Domain Empire

sales An Analysis of the Top Domain Sales for Feb 15th -21st, 2016

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Candace

Broker at Starfire HoldingsTop Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
The study continues of the top weekly and yearly Domain Sales. The purpose of this study is to help myself and other newbies develop our instincts for what good, great and even the best domain names look like. I have created a spreadsheet below that compares the Sale Prices, Lengths, Type of Domains, Type of Keywords, Search Volume, CPC, Age, Brandability and Venue Sold for the top domains sold during the week of Feb 15th – Feb 21st, 2016.

Read More Here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's great to look at what sells and analyze them for trends.

This helps but like you I'm confused sometimes by some of the sales. I've seen domains on the charts that sold for big bucks, but I wouldn't have even paid reg fee for them.

Try not to get to involved in what the domain "Says". Look at what niche the domains fall into. Are .coms selling more than other tlds, are short domains selling more than longer domains? Are generics selling more than non-generics?

If you look at the .xyz sales, they are short and generic, but can you acquire one or are they gone?
Look at the charts for several months and you will see patterns. That will help you when you look for domains in the future.

•••
Krankenversicherungen.net

Means health insurances in german
I am not sure the buyer got a good deal.

IDN to me means
International domain names

That doesn't refer to foreign languages
But to letters that are not used in english

Like öäü in german
And they convert into something like

Xn--whatever--.de / .com

•••
To be clear Frank, you are saying that Krankenversicherungen.net is not an IDN because the characters are English characters? Trying to understand. I'd love to hear from you and others because I really want to learn.

•••
No
Not in my understanding

Its simply a german word .net

•••
Do we characterize these types of domains in any category? Or as you said before, do we generally just say. It's a 'GermanWord'.net or 'TurkishWord'.net.
Do these types of domains generally sell well? Like I said in the article, I have sofubo.com (grandparents in Japanese). I saw that sofubo.jp.com is taken, does that mean/not mean that sofubo.com would be worth anything.

•••
•••
Hi Candhan, Welcome !
Studies are a useful contribution. Thank you.
What I noticed was the large search volumes for the short .xyz - most likely from "investors" rather than "search for product or service" would be interesting to see if the search volumes remain at those levels.

Short or Relevant in current popular extensions are the two main ingredients to current market values.
Everything else will most likely be less than 20k. with some exceptions but not many.
Right now, since China is the biggest consumer on the planet, what is important to follow is which new tld's will be allowed to operate in their market. (meaning you can actually use the domain to create a site)
.xyz and .club lead the pack of new tld's seeking approval not yet granted.
.com and .net values should remain stable as top China investors are trying to create a commodity market with them since they are valued globally. (viewed as currency rather than actual developed property) If they are successful, which I believe they will be, other popular Short or Relevant extensions will be added to this new trading platform.

Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back