NameSilo

news All Chinese premium LLLL.net were registered.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
About one hour ago, all Chinese premium LLLL.net were registered.

No single Chinese premium LLLL.net is left...
I am checking it again.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
@hullswingerscom You never know, but the trend is really strong in the opposite direction. I count 16 names going to Public Auction at DropCatch today.

•••
i find it interesting domaining very different now.

•••
In business, a lot of things keep changing. New technologies, trends, economics.. if you want to survive you need to be ahead of the curve and change your investment strategies.

Today we are seeing new investment opportunities!

Last edited:
•••
just feeling
i think your feeling is born from something... could you explain it?
surely this kind of domains seem grow very fast and I agree that this growth is unsustainable. Do you have other ideas?

•••
•••
the buying is starting to spread out LLLL.com LLL.co LLLL.top and so on..
with google being in such control over search domain names are turning into collectable items trading cards i think maybe you will be able to buy items from the internet with domain names.
a modern day antique
i am starting to buy name with no thought to a end user just names to trade with a investment because their rare..
some guys are holding lots of name and one dip in prices and they will panic and flood the market with names.

and yes i have had a drink tonight lol

•••
with google being in such control over search domain names are turning into collectable items trading cards i think maybe you will be able to buy items from the internet with domain names.
a modern day antique
i am starting to buy name with no thought to a end user just names to trade with a investment because their rare..
some guys are holding lots of name and one dip in prices and they will panic and flood the market with names.

dont drink and domain... i hand reg typos before coz of it :-$

•••
a modern day antique

Well, Chinese investors are buying condos and houses everywhere and prices are increasing beacause of the high demand.
I feel the same thing is happening with domains.

•••
it is all crazy they bring out GTLDS because they say there a shortage of names and we go buy all this crazy stuff

•••
some daily Godaddy results (for final price must add reg fee)
chjl.net $52 * (10 Bids)
gysw.net $45 * (9 Bids)
fzqt.net $52 * (7 Bids)
lyzg.net $63 * (13 Bids)
mhcz.net $55 * (10 Bids)
hgxy.net $75 (14 Bids)
jkzn.net $65 (12 Bids)

NAMEJET:
CRPX.net 85$ bidder: first

Dynadot:
HXXH.net 112$

•••
That's possible but we already saw a member here drop 120 LLLL.com in one day and it had no effect on the market. Now someone dropping 1,000 or 10,000 in a short time might have an effect, but I doubt anyone holding that many domains would be foolish enough to do this, since it would depreciate their own sales.

A larger scale panic selloff is always a possibility, and it would surely affect prices short term, but unless the underlying market model changed prices would return once the selloff ended. So the strong hand would not just hold onto its assets during the downturn but vacuum up the cheap ones as well.

•••
some daily Godaddy results (for final price must add reg fee)
chjl.net $52 * (10 Bids)
gysw.net $45 * (9 Bids)
fzqt.net $52 * (7 Bids)
lyzg.net $63 * (13 Bids)
mhcz.net $55 * (10 Bids)
hgxy.net $75 (14 Bids)
jkzn.net $65 (12 Bids)

NAMEJET:
CRPX.net 85$ bidder: first

Dynadot:
HXXH.net 112$

I like seeing the HXXH as I picked up CXXC.net a few months back for $18.99.

I thought CHJL might go a little higher, but good prices all around.

•••
When I dropped my prices a little over a week ago, and sold not 120 in a day, but maybe 80 over a few days at too low prices, it actually perfectly coincided with this recent jump UP in prices, where we have seen the floor roughly double overnight. So I can say, at least here on NP, having someone lower prices on 100 or so names might actually cause the overall price to go up lol.

•••
@equity78 That HXXH jumped out at me as the best bargain on that list, too. ABBA should reach $300 anyway IMHO. Maybe $500. Who knows. But $112 feels undervalued now in the context of this market.

•••
@krx if you find someone who is panicking to sell 1K - 10K "chips" at a good price please send them my direction.
@Nat for what its worth I agree with your assessment of HXXH

•••
@krx if you find someone who is panicking to sell 1K - 10K "chips" at a good price please send them my direction.
@Nat for what its worth I agree with your assessment of HXXH

HXXH kick ass name!

•••
i think prices will start to go down a bit next week

I will believe it when I see it.
Like Nat said number of names caught going to the Auction is going up!

Dmcf.net
Dygw.net
Fsst.net
Fsxy.net
Gcnr.net
Hlcb.net
Jbzm.net
Jqjn.net
Jxfl.net
Jyqp.net
Kfcx.net
Mdtf.net
Mzjx.net
Qpwl.net
Qtfs.net
Slwz.net
Tbqp.net
Xlwz.net
Xxtm.net
Yhxc.net
Yqjd.net
Zffh.net
Zhhx.net
Zpgw.net

24 out of 24.

Makes me think that competition is only growing, and prices on this auctions are always jacked up.

So far today for 9 hours in China total money spent on LLLL.net = 130000 yuan.
Chinese LLLL.com = 20000, regular LLLL.com = 20000.

LLL.co, LLLL.top, .wang not even tracking. They might sell, but numbers are very obscure. They do track .cc and for the same 9 hours today only 1 LLLL.cc sold for 80 yuan.

I don't see strong competition from above mentioned zones, tbh,
LLLL.net remains hot area of spending at the moment, it just got there and taken the size of the niche 160000 - 30000 domains bought by one company, and the price $80-250, affordable for most resellers, it may stay in top 3 spending for a while.

