Dynadot

Alternative to Parking for Names for Sale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've got a lot of great high-value names that don't necessarily get much type-in traffic. Sometimes I wonder if, for these names, instead of just parking the name for the small parking income it receives, perhaps I should just forward the name to my Sedo sales page. After all, I don't think everyone pays enough attention, or is sophisticated enough, to know that although the page is parked, it is still for sale. I know that the page says "This domain may be for sale by its owner" but still I wonder if everyone see it, or gets it. I'd hate to lose someone who did not understand the concept. For example, I could see a businessman, unfamiliar with domain names (as I'm sure are most), simply trying the domain names he is interested in. When site comes up, he might very well quickly close the window thinking it's taken. But, the "For Sale" page is different enough to warrant a second look. I know a couple years ago, that's what I would have done.

Anyone ever try this? Any comments??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Could you pm me or post on this thread when you've updated your page again. I'm interested in your progress.

gazzip said:
Thanks slobizman, your question inspired me to have a "test drive" - I will pobably go with affiliates eventually, most the logos on the ferries site (link at the bottom) are ones that offer affiliate schemes.

On the domain one I may just sign up with a few registrars perhaps but I am more interested in trying to get sales - one day LOL

ps - The other good thing about offering free links for related property websites is that people contact you to get listed - this gives you a chance to offer/show your domains for sale to them in your reply email.

I have been contacted a few times this way :hehe: Hey, its a chance for a free pitch !

•••
slobizman said:
Could you pm me or post on this thread when you've updated your page again. I'm interested in your progress.
I will do :) Did you have any luck finding anything suitable for yours ?

•••
slobizman said:
Also, any idea what swapping number of hits on parked pages to number of hits on sales pages in the statistics will do to your placement in Sedo searches?
Maybe hits on the sales page tell Sedo that the name is more sought after and it moves up the search list? Or, maybe not. :)

On my tester site I did I have had about 30 to 40 more people go straight to the offer page to view my offer at sedo.

Sedo is counting them the same so my names have all moved up in their search list - Looks like it works fine.

My domain for sale park page also very often is number 3 in Googles searches using the same two keywords as in my domain - out of 333,000 results.

The good thing about doing it this way is you have far more control in the SEO.

I have received one offer so far on one of the other domains that I have listed on the same page.

I am tempted to do some more self parking pages :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back