Domain Empire

Aloha

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi every one i just want to say thankyou i have been learning alot from all the reads here on this forum, i have visited alot of othere forums though namepros keep seems to be calling me back i think the comunity is great and very diverse plus you are all very sharing and helpful to newbies like myself.
ok ok just a quikie questionie ???
was wondering when is the drop time for .infos
plus is pool like in coherts with buydomains??
is it legal to have a auction site and then keep the best names for oneself say like pool?
who created the scripts or progams that run pool?
why dont they have more competition??i know there is a few namewinner , ect
sorry for all the question :]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sorry i dont know any of the answers :(

•••
Re: Aloha

Originally posted by harpo
was wondering when is the drop time for .infos
plus is pool like in coherts with buydomains??
is it legal to have a auction site and then keep the best names for oneself say like pool?
who created the scripts or progams that run pool?
why dont they have more competition??i

Some answers:

Drop times seem to keep changing for .info. Last I checked, drops happened starting at 0930UTC (that's fancy for GMT without daylight savings). To stay current on the drop time, you should check the drop times for the best .info from the past few days.

There is no proof, but there's rumor that some bigtime Pool customers have a discounting agrrement, so if say they end up winning an auction with a $1,000 bid, then they only pay $600 (if the discount is 40%).

I don't see anything illegal with Pool deciding to keep some names if no one reserved it.

Pool is starting to have more competition. And when Netsol's WLS comes rolling in, then things will change.

•••
Re: Re: Aloha

Originally posted by armstrong
Some answers:

Drop times seem to keep changing for .info. Last I checked, drops happened starting at 0930UTC (that's fancy for GMT without daylight savings). To stay current on the drop time, you should check the drop times for the best .info from the past few days.

There is no proof, but there's rumor that some bigtime Pool customers have a discounting agrrement, so if say they end up winning an auction with a $1,000 bid, then they only pay $600 (if the discount is 40%).

I don't see anything illegal with Pool deciding to keep some names if no one reserved it.

Pool is starting to have more competition. And when Netsol's WLS comes rolling in, then things will change.

Speaking of WLS... do you really think that will happen? I know they got approval, but I'd imagine every single domain registrar will be suing to stop this, as it destroys most of their business...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back