Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

slader23

Always On The Bleeding Edge.Top Member
Impact
AmericanCenters.com

Plural, not niche specific...could be used for a ton of things. One example would be for commercial real estate developers i.e a company that develops mixed use retail centers across the US.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
low-mid xxx
Thanks for your opinion. However, I don't plan on selling it for less than low x, xxx. Considering the annualized renewal costs, even if I was the original owner low xxx or mid xxx would be unacceptable given the amount of money already invested in the name.

•••
americanheadquarters.com sold for $103 americaninstitutes.com $115 both less than a year ago. Good Luck

•••
americanheadquarters.com sold for $103 americaninstitutes.com $115 both less than a year ago. Good Luck
americanhighschool.com 33,840 USD 2014-04-16 Uniregistry
americanpro.com 25,800 USD 2010-12-29 Afternic
americangreen.com 25,000 USD 2014-03-26 Sedo
american.info 23,530 USD 2008-10-28 SnapNames
american.info 23,530 USD 2008-10-28 SnapNames
americannational.com 20,000 USD 2014-04-02 GoDaddy
americanfreight.com 15,000 USD 2013-03-13 GoDaddy
americanmuscle.com 15,000 USD 2011-03-02 Sedo
americanproperty.com 13,500 USD 2011-01-06 Sedo
americanscholarships.com 12,995 USD 2013-12-22 Afternic
americanvodka.com 12,500 USD 2014-09-03 Private
americanpervert.com 12,000 USD 2014-07-03 Sedo
americanbuffalo.com 11,475 USD 2015-05-21 Uniregistry
americanlogistics.com 11,000 USD 2010-01-07 Afternic
americanrebel.com 10,000 USD 2015-06-02 Uniregistry
americanflyers.com 10,000 USD 2015-04-09 Sedo
muslimamerican.com 10,000 USD 2015-02-08 Uniregistry
americanhotchicks.com 10,000 USD 2008-05-30 Sedo
americanholidays.co.uk 9,815 USD 2010-07-14 Sedo
americanfinancial.com 8,600 USD 2008-07-22 NameJet
americanhomeloans.com 7,505 USD 2012-02-29 GoDaddy
americanfasteners.com 7,000 USD 2015-08-14 Uniregistry
americanhistory.org 7,000 USD 2008-08-19 DNCartoons.com
americanseal.com 6,000 USD 2015-02-08 Uniregistry
americanresource.com 6,000 USD 2012-09-30 Afternic
americanbulldogclub.nl 5,657 USD 2015-02-09 Sedo
americanaudio.com 5,600 USD 2005-05-14 SnapNames
americanflowers.com 5,500 USD 2013-03-11 Afternic
americanquilts.com 5,150 USD 2005-04-01 SnapNames
american.org 5,010 USD 2012-08-08 SnapNames
americanhotrod.com 5,000 USD 2016-06-02 Uniregistry
americanplus.com 5,000 USD 2016-02-03 Uniregistry
americanhacker.com 5,000 USD 2015-04-23 Uniregistry
americannews.com 5,000 USD 2014-05-13 Sedo
americanmarketing.com 5,000 USD 2012-12-09 Afternic
americanfarmer.com 5,000 USD 2012-02-15 Afternic
americanburger.com 5,000 USD 2011-01-06 Sedo
americanhealthassociation.com 4,799 USD 2016-08-03 Sedo
americangifts.com 4,688 USD 2013-04-22 Afternic
americandata.com 4,609 USD 2012-09-05 NameJet
cleanamericanenergy.com 4,488 USD 2013-07-01 Afternic
americansportsmen.com 4,288 USD 2014-02-23 Afternic
americanopportunity.com 4,288 USD 2013-10-20 Afternic
americanbeach.com 4,288 USD 2013-09-23 Afternic
americanhomes.org 4,288 USD 2012-12-09 Afternic
theamerican.net 4,100 USD 2013-04-08 Afternic
americanrevolution.com 4,050 USD 2012-11-07 Afternic
americancountry.com 4,000 USD 2011-10-26 Sedo
americantraining.com 4,000 USD 2008-08-12 Afternic
americanmortgage.net 4,000 USD 2007-12-12 Afternic

•••
U quoted everything that has American in it with no regards to the rest of of the domain lol

•••
U quoted everything that has American in it with no regards to the rest of of the domain lol
Look, your comps are a bit more niche specific than my name, that does not discount them from the valuation but, makes them less relatable due to the fact that both are less commercial and more limited. Headquarters is very limited and institutes seems like it would be better in .org, not to mention it is a more research/education oriented word.

•••
There are a lot of $xxxx sales with "centers" being the 2nd word BUT. the problem is, American and Centers don't go along well.. American Centers for what mate? imo

•••
There are a lot of $xxxx sales with "centers" being the 2nd word BUT. the problem is, American and Centers don't go along well.. American Centers for what mate? imo
American Centers for anything. I gave one example of a group of mixed use commercial retail centers. It's not niche specific.

•••
•••
Sorry, but I don't think it makes much sense.
As for the retail centers example / idea, it looks like AmericanRetailCenters.com has never been registered before, and to me it's even better since it's specific.

BritishCenters.com is in use by a place in the UAE, and they simply hand registered it last year. So on the off chance (very slim chance, in my opinion) that within the next year some random business wants yours and is willing to pay a premium for it, I would probably price it around $750.

You can hand register BritishCenters.co.uk, CanadianCenters.ca, CanadianCenters.com, AustralianCenters.com.au, etc.

