NameSilo

Am I doing something wrong?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization, started by TonyTsolakis, Apr 13, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. TonyTsolakis

TonyTsolakis Upgraded Member Gold Account

I just recently parked some domains with bodis. (9 of them total) here are my stats so far. It has been about 1 week.

My CTR is pretty bad I think? But I am actually surprised I am getting this many visits.

Any advice on how to improve my CTR?

Also is the fact that I am getting some views good news? Or is this simply happening because I have my domains listed for sale on multiple marketplaces.
    Capture.PNG

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Joe N

Joe N Top Member PRO VIP

Hey Tony,

I don't know much about parking myself, but making money on it these days is no easy thing. From what I know, those results from 9 random domains is not all that bad.

Great recent thread on parking here:

Why Domain Parking works for me…. - NamePros

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  3. TonyTsolakis

I did read through that thread and it is interesting but there is no specific information (obviously probably secrets top parking guys don't want to get out). I was just wondering why my CTR would be so low and maybe some things I can do to increase it if possible at all.

To be honest I haven't done anything yet in terms of optimization except for keywords on BODIS so we'll see how that goes. My thinking is if I can get my parked domains to cover the cost of my overall domain portfolio it will be with it for me.

So for example if I have 100 domains 20 of which are parked the 20 parked names I would use to cover the cost to renew all my domains so that way I am not losing money if I don't sell any names in a year.

Anything extra would just be a bonus.

4. Joe N

Joe N Top Member PRO VIP

I agree, that would be amazing. My understanding is that it's rare to be able to accomplish that without either: significant upfront investment in quality parked names, or a very good eye/knowledge of what domains will generate parking income.

Wish I could be helpful in terms of helping you to optimize, but I'm pretty clueless there... I have about 40 EMDs that I'm currently testing with BODIS, and I've only made a little over $1 in a couple months.

There are some guys here that are experienced parkers, though. If you send some of them a PM, they may have some advice to offer, considering you're not actually looking for tips on how to compete with them for good names.

5. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi

if, you average $15 in 30 days from parking 9 domains, then
    in a year you average $180

average renewal fee for .com $10 X's 9 = $90
    net profit $90

if CTR or EPC increases, so does the spread for those 9 names.

Good Luck!

6. TonyTsolakis

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I will have to just wait and see. I am just not sure exactly where the traffic is coming from so it's hard to project performance based on the stats I have right now.

Also, I want to see how much of a difference using a website would make for example if I just made a quick info page with some ads.

All in all this parking thing has me very interested since it is scalable once you figure out the numbers and what works.

It would be nice to have a mentor lol

7. Javier-Ramos.com

Javier-Ramos.com Established Member

I've made some revenue through Bodis however I notice that sometimes my domains do not resolve, for example if I enter the domain the "www" vs just entering the domain*com, this is a problem because some traffic still uses the www.

Have you experienced the same issue? I tried in multiple browser and computers and got the same result.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice