article, it would be useful to see some basis for those statistics, otherwise it's nothing more than opinions of high profile businessmen... probably with vested interest.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back