Domain Empire

Afternic price request

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HandmadeLife

Established Member
Impact
Hello my friends

what do you do when you get Price Request from afternic for a make offer domain ?

do you put a buy now price ?

Contact Afternic ?

in other words, how did Price Request turn into a successful sale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It corresponds to 20 USD offer at Sedo. But it is better, because at Sedo you respond and noone else sees your response (price), and you enter a binding situation for 1 week also you can't add a public price for 1 week because you can't cancel negotiation without responding, and if you respond you have to wait 1 week or until you get a response (which allows you to cancel the negotiation), and at Afternic, if you add a BIN everyone sees it.
Bad thing here (imo):
endusers don't go to AN, they go to GD, and GD agents make that request, and your response goes to GD agents, and they may ignore your response, and not tell the buyer about it (or ask higher price?), but buyers can still see your price if they make a search (not always). Good side of Sedo (or maybe bad side of it), agents secure a price at Sedo by negotiating, and that price is between you and the agent, and they also try to secure funds (higher amount)
on buyer side, and if the buyer doesn't pay, the agent doesn't pay either. And Sedo is aware of this situation, but they consider this as an advantage although they don't get the whole commission (buyer's payment minus what the seller gets). I mean, this is a theory which explains many things at once: lowballs, unpaid sales, and domains which are reasonably priced but still can't be sold because of a midguy's greed or ignorance, and hiding buyer's info from sellers although buyers don't care.

Last edited:
•••
I never had a buy request turn into a sale even with low priced names. I continue to add a price when they come in just in case.

•••
How are price request working for you guys?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back