NameSilo

discuss .AL Extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
It seems today there has been more auctions for .AL domains than I have seen in my entire time on NamePros. Any particular reason? What are your opinions on the extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A buyer on Sedo offered me $150 for one of my .al domains yesterday. I countered with a much higher price. The buyer upped their offer to a mere $250 and I cancelled negotiations at that point.

What kind of the domain? LL LLL NNN?

•••
•••
•••
•••
If it was qr would be much better

•••
Any more good news about this .AL ?

•••
•••
•••
•••

Renewal and Floral both strike me as strong hacks in the AL extension. Renew.al is really clean. Renew & Renewal in one domain. All sorts of uses from Licenses, to Domains, Medical Marijuana Recommendations, Skincare, Hair Products, Leisure activities... you name it. Love it.

It's interesting that you lumped them all together. Throwing in the lesser domains detracts attention from your prime real estate and adds unnecessary complications imo.

•••
I completely agree with you. I am looking for a quicker flip rather than going for each separately. It may be a lose from my side but Im looking to "earn" time.
I'm hoping for a low $1, xxx for all of them. Will see. :) finger crossed.

•••
Here's a nice sale reported for .al:

sonax.al 3,613 USD 2016-08-26 Sedo

•••
•••
Alright folks, I do have few LL.al renewal coming up soon .. Should I keep or drop :)

•••
Alright folks, I do have few LL.al renewal coming up soon .. Should I keep or drop :)
Keep every LL.al you own. Renewals are certainly cheap enough.

•••
i have

anatomic.al
auror.al
autobiographic.al
autumn.al
avow.al

•••
Received another low ball, $150 offer on Sedo this week for an LL.AL. The value of short domains and .al hacks will continue to increase over time. I countered with a significantly higher price and have not heard back.

•••
Received another low ball, $150 offer on Sedo this week for an LL.AL. The value of short domains and .al hacks will continue to increase over time. I countered with a significantly higher price and have not heard back.
Good decision imo. I have a small number of LL.al, maybe 10 or 15, which I will hold on to. I think they will do well.

•••
Are you guy gonna renew your LL.al ?

•••
•••
If you are renewing them, just transfer them to me :D
What do you mean by that?

Back to the thread - sold a LL[dot]al few days back - not such an impressive sale but still - $1499
Sedo is handling it. Buyer clicked the "buy now" directly on the site and got redirected to sedo.

Example landing with another domain I own:
http://www.fly.al/

•••
He wanted to say if jackchan isn't going to renew them.

•••
I really believe not renewing these would be a mistake.
I sold 5 so far to end users and about 15 or so to resellers (here on nP or other places).
All with profit of course.
[edit] actually 6 so far to end-users with the one that's being handled by sedo now

Last edited:
•••
Well done. You are very lucky or your strategy is good.

•••
There was no strategy involved except for one of the domains where I did reach out to the buyer.
All other end-user sales originated from the landing page (or maybe whois search) since there was no other marketing.
Reseller sales were mainly here on nP and 2 on flippa if I remember correctly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back