IT.COM

domain Afternic requests Auth. for PleuralMesotheliomas.com! Help?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello guys,
Need your help. What does this mean? I know I should just contact me registrar about this but thought I'd ask as I'm a little excited. I was sent a request by my registrar to list PleuralMesotheliomas.com over at Afternic.

what does this mean? Someone is interested? Pleural Mesothelioma is Cancer niche.

First time for me.

So....when I authorize what happens next usually? I don't have a price for it yet. How much should I ask?

since this is a domain where mesothelioma is at thee end I assume only sales where mesothelioma at the end is worth mentioning or should I factor in also where mesothelioma is in the front?

mesothelioma.co 76,000 USD 2010-09-29 .CO Landrush Auctions
asbestoscancermesothelioma.com 6,478 USD 2010-08-23 Sedo
whatismesothelioma.org 3,000 USD 2010-12-01 Sedo
aboutmesothelioma.com 2,500 USD 2009-12-09 Sedo
4mesothelioma.com 2,222 USD 2010-12-15 Sedo
asbestosmesothelioma.com 2,188 USD 2007-03-27 Private
californiamesothelioma.com 1,888 USD 2013-07-08 Afternic
mesothelioma.biz 1,500 USD 2011-01-17 Sedo
whatismesothelioma.com 1,250 USD 2011-01-12 Sedo
sarcomatoidmesothelioma.com 900 USD 2011-02-01 Sedo
mesothelioma.io 782 USD 2015-02-15 Park.io
advice-mesothelioma.com 550 USD 2007-03-13 Sedo
texasmesothelioma.com 295 USD 2015-07-20 GoDaddy
diagnosismesothelioma.com 199 USD 2015-08-30 Flippa

There is a website on PleuralMesothelioma.com

Could this be possible that website? or perhaps a Law Firm?

I mean this is out of the blue. Whoever it is. Is reaching out to me for it from out of the dark. That being said should I automatically slap a $50,000 ask for it? or heck $100,000?

I know that's a newbie move but is it?

This is a semi brandable domain except Mesotheliomas is plural for a domain that normally (proper english) isn't ever used with an "S" at thee end. or is it?

as it stands Mesotheliomas only gets 145,000 results. but Mesothelioma gets 7 million results.

but on Google Keyword planner.

for some reason Mesothelioma gets 201,000 searches per month and so does Mesotheliomas.

Pleural Mesothelioma gets only 4400 searches per month.

as far is Afternic. What's their "cut"?

I've never had any Afternic listings. how does this work? I authorize. then what? I tell them what I want for it? and they counter via Afternic? or does Afternic have an auction feature like Sedo and godaddy?

Help?

this could be the big one. maybe?

thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I called Afternic. Sad to say. It was a glitch. The Afternic rep said "someone" had submitted my domain to Afternic. but I told them I never did this. nor did I come up with the price of $8750.

She deleted it. And explained that no one asked to put this domain on Afternic for the purpose of purchasing. Back to the drawing board! lol I need some cheap liquor at a dive bar. lol Wild Turkey anyone? lol Thanks for all the input.

•••
I called Afternic. Sad to say. It was a glitch. The Afternic rep said "someone" had submitted my domain to Afternic. but I told them I never did this. nor did I come up with the price of $8750.

Yeah, it's like i thought at first.
It's weird, before to ask the registrar about the fast-transfer or whatever, they should check the whois information, and they usually do, i always have to manually confirm any domain with active privacy.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back