advice Afternic Sales Landing Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CakeCode

Top Member
Impact
Hi Guys

I need some help with Afternic sales page

I am new to using Afternic ... though I am not a big fan of their UI but my parked domains are getting good exposure with their premium network integration.

Cut to the chase.

I have listed around 20 of my domains on Afternic, Parked and with a BIN price.

But when I type the domain name in the browser I am seeing the Landing page with Ads but I dont see the Price I l listed

I there a way to see the Landing Page display the BIN price I set ?

I guess I explained my concern correctly

your help is appreciated .

itgo.PNG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In addition to that available stats:

It was very useful for me in all outbound marketed domains, since one day after I send emails to all potential buyers I have insights how interested they were not only to my domain, but to email alone.

Of course, before I start with outbound marketing, I forward domain with BIN I like sometimes to my website, sometimes to Afternic / DNS BIN lander (or make offer page, depends on my strategy in opening e mail).

•••
if you redirect to aftrnicc or other urls through bodis, stats will not show up on bodis.

however, when I redirect ot other urls like aftrnic etc. I do so through above.com
and it seems to show stats on above!

cheers

•••
Guys ,

Just got a reply from the Afternic support team, regarding the slow loading of the sales landing page.

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

Thank you for contacting Afternic support. I have brought this up to our department head and will work with developers to investigate further. Thank you for your feedback.

Please reach out to us if you have any other questions.

Regards,

xxxxx
Aftermarket Support

•••
Guys ,

Just got a reply from the Afternic support team, regarding the slow loading of the sales landing page.

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

Thank you for contacting Afternic support. I have brought this up to our department head and will work with developers to investigate further. Thank you for your feedback.

Please reach out to us if you have any other questions.

Regards,

xxxxx
Aftermarket Support

I had similar issues with efty where the landing pages were taking 5/6 seconds to load and they haven't fixed it yet (although they told me many times it's high up on the agenda).

If Afternic really do look into this and speed up the landers/BIN page i'd seriously consider listing and forwarding everything over to them as I really like Afternic's set up.

Just to try and summarise this for me can anyone briefly tell me how you can bulk forward domains to Afternic's for sale pages/BIN pages in a few simple steps please?

Thank you

•••
I had similar issues with efty where the landing pages were taking 5/6 seconds to load and they haven't fixed it yet (although they told me many times it's high up on the agenda).

If Afternic really do look into this and speed up the landers/BIN page i'd seriously consider listing and forwarding everything over to them as I really like Afternic's set up.

Just to try and summarise this for me can anyone briefly tell me how you can bulk forward domains to Afternic's for sale pages/BIN pages in a few simple steps please?

Thank you

there is no quick way to bulk forward unless you have all dn on same regitrar and yoru registrar supports bulk url forward. then its easy. else.. if dn all over place.. or registrar no support for bulk url forward.. then it's no longer "quick".

and then the better quicker solution beomes to forwrd all dns to bodis or above.com.. and with few clicks bulk forward wherever u want

so I recommend you open bodis or above accdounts.

or ideally both.. which is what I have.

bodis lets u forward to url without parkede page.. using the links I gave earlier nad putting {domain_name} at the end.

for above... u use same links.. and $D at the end instead.

gl

•••

Thank you
Did you see the thread by Zandibot about bulk forwarding to Afternic?
If you didn't, then HERE it is.
There are few different ways, you will see in thread.

I use Uniregistry to forward since I like to receive traffic stats, but I had to do everything manually and that is lot of work.
If you don't care about traffic stats, then you can use one of described solutions in above mentioned thread and forward all domains in just few clicks.

•••
there is no quick way to bulk forward unless you have all dn on same regitrar and yoru registrar supports bulk url forward. then its easy. else.. if dn all over place.. or registrar no support for bulk url forward.. then it's no longer "quick".

and then the better quicker solution beomes to forwrd all dns to bodis or above.com.. and with few clicks bulk forward wherever u want

so I recommend you open bodis or above accdounts.

or ideally both.. which is what I have.

bodis lets u forward to url without parkede page.. using the links I gave earlier nad putting {domain_name} at the end.

for above... u use same links.. and $D at the end instead.

gl

Saw your post on the other thread and did exactly what you recommended at Bodis and it worked instantly for all my domains. Just changed it up to the for sale page instead of BIN page. :)

Cheers

•••
Saw your post on the other thread and did exactly what you recommended at Bodis and it worked instantly for all my domains. Just changed it up to the for sale page instead of BIN page. :)

Cheers

cool
I stick to bodis sale landers cause afternic doens't do adult plus its bit slow.

but I agree bodis kicksass cause it lets redirect in one sec and 2 clicks to wherever you want.

as far as I know tghere is no better way

nonetheless, there is a big advantage to doing same url forward via above.com if ever you run into situiation where you need your url forward to be masked..

above.com lets u mask it.. bodis does not
in case of afternic forward mask no matter cause domain name still shows on address bar... but.. in some cases it may matter.

hope this helps

gl

•••
cool
I stick to bodis sale landers cause afternic doens't do adult plus its bit slow.

but I agree bodis kicksass cause it lets redirect in one sec and 2 clicks to wherever you want.

as far as I know tghere is no better way

nonetheless, there is a big advantage to doing same url forward via above.com if ever you run into situiation where you need your url forward to be masked..

above.com lets u mask it.. bodis does not
in case of afternic forward mask no matter caue it sstill show domain bar... but.. in some cases it may matter.

hope this helps

gl

massive help thank you!

•••
I do the exact same thing bud,

How do I see the traffic on Uniregistry though ?

