Dynadot

question Alternative to .ORG??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BlackCatsAreNice

Established Member
Impact
Now that the con job that is the sale and looting of the .org namespace is all but certain, perhaps the internet community should put our collective minds together and think of an alternative?

Basically, hit em where it hurts: In their pocketbooks.

I've been thinking about it...and the solution is HARD. Because .ORG is so self evident. It is such a logical extension for the mission and purpose of those that use it. Think Red Cross. Think Greenpeace. Etc.

Unlike .COM, where .CO is a good alternative, .ORG is harder.

But hard is not impossible.

What do you all think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.info

in some cases, .foundation, .global, .ngo , .donate, .site, .online,..may work.

•••
???

1,XXX alternatives as of 2020...

•••
•••
I've been thinking about it...and the solution is HARD. Because .ORG is so self evident. It is such a logical extension for the mission and purpose of those that use it. Think Red Cross. Think Greenpeace. Etc.
.LIFE is very suitable for such endusers.

•••
•••
Unfortunately, there is no alternative to .org. That's why the theft, that ICANN is spearheading, of its original intentions is such a tragedy.

•••
•••
•••
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like we have an alternative to .org.

It's 35 years old and more than 10 million domain names registered with it. Tens of thousands of organisations and their members used to it. If we really need to replace .org with another extension like .ngo (4.6k domains), it will take another 35 years for it to get where .org is now.

•••
I used to invest in .org names. It's a tough racket.

giphy.gif

•••
Back