Dynadot

Alter.com Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Deven Patel

Founder, Alter.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hi all,

I wanted to introduce a new premium domain marketplace we just launched called Alter. I would love to hear your thoughts! As the world’s largest community of domainers, your feedback would be invaluable.

Let me introduce myself. Although I’m new to NamePros, I’ve been around the block. I’ve been buying and selling domains for my own startup ideas for over 20 years. As a serial entrepreneur, I founded a number of startups across various industries like marketing, web hosting, social networking, blogging, and SaaS. This experience has helped me understand how indispensable a brand name is to a business.

Most new entrepreneurs don’t think twice about their company name. Our goal is to change that! A brand name literally has the power to make or break their business. This is more true today than ever before now that there are countless alternatives to every product or service imaginable. Sure, every business may have their own world-changing differentiator but from the outside they all look the same at which point the main differentiator ends up becoming their brand name. In a world full of distractions, we no longer have the attention span to thoroughly research what we buy so we rely on our emotions. This is why large businesses like Apple and Amazon spend billions on their “brand” alone because they understand that customer perception is everything.

Anyway, I noticed that most marketplaces that exist today are focused more on the seller rather than the buyer. Our goal is to reverse the equation and prioritize buyers because I think they are the key to success in any industry. The domain industry is no exception. Without buyers, there’s no money. This is why we’ve made it our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed!

And what’s with the 30-35% commission rate most of these marketplaces are charging? Unless they’re doing more work than a human broker, I don’t think anything over the industry average of 15-20% is warranted. We’re changing that. Alter has one of the lowest rates in the industry, an all-inclusive 10% commission fee when a name sells. There are no other fees or restrictions.

What do you think? Are we on the right track or barking up the wrong tree?

Deven
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please buy alter for less than that half amount.

----------------------

@F.E. said on Twitter after changing his profile picture

The biggest lie: I am a crypto millionaire. Let's make @theWhaleAlert on fire.

Most mentioned non-profit organization that accepts bitcoin as a donation will receive 42.69 BTC. The second most chosen will receive the same amount in ETH.

May 26th. Month after g-father's funeral

•••
•••
Is there any news on the future of Alter?

•••
Is that a big problem, can google penalize the domains, because the https error?

•••
Long story short, we can't operate a marketplace at 10% commission alone unless we stopped doing any additional marketing. By requiring you to use our landing pages, we can offset some of our other marketing costs
@Deven Patel Dan.com can operate at 9% commission and allow us to use someone else's landers. So why can't Alter operate at 10% commission unless we use Alter landers?

•••
Alter is Under Maintenance. Sold already or something huge is coming?
The site is closing. You should move your domains out by april-something.

You got an email for it.

•••
@Deven Patel I heard from here every single day and it would be very weird he let you without any reply. It's even impossible.

•••
Not Sad news....Alter depreciated in quality recently. Glad the owner decided to put it down.

•••
Congratulation on the brilliant business model of ALTER. I duly appreciate your efforts in creating a buyer focused market place for domains.

Humble Suggestion:
There is a definite scope of improving the showcase logos. Since your market place is focused on buyers, the logo should be extremely catchy & currently they are too plane jane (old 2D format). Look at the website NAMERS and see how they have utilized technology to create an immersive view into domain logos. No affiliation with the website, but just appreciating their forward looking technology.

•••
You only became extremely active during the last few days, defending your friend. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Not at all.
Now I understand why I wasn't active here.
👋🏻

•••
You seem to be non-native English, considering you don't understand the difference between weekEND and week :)

I don't blame you though, I'm non-native as well and using Grammarly.

EDIT: I just talked about myself for 1000x time, lol

Last edited:
•••
More gossip. Thats what killed the deal imo
Thanks for your opinion(š)

•••
You guys have weird way to show "respect" to people you don't even know.

•••
-11 lol 😂
Looks like you all have forgotten objectivity.
From "very unprofessional, let alone illegal" to emojis 😁

•••
•••
Wow, unexpected.
Let me know how to delete my account from this sick "community" 🤮

•••
And my Twitter account has been recreated with 0 followers and followings.

I could not care less about attention.

•••
•••
A little bit late for a change of tone 😬

•••
Doesn't need to, I'm sending "invitations" by the end of this week.

•••
You pretty much see what's my position on all this drama caused by you (@Charybdis) and Deven in both my private messaging and here, publicly in the attachment below.

Understand that the moment I am out of holiday (which I can't even celebrate without personal stuff that's happening and now this), I'm gonna proceed with cleaning my name using legal means and closing this drama as I've should.

Please note that I had no interest making any breach of contract, but now in order to clear my name, that's what's going to happen so we can show who's who. Public statement will be made by the end of following work week once consultation has been made.

Peace.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220424-111411_Telegram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220424-111411_Telegram.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
•••
If he did such a great job, than why the hell domain sellers came to me screaming?

•••
So this is the world we are living in: you people are giving credits to @Deven Patel when he started public accusations, without any single proof posted. And why did he? Because HIS own customers are complaining about the way HE is managing HIS business before the deal is closed.
Amazing behavior from all of you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back