Also looks like buydomains has had centersofamerica.com for a loooong time
http://www.hosterstats.com/historicaldns.php?domain=centersofamerica.com
Right now, it's listed for 1k on godaddy, 664 min offer.
http://www.retailcentersofamerica.com/ :xf.wink:

Thanks for your appraisal Jaco. You provide some relevant points, however, there have been only 73 reported sales of "Canadian"+anything and 47 sales of British+Anything, so I'd be wary of buying those combinations...the levels of liquidity are minimal in comparison to American+Anything which has 471 reported sales. With that said I don't find it reasonable to even consider the other two combinations because they are of largely lesser quality, You'll see plenty of businesses with the word American at the start but British and Canadian? Not so much...and that comes down to demographics, overall capitalization of the markets with respect to each country, liquidity, brandability and overall feasibility of use in the open markets. You're always somewhat thorough in your appraisals however, your overall outlooks are relatively skewed given the fact that your appraisal focuses on an analysis of unsold names of lesser quality, which you use to tailor your appraisal into a valuation that suits your own predetermined conclusion.

Last edited:
•••
•••
My honest appraisal for this domain.

Reseller: low $xx to high $xx.. optimist re-sellers who can't differentiate between good and bad domains determine the value of a domain based on 'comparable' sales and age. They will pay up to $99 for this.

End-user: I will be shocked if an end-user buys this domain. But I have sold crappy domains to end-users too and it rarely happens, but no end-user will pay more than high $xxx for this one, honestly.

You wanted an appraisal, you got one, an honest one, from the one and only, the best domainer of the end-times.

•••
Yeah, I wouldn't register British--, Canadian--, etc. for investment, unless it was really great. I was just saying that no one even has bothered to register BritishCenters or CanadianCenters because it's a combination that is rare and does not normally stand on its own.

The number of reported sales for American+X doesn't really matter, especially if your own combination makes little sense. I mean I could gather data from namebio, find the most common keywords at the beginning and end of domains, then throw them all together and find some really bad domains that have high ranking keywords. It might actually be an okay method for finding domains to register or buy if you know how to choose ones that makes sense. But there are probably much better ways.

The point was that they are using retailcentersofamerica.com because it actually describes they're company. CentersOfAmerica is too vague.
But here's an example of one where they are using the shortened version of their brand name "American Central Transport, Inc."
http://www.americancentral.com/
And the BritishCenters.com company name is "British Lasik & Cosmetic Surgery Center", of which they have two.

This could happen with yours too, I guess. Maybe a company named "American Centers for Rehabilitation, Inc." could want this domain, but it seems unlikely that something like that will ever happen. (plus they have to want it badly enough to pay you $500+, or per your expectations, 1k+)
Thanks for the added insight. There are many "American Centers", I will likely be targeting mixed use retail center developers as this name fits the kind of commercial offerings they would have in their portfolio. As an example, I recently contacted the owner of Word+Center/s.com and was told that my offer was too low because they would be using the domain for a group of mixed use commercial retail centers. Thanks for the first link though :D, thats one end user though http://americanfinancetrust.com/#, buys exactly the type of real estate properties I am talking about. In simpler terms, I am going to be targeting developers/REIT's/Real estate companies that own or are planning to develop groups of mixed use commercial retail i.e shopping centers/malls. I'll probably ask $5k and settle in the $2-$4k range.

•••
My honest appraisal for this domain.

Reseller: low $xx to high $xx.. optimist re-sellers who can't differentiate between good and bad domains determine the value of a domain based on 'comparable' sales and age. They will pay up to $99 for this.

End-user: I will be shocked if an end-user buys this domain. But I have sold crappy domains to end-users too and it rarely happens, but no end-user will pay more than high $xxx for this one, honestly.

You wanted an appraisal, you got one, an honest one, from the one and only, the best domainer of the end-times.
Thanks for your opinion. Next time post your actual opinion first rather than trolling my thread with nonsense. You told me this name was crap in the chat, so there is also a log of your actions. I'm not saying there is malice in your appraisal but heed your words carefully. I saw your post coming a mile away.

•••
Thanks for your opinion. Next time post your actual opinion first rather than trolling my thread with nonsense. You told me this name was crap in the chat, so there is also a log of your actions. I'm not saying there is malice in your appraisal but heed your words carefully. I saw your post coming a mile away.

You're welcome.

You're right, I should've posted the appraisal in my first post. But as @todaygold explained to you, my post was not irrelevant, that post was posted in order to explain that "a bad domain is simply throwing together words, like you did".

American and Centers don't go along well. When you go to namedroppers.com and paste "american centers" in the search box, you will understand what that post meant, there are american accident centers, american acne centers, american addction centers, or
american centers for trial avocacy, or american centers of cardiology etc. But "AmericanCenters" are just 2 words thrown together and AmericanCenters.com can probably be a directory of all kind of American centers but nothing more than that, imo.

Last edited:
•••
What is predetermined, is ones love for the domain, for which they can't get a refund. I have experienced this, don't worry you'll get over it, it's just $79.
Your valuation was predetermined. You told me in the chat "AmericanCenters is crap" and then you posted even more crap on my thread :), like I said you've gotta be more sly with your intentions. Never leave an opening to exploit your mistakes. Again, I appreciate your appraisal, you brought added insight and information.

•••
I'm going to lock this until a moderator/administrator has a chance to review it. I can't lend a hand here at the moment.

Update: Opened again.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back