NameSilo

Alert: Suspected Scammer here (Ewa). Urgent Action Needed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi All:

It is highly suspected that the member "Ewa" is a Scammer, some quick actions are needed to avoid more people be Scamed

I listed my domains for sale on the thread http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?p=2000325, the the member PM me to buy the domain t29.net yesterday. I replied to him, then he send payment quickly and I pushed the domain also in munutes.

But I got a mail from Paypal this morning to inform me that this is maybe a "unauthorized payment" and the funds has been hold.

Then I did a seach for the member and here what I find:
(His profile:http://www.namepros.com/member.php?u=59025):
He just joined in June 9th, 2007. Trade Rating was Zero that time (Currently "1" because I left that ). After his join, he doesn't post any new threads but very active to buy Domains from yesterday.

Besides PMed me to buy t29.net, he posted 5 buyer offers yesterday (details here http://www.namepros.com/search.php?searchid=1301887

It is very strange that a new join member to buy so many domains immediately, and he may PMed more members to "buy". I am afraid that other members also be Scamed already, and hope we could stop this asap.

I have posted the same under "Contact NP Management" section. Hope Mods to check more for this issue.

To Ewa,
If I am wrong (and I hope I am wrong...), I am serious sorry to you for hurting you by this thread. I have PMed you and I hope you would come to make needed clarification asap.

Thanks a lot!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The whois info for t29.net states:
Ewa Michalowska
+44.1189547398
Fax: -
540 Oxford Road Reading
Berkshire, RG30 1EG
GB

Quite strange that after he or she bought the domain, he does not get domain privacy.
Or a great newbie. Hope it will work out fine for you.

Alex

•••
Thaks for the alert

•••
•••
alexsimon said:
The whois info for t29.net states:
Ewa Michalowska
+44.1189547398
Fax: -
540 Oxford Road Reading
Berkshire, RG30 1EG
GB

Quite strange that after he or she bought the domain, he does not get domain privacy.
Or a great newbie. Hope it will work out fine for you.

Alex

:imho: I think the address is fake
if it is 540 Oxford Road Reading Berkshire
then the zip code should be RG30 1HF, not RG30 1EG

•••
Well, if the address is fake, then ICANN can take them back. It is easy (well not that easy but it is ok).

•••
I don't hear any explantation from this guy yet.

The domain I lost is not so big. Just hope he could not Scam more people here

•••
I sent them a PM , and then later closed the account for safety (They had placed offers/bids on other domains).

I hope they return and make this right - but unfortunately That doesn't always happen.

•••
There are lessons to be learned from this issue.

1. Paypal is not a safe payment method for sellers. There might be chargebacks. Looking at buyers trade rating and forum activity, if you can't trust the buyer don't accept paypal payments.

2. If the buyer can only pay by paypal there is a way around this if your domains are registered at namecheap. You can list your domain for sale at namecheap marketplace and buyer can buy it with paypal. The difference is, if funds are unauthorized or if the buyer issues a chargeback paypal will take back the payment, but you will not lose your domains. Namecheap will return the domains to your account.

Once a guy bought 10 of my namecheap domains with stolen paypal account. All domains were returned to my account within days.

For sales with a price bigger than 250 usd you should not use paypal at all unless you know the buyer very well. In that case I would escrow.com.

•••
ulasbbtr said:
:imho: I think the address is fake
if it is 540 Oxford Road Reading Berkshire
then the zip code should be RG30 1HF, not RG30 1EG

That does not necessarily mean the address is wrong. I live in Scotland and the flat I live in is fairly new and for some reason the postcode I was given when I move in companies refuse to recognise and they use a different postcode which is as the postcode in this case the last 2 letters out.

Hopefully this is just flagged wrong by paypal, it might be worth asking paypal what prompted the action. It might also be worth contacting the registrar, depending upon who the registrar is they may freeze the domain ensuring it cannot be transferred out.

•••
I strongly advise you ring them soon.

+44.1189547398

0115 9547398 for UK
+44 115 954 7398 for Abroad.
0044 115 954 7398 (also)

Just seperated these out so it's easier for you. Best of luck in recovering it (or just getting the payment :P)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back