IT.COM

Afternic * Your account is suspended, please contact customer service.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jehad Mohd

Established Member
Impact
Hello
I tried to open my account but Afternic suspended it today , I sold a domain name 10 days ago and its transferred and sale completed , but i didnt get payment for it , yesterday i got sale alert for another domain and they ask me for the Auth code , Domain need 16 days so i can transfer it from Godaddy , I sent them that i can push the domain to your account at Godaddy.com , they told me to push it and i did that .
Iam trying to contact them now ,, to fix that
:(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I called Afternic customers services and they told me that they cant help me with that and i must contact them by email only , i sent them an email and im waiting for their help
They told me our Fraud department want to check for your account and its may take 72 hours
I have even messaged @Joe Styler about my account suspension. I am awaiting his reply and I believe he would help me out through reinstating my Afternic account.
Can anybody guide if I have missed out something that has somehow violated Afternic TOS in any way, as I believe I would not get into any such activity in any way.

•••
From my findings, once you sell a name within transfer lock, your account is not safe with afternic. I honestly don't understand why they operate that way.

I have received offers on names under transfer lock, which I couldn't respond to. The way they suspended account in this scenario is tiring

Last edited:
•••
From my findings, once you sell a name within transfer lock, your account is not safe with afternic. I honestly don't understand why they operate that way.

I have received offers on names under transfer lock, which I couldn't respond to. The way they suspended account in this scenario is tiring
I pushed the domain as they ask to Afternic account at Godaddy ,and in the same day after the transfer completed they suspended my account .. what is that means , also they said to me at phone that fraud department who should i contact , but still no answer from fraud department..
I hope they reopen it ASAP ..

•••
@Joe Styler will get this solved only if your account compiled with their TOS....
Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
Dear Customer,

Your Afternic membership has been permanently suspended due to repeated, egregious violations of the Membership Agreement and Terms of Service. No further information will be provided, the decision is final, and we consider this matter closed.

Sincerely,

Václav R.
Afternic Support Group
service@afternic
866-351-9586
I replied
You must explain to me everything . And you must send to me the payments for 2 domains already sold and transfered to the buyers accounts..
Xxxxorg
Xxxxxme
What are the egregious violations ???
This is my rights and you are not the one who decides to close my account and freeze my money and say that you do not want to tell me anything
It is not fair to close my account and not send me my money of the domains that sold after the transfer completed
You have to send money and then tell me that you do not want to reopen my account.

•••
Your Afternic membership has been permanently suspended due to repeated, egregious violations of the Membership Agreement and Terms of Service. .
Be honest here, how many times have you had issues with Afternic, either suspensions or failed transfers or something like that ?

Also, how much was the price of each sale ?

•••
Be honest here, how many times have you had issues with Afternic, either suspensions or failed transfers or something like that ?

Also, how much was the price of each sale ?
This is first time
I sold +25 domains before , but they answering me with stranfe way and no one talking about my money.
I hope they send them ASAP
Prices 2800$ and 2790$

Last edited:
•••
This is first time
I sold +25 domains before , but they answering me with stranfe way and no one talking about my money.
I hope they send them ASAP
Prices 2800$ and 2790$
Thank you for your reply. So, if I understand you sold a .ME and a .ORG domain for about $2800 each. Both were registered less than 60 days.

If you go to the registrar where you bought the domains, do you still see YOU as the owner ? Is it still in your account ?

Godaddy and Afternic are 2 different companies. If Afternic says it was sold AND transferred, it does not mean it was transferred, some times that is just Afternic's information. I have "sold and transferred" domains before that did not really transfer.

Go to your domain registrar and let us know if you still have control of both domains.

Last edited:
•••
Don't worry before you someone faced same issue and after few days he recovered his account.
importantly it's really a big problem of our domainer i think afternic should also allow push if 60 days lock.

•••
Thank you for your reply. So, if I understand you sold a .ME and a .ORG domain for about $2800 each. Both were registered less than 60 days.

If you go to the registrar where you bought the domains, do you still see YOU as the owner ? Is it still in your account ?

Godaddy and Afternic are 2 different companies. If Afternic says it was sold AND transferred, it does not mean it was transferred, some times that is just Afternic's information. I have "sold and transferred" domains before that did not really transfer.

Go to your domain registrar and let us know if you still have control of both domains.
First , the domains registered 1 year ago but one of them i buoght it before less than 2 months .
Second thing the first domain .org has been transfered to the buyer and i contacted the buyer at name .com the second domain Afternic told me to push it to their Godaddy account and i pushed it, they confirmed the transfer .so the both domains transfered from my account
Thank you , im waiting for a reply from ta@afternic .com to tell me when they will pay me

•••
You have no money coming. Your account looks extremely suspicious to me. I can see why they made that call. We were not paid for the domains you sold to the buyers. There were several charge backs from various parties. There is no money and we will not be re-opening the account. When things like this happen we sometimes involve the authorities as well for them to investigate.

How can anyone get the money back from your company after you verfied his payment and transfer the domain ??????.

Also its not my job to collects the funds , you are taking 20% for make sure that you pay the seller and give buyer his item, so you resposable for any charge back for any orders not the seller , and i will talk with a lawyer to let you know how to send the money for me , i know whats is my rights ... no one in your company can say i dont have money in my account because iam recording everything for that..

If all orders got chargeback you will pay me for any domain you asked me to transfer it .

I know what are the seller rights and i know that any problem with payments is not my bussiness ...

You will pay me even you dont want to because its my money

•••
Afternic will ban your account, withhold your payment and provide no reason whatsoever.

Happened to me, happened to others...

•••
wow wait a minute

you sold "only" 25 domains with them before? thats not nothing

how did that go? all got paid and zero problems with those or what?

I mean the thing you gotta understand here is that if they write you an email like this... "repeated violations... final decision"... then its not because you've done nothing wrong.

maybe you did some wrong things and then you forgot you did it.

•••
You should talk with a laywer and they will pay you if you transfered the domain, i will take my money from them its just a time .. we are not in a jungle

•••
wow wait a minute

I mean the thing you gotta understand here is that if they write you an email like this... "repeated violations... final decision"... then its not because you've done nothing wrong.

I didnt receive any email like this before , they just closed my account today ,BTW they sent an email yesterday to ask me to push domain to their Godaddy account , and i pushed it
After that they closed my account , they have the rights to not deal with me and told me dont sell domains by us , but they must pay for my sold and transfered domains

•••
wow wait a minute

Yes this sounds really dodgy to me you wouldn't get that kind of email for doing nothing like Jo says you won't get the money really pointless posting this thread they are not going to do anything....

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like you tried scamming the system and it caught up with you.....

•••
I didnt receive any email like this before , they just closed my account today ,BTW they sent an email yesterday to ask me to push domain to their Godaddy account , and i pushed it
After that they closed my account , they have the rights to not deal with me and told me dont sell domains by us , but they must pay for my sold and transfered domains

well I don't know the whole story... but if you sold 25 names with them before with zero problems.. then I don't really know what you did wrong.

I mean they are not in the stealing business. to take your names, sell them to buyer, and keep the money. they have a big business going on and reputation to protect.

so far you said nothing abotu the problems you had with them. you only said stuff that went smoothly.

but maybe if you say which problems you had, even if they seem small to you, then people can help you see whast you did wrong or how you violated tos.

I never heard before anyone have accoutn suspended on afternic.. or anywhere for that mater for doing absolutely never nothing wrong.

but... I did see a ton of stories from newly joined np members saying things similar to you which in the end always turned out to be the members fault of some kind. which of course doesn't mean your like that.. but the odds aren't on your side lets say. gl.

Last edited:
•••
Yes this sounds really dodgy to me you wouldn't get that kind of email for doing nothing like Jo says you won't get the money really pointless posting this thread they are not going to do anything....
Thank you

•••
well I don't know the whole story... but if you sold 25 names with them before with zero problems.. then I don't really know what you did wrong.

I mean they are not in the stealing business. to take your names, sell them to buyer, and keep the money. they have a big business going on and reputation to protect.

so far you said nothing abotu the problems you had with them. you only said stuff that went smoothly.

but maybe if you say which problems you had, even if they seem small to you, then people can help you see whast you did wrong or how you violated tos.

I never heard before anyone have accoutn suspended on afternic.. or anywhere for that mater for doing absolutely never nothing wrong.

but... I did see a ton of stories from newly joined np members saying things similar to you which in the end always turned out to be the members fault of some kind. which of course doesn't mean your like that.. but the odds aren't on your side lets say. gl.
The problem as Jo said they got acharge back ..

•••
ah sorry.

I missed that info cause Joe didn't post directly on this thread.. and I missed when you quoted him.

ok well so now everyone has problem ..u and them... cause no one is gettng paid (commissions and sale prices) cause everything reverts to card owner by chargeback.

who are your buyers do you know and do you know which or how many of your 25-30 sales got chargedback?

•••
I know some of buyers came from where , but not all of them .. also afternic support didnt told me whats the domain or domains got charge back

•••
Joe Styler said:
You have no money coming. Your account looks extremely suspicious to me. I can see why they made that call. We were not paid for the domains you sold to the buyers. There were several charge backs from various parties. There is no money and we will not be re-opening the account. When things like this happen we sometimes involve the authorities as well for them to investigate.
The proverbial RED FLAG rears it's head.

There can only be 2 reasons here.

1. Duplicate processing error

2. Fraudulent behaviour (stolen cards or charge backs being timed to kick in after domain transfer.)

Option 1 is out of the equation according to what Joe Styler stated in his last sentence.

Afternic will ban your account, withhold your payment and provide no reason whatsoever.
Happened to me, happened to others...

If this is some other kind of error then it is quite a drastic way to deal with it.

•••
I know some of buyers came from where , but not all of them .. also afternic support didnt told me whats the domain or domains got charge back

well.. if afternic got hit with chargebacks .. and they paid from their pocket and ate losses.. while you kept money.. then no matter what, they just can't keep doing this forever... so they prefer to close accounts which cost them too much money.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back