Sorry too many silly questions, pardon me I am a new bie
Once you go to your portfolio ,you can click on any domain and you will find 3 tabs-Sales Summary,parking and Settings.What's amazing how detailed and self explanatory these tabs are.You can also edit columns to include ones like Avg. daily traffic

•••
Once you go to your portfolio ,you can click on any domain and you will find 3 tabs-Sales Summary,parking and Settings.What's amazing how detailed and self explanatory these tabs are.You can also edit columns to include ones like Avg. daily traffic

Thanks buddy ,

•••
@alcy, is there a way to bulk forward my domains at godaddy to the afternic for sale landing pages (without bodis) and if so how please?

•••
@alcy, is there a way to bulk forward my domains at godaddy to the afternic for sale landing pages (without bodis) and if so how please?

sorry.. not possible.. like I said I use bodis or above.com (I recommend you do only above.com)... so I had forgot about GD. u can't pass domain parameters through GD. just redirect to same url for all. if doing it in bulk.

just open above.com
5 mins and your set for life.
bodis fine too except you cannot redirect with masked url on bodis.. if ever u need that. gl!

Last edited:
•••
•••
you're right. edited post above. gl.

•••
Am I missing something?
Since afternic charges crazy commissions if you sell the name

20% ($15 minimum)
$0 to $5000
$1,000 +15% of amount over $5k
$5,001 to $25,000
$4,000 +10% of amount over $25k
$25,000 and over

wouldnt it be best to just list your name with afternic in their marketplace?
if the market place sells it then they earned their commission.
but why would you want to forward your domain traffic to their sales page? Many of the parking sites offer a free sales page and charge no commision if you sell the name with them.

If the buyer comes from afternic marketplace I can see they earned their % but if the buyer goes directly to your site why would you want to share the commision with afternic.

•••
Am I missing something?
Since afternic charges crazy commissions if you sell the name

20% ($15 minimum)
$0 to $5000
$1,000 +15% of amount over $5k
$5,001 to $25,000
$4,000 +10% of amount over $25k
$25,000 and over

wouldnt it be best to just list your name with afternic in their marketplace?
if the market place sells it then they earned their commission.
but why would you want to forward your domain traffic to their sales page? Many of the parking sites offer a free sales page and charge no commision if you sell the name with them.

If the buyer comes from afternic marketplace I can see they earned their % but if the buyer goes directly to your site why would you want to share the commision with afternic.

This is exactly how I feel. Not going to pay them if someone finds me directly. Now I have to figure out how to list with them and yet point elsewhere. How can one do that?

Nameservers have to be pointed to Afternic to list with them, correct? So would the best (only) way to point elsewhere be to use the "forward" feature? Any other options?

•••
This is exactly how I feel. Not going to pay them if someone finds me directly. Now I have to figure out how to list with them and yet point elsewhere. How can one do that?

Nameservers have to be pointed to Afternic to list with them, correct? So would the best (only) way to point elsewhere be to use the "forward" feature? Any other options?

Nameservers don't have to be pointed to Afternic to list with them. Just add the names, set the pricing info, and you're good to go.

•••
Nameservers don't have to be pointed to Afternic to list with them. Just add the names, set the pricing info, and you're good to go.

Unbelievable. My VIP GD acct manager told me otherwise months ago. So I thought I had no choice. Here was the convo:

Me: "And may I unpark the names? Just show "for sale" landing pages instead? Or are my only options to park with afternic or a competitor?"

GD VIP rep: "Unfortunately not. If you’re pointing to Afternic nameservers, they will automatically be added to cash parking. There is no way to separate the two at this time. You can find more info on Afternic’s parking service at https://www.afternic.com/domain-parking.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
xxxxx xxxxxx"

•••
Unbelievable. My VIP GD acct manager told me otherwise months ago. So I thought I had no choice. Here was the convo:

Me: "And may I unpark the names? Just show "for sale" landing pages instead? Or are my only options to park with afternic or a competitor?"

GD VIP rep: "Unfortunately not. If you’re pointing to Afternic nameservers, they will automatically be added to cash parking. There is no way to separate the two at this time. You can find more info on Afternic’s parking service at https://www.afternic.com/domain-parking.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
xxxxx xxxxxx"

Yeah, that's not a very informative answer. Basically you have a few options... Either park with them and point the nameservers there, list with them (no parking) and point the nameservers or set a redirect to the landing page, or just list with them and point the nameservers to your own landing page.

An earlier poster made a great point that creating your own landing page is a great way to go... That way you're avoiding the Afternic commission if the buyer directly navigates to your domain.

•••

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
xxxxx xxxxxx"
I get a request once every four months to move my portfolio to afternic or unireg....

this one just came in this week
--------------

Hi
I wanted to make contact to discuss transferring your domain names to Uniregistry.com and the associated benefits of using our platform, such as:

• Personal Account Management
  • Competitive Pricing
  • FREE WHOIS Privacy
  • Powerful platform to manage and organize your domains
  • Mobile App (Android and iOS)
  • Marketplace and Monetization
If this is of interest I'd be happy to set you up with preferential pricing. To proceed, I'd need a bit more information about your portfolio such as how many domains you currently own and what extensions etc.

We could probably cover this on a quick call. What's the best time to call and what number should I use?

Let me know how I can help.

Best,

I replied and said I use the system I built with zero commisions and no reply.

•••
im a little bias but i think all parked domains should have a bin button. a well optimized page can increase offers by over 100%

•••
Amazingly Afternic just came out with free landers that come without parking! Just point to ns3.afternic.com and ns4.afternic.com and off we go. I swapped all my names listed with them to this... hopefully this helps sales.

•••
Amazingly Afternic just came out with free landers that come without parking! Just point to ns3.afternic.com and ns4.afternic.com and off we go. I swapped all my names listed with them to this... hopefully this helps sales.
any example please

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back