Domain Empire

Ahhhh why I prefer Linux to windows

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeh, i had around 9 months of server uptime with linux, then it went down twice, for around 2 minutes, within a week, and now its fine again :p

•••
I rarely let any Linux boxes of mine stay up for over 30-60 days without a kernel upgrade. I agree Linux > Windows. :tu:

•••
linux is a lot better for servers IMO. lot more things compatablie with linux than windows.

btw scott i like your avatar ;)

•••
*nix is much better, we get lots of advantages one is, being Linux an open source its easy for us to get help related to the core files, this kunda cooperation we will never get in microsoft products.

•••
Scott said:
I rarely let any Linux boxes of mine stay up for over 30-60 days without a kernel upgrade. I agree Linux > Windows. :tu:

well kernel upgrades where a bit thin on the ground last couple months and server was working fine so didnt want to risk breaking something that was working but its running latest kernel now, thats why i bounced it.

•••
Considering the weekly security updates for Windows generally require a reboot running a windows machine that long simply isn't viable. Besides, a windows server will invariably reboot all on it's own at least once every 60 days :)

•••
yeah i think i would prefer linux if/when i get a web server....... however i like to use ASP, which wouldn't be possible on a linux box

•••
wow, its nice, from my mind i always prefer windows rather than linux.

•••
my home server is currently sitting at 126 days but i have to shut it down tomorrow because i have builders in :'(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back