Last edited:
•••
a modern day antique

"A modern day antique", which might be a very important reason that so many Chinese do NOT care about selling to the end users now. You might have known that many Chinese domainer have began to buy out 6N.com and even 7N, 8N.com. They do not expect to sell these number domain names to the end users. They just want to keep it, and might want to sell part of them for a much higher price in a few months and in a few years.

•••
Oh, boy, if 7-8n will become collective, than 4L.net will fly through the roof :)

•••
...... but I doubt anyone holding that many domains would be foolish enough to do this, since it would depreciate their own sales.
As I know, several rich Chinese domainers who have so many domain names are not fool, actually they are really very very clever.
Sometimes, I can hardly follow them ...

•••
"A modern day antique", which might be a very important reason that so many Chinese do NOT care about selling to the end users now. You might have known that many Chinese domainer have began to buy out 6N.com and even 7N, 8N.com. They do not expect to sell these number domain names to the end users. They just want to keep it, and might want to sell part of them for a much higher price in a few months and in a few years.

I think this statement is the most true of pattern domains, and the most dangerous aspect of it.

The good news is that I don't think the value is going to drop any time soon, rather it will increase quite a bit.

However, there will come a time when this activity folds in on itself with a mass sell off. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this is mirroring BitCoin activity. Sure there are differences, but there are more similarities than differences.

There have been many studies done about this behavior, and it's actually quite comical to watch because the research mirrors exactly what is going on right now. I wish I had the video, but a bunch of students were given a fictitious commodity and they were told to make as much money as possible.

Little by little, their commodity sold for more and more - and then more. Then at some point of max saturation someone decides to sell, others follow, then everyone follows - then the problem is inventory vs price. People start to short sell each other, and then the price falls drastically.

Let's work the logic for a second. So names without A,E,I,O,U,V are worth more. But why.... because they match potential PinYin acronyms? That's great, except for the fact that buyers do not expect to sell these number domain names to the end users. So what does it matter what letters are in the domain if they don't expect to sell to end users or have an actual use.

Therein lies the problem with the whole valuation of these names it's all based on a single narrative that is just being repeated by speculation.

I think everyone buying now will be fine, but you have to know when to sell - because when everyone else starts unloading for profits the price will drop sharply.

It could happen at any point.

A lot of people yammer about the 'finite' aspect of domains without realizing that there are/were also a finite number of bitcoins. At one point they were up to $900 USD per coin, and then free fell down to $175 and then back to $250 (+-20) where it stabilized.

It followed the same pattern.

4L.coms are awesome - any short domain is awesome - but the stable value will always be in end user use.

There will be a bag man in all of this. Don't be the bag man.

•••
I think this statement is the most true of pattern domains, and the most dangerous aspect of it.

The good news is that I don't think the value is going to drop any time soon, rather it will increase quite a bit.

However, there will come a time when this activity folds in on itself with a mass sell off. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this is mirroring BitCoin activity. Sure there are differences, but there are more similarities than differences.

There have been many studies done about this behavior, and it's actually quite comical to watch because the research mirrors exactly what is going on right now. I wish I had the video, but a bunch of students were given a fictitious commodity and they were told to make as much money as possible.

Little by little, their commodity sold for more and more - and then more. Then at some point of max saturation someone decides to sell, others follow, then everyone follows - then the problem is inventory vs price. People start to short sell each other, and then the price falls drastically.

Let's work the logic for a second. So names without A,E,I,O,U,V are worth more. But why.... because they match potential PinYin acronyms? That's great, except for the fact that buyers do not expect to sell these number domain names to the end users. So what does it matter what letters are in the domain if they don't expect to sell to end users or have an actual use.

Therein lies the problem with the whole valuation of these names it's all based on a single narrative that is just being repeated by speculation.

I think everyone buying now will be fine, but you have to know when to sell - because when everyone else starts unloading for profits the price will drop sharply.

It could happen at any point.

A lot of people yammer about the 'finite' aspect of domains without realizing that there are/were also a finite number of bitcoins. At one point they were up to $900 USD per coin, and then free fell down to $175 and then back to $250 (+-20) where it stabilized.

It followed the same pattern.

4L.coms are awesome - any short domain is awesome - but the stable value will always be in end user use.

There will be a bag man in all of this. Don't be the bag man.

I made enough research and knew that Chinese 4L.net have enough end users to support it, so I registered a lot of them and it really worths something now. Actually I sold one to an end-user for $2,000USD not long ago, and I often received offers from the end users.

I don't think 6N, 7N or 8N number domain names have enough end users' support, so I never registered any kind of numeric domain names. I agree with you that it is dangerous. But also there do have many Chinese domainers like these number domain names. It's very very hard to forcast the future of these number domain names.

•••
6-8N pattern domains (especially containing 8s) are rising way faster in value (relative to their past prices) than any LLLL.com/.net/etc.. just watch and compare the price floors.. also expired 6-8N domains are crazily auctioned off since past 2-3 weeks.. they started later than the LLLLs but are shooting up a lot stronger.. just do your research and know which patterns to buy.. pure length/shortness is irrelevant here once it goes beyond 4-5N...

ps: plus the pattern numbers are more evenly spread out between lots of different chinese investors as opposed to the LLLL's which are often grabbed in large amounts by fewer big chinese investors.. do your own research via Whoisology if you don't believe it..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back