Dynadot

Ah, gotta love allposters

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Opened my mail yesterday and found a letter from allposters. A signed Christmas card from their staff... and in was... candycanes! No, just joking. Even better - a $100 check. Never a bad thing.
IN my opinion it's a great affiliate program. I always make a nice slice of cash each month and the staff is reliable and helpful.
I like it so much that I put together a very very very basic store - www.posteredge.com - and a very straightforward page of instructions - www.posteredge.com/instructions.htm

You should sign up! (naturally, if you signup from the link on posteredge.com, I'll help you out along the way).

Merry Christmas,
John

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
good luck! don't outbid me on google hahaha :p

•••
other than google adword, what other ad networks do you guys suggest? I want one that accepts paypal

•••
1rrr1 said:
other than google adword, what other ad networks do you guys suggest? I want one that accepts paypal
CasalMedia.com, Clicksor.com, and Fastclick.com all accept PayPal. :)

•••
i'm confused.. is this going to cost me money to try and get money? lol

•••
Dwayne said:
i'm confused.. is this going to cost me money to try and get money? lol
yes, but you can always try starting small.

•••
heh, screw that.. i dont even have money to spare ;\

•••
Beginners luck? Or....

So I put up a site about movie posters yesterday www.talkdvd.com and today I look at my allposters affiliate and I have 5 items sold for a commission of $16.00 Needless to say I am ecstatic, however...none of the items sold are "movie" posters. It seems a little strange that someone (I only got 1 click on adwords for 91 impressions) would come to my site about movie posters, then link to allposters, and buy 5 unrelated items. Any clue if I will really get paid?
:tu:

•••
Man thats pretty good, has the luck contiued?

•••
They don't report earnings until the next business day so I don't know. I am going to chalk it up to pure dumb luck though that I made that sale. There is no way that series of events could take place without luck involved. Heres what the customer bought which has nothing to do with the theme of my site:

12/13/2004 118760 Waterfall 1 $11.99
12/13/2004 308826 Manhattan in the Midst 1 $9.99
12/13/2004 358047 Tahiti - Opunohu Bay 1 $7.99
12/13/2004 374666 Porsche 911 Turbo 1 $8.99
12/13/2004 836081 Tiger Running Through Water 1 $11.99
:-/

•••
Hehe, allposters have really good stuff cant be that hard to make sales. But its not everyday ;D

•••
i dont understand why it cost money..

•••
Dwayne,

Its free to become an affilliate of allposters. But you need to get people to use your affiliate links to make any money. The way some people do this is to buy advertising like in the form of google adwords. This is the part that costs money.
D-:

You can also put links on your own websites to allposters and entice people to click on them. This is "free" (you need to have some kind of website set up) Allposters makes it very easy by making the links for you. You shoudl sign up for the affilliate program you have nothing to loose. Look at the instructions that Johnny has a few posts up for information about how the program works.

•••
mediaspree said:
They don't report earnings until the next business day so I don't know. I am going to chalk it up to pure dumb luck though that I made that sale. There is no way that series of events could take place without luck involved. Heres what the customer bought which has nothing to do with the theme of my site:

12/13/2004 118760 Waterfall 1 $11.99
12/13/2004 308826 Manhattan in the Midst 1 $9.99
12/13/2004 358047 Tahiti - Opunohu Bay 1 $7.99
12/13/2004 374666 Porsche 911 Turbo 1 $8.99
12/13/2004 836081 Tiger Running Through Water 1 $11.99
:-/
so how much did you spend on google adword?

•••
$0.52 spent so far on adwords :laugh:

Last edited:
•••
•••
mediaspree said:
$0.52 spent so far on adwords :laugh:

Man, that's ridiculously good. Like a 32 to 1 return on investment. I'm jealous. Sure hope you signed up through me, lol. Seriously, don't be upset if you can't keep that ratio going - that's extremely ridiculously high. :)

Dwayne, I don't see what the problem is... you have to advertise to sell your goods right? That's how this whole business thing works, right?

Good luck media - as far as if you'll still get credit because they aren';t posters that are on your site, of course you will!! It just means that people clicked through to allposters from your site and then decided to buy something there.

Cheers,
John

www.posteredge.com
www.posteredge.com/instructions.htm

•••
Right, I was just wondering if it was somehow fradulent. Like you said that ratio is too good to be true...unfortunatly I already had an allposters affiliate account but you inspired me to actually use it. if only there was someway to repay you.
:talk:

•••
mediaspree said:
Dwayne,

Its free to become an affilliate of allposters. But you need to get people to use your affiliate links to make any money. The way some people do this is to buy advertising like in the form of google adwords. This is the part that costs money.
D-:

You can also put links on your own websites to allposters and entice people to click on them. This is "free" (you need to have some kind of website set up) Allposters makes it very easy by making the links for you. You shoudl sign up for the affilliate program you have nothing to loose. Look at the instructions that Johnny has a few posts up for information about how the program works.

okay so i just sign up and its free to make money, and it will ONLY cost me to advertise?

•••
It doesn't have to cost you. It is just easier to pay for the advertising
Dwayne said:
mediaspree said:
Dwayne,

D-:

okay so i just sign up and its free to make money, and it will ONLY cost me to advertise?

•••
Dwayne said:

You were expecting Santa to give you a wad of cash? You find a nice free advertising site, I'd love to hear about it. If you have a site that gets tons of traffic, you can put links on there, that's about the only free way you can go about things.

•••
well i'll pay for advertising once i get money :P

•••
Dwayne said:
well i'll pay for advertising once i get money :P
good luck. Where is your site?

•••
dont have one yet, gotta thinking of a name :X

•••
Dwayne said:
dont have one yet, gotta thinking of a name :X
you don't have to. I just used www.dhost.biz/posters.htm . Just added to clicksor. Let's see how it goes. btw, anthony1, what kind of keywords do you use?

•••
heh, do i need a host? or just NS

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back