Dynadot

Afternic—Make an Offer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Don’t know in which Discussion l should post this question. What l do know is that l will soon receive a very polite Alert, sooner than later, from the ever-vigilant NamePros staff telling me my message is in the wrong Discussion and has
been placed inWherever.

I decided to list my domains in Afternic, as l read great reviews—mostly—about it. After typing almost 100 domain names, l went to their listing of my domain names and could find no place to indicate “Make an Offer.” Obviously, like many such companies, Afternic prefers Buy It Now designations.

However, l didn’t, as l have many of the same domain names as BIN on Sedo; thus, l emailed Afternic on its “Contact Us” form asking, “How Come No Buy Now?”

After finishing my message, l sent my query, l thought. Instead, l received a message from
Afternic telling me l screwed up the CAPTCHA!

Say what!? I mean not even one of those imbecile puzzles like, how many squares show dead bodies in them—but simply pressing the Captcha button!!! Humiliated and frustrated, as l had written a rather long message, l clicked back on the “Contact Us” button—vowing to get the Captcha right.

Well, l was taken back to the e-mail form—but guess what—my message disappeared! GR-r-r!
Very unprofessional for an, ostensible, top-tier company! Can you say unprofessional!?

Anyway, can someone please tell me if Afternic provides a “Make an Offer” option—and, if so, how do l track it down?

Thanking you in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
can someone please tell me if Afternic provides a “Make an Offer” option—and, if so, how do l track it down?
Hi @Lewstar

In Afternic if you enter no price in the Buy Now column (or delete a price if you had one) it will show as Make Offer when the person looks at your domain on the Afternic marketplace.

You can still fill in a minimum offer in Minimum Offer column if you want people to only be able to make an offer above a certain level. Views vary on this, some feeling that only reasonably high minimum should be allowed to reduce number of non-serious queries while others feel that a lower threshold may lead to an acceptable level ultimately.

You probably know this, but to get to all your already entered domains in Afternic you log into account and then in the selections on the left column choose Portfolio: All Domains

Bob

•••
Hi @Lewstar

In Afternic if you enter no price in the Buy Now column (or delete a price if you had one) it will show as Make Offer when the person looks at your domain on the Afternic marketplace.

You can still fill in a minimum offer in Minimum Offer column if you want people to only be able to make an offer above a certain level. Views vary on this, some feeling that only reasonably high minimum should be allowed to reduce number of non-serious queries while others feel that a lower threshold may lead to an acceptable level ultimately.

You probably know this, but to get to all your already entered domains in Afternic you log into account and then in the selections on the left column choose Portfolio: All Domains

Bob
I do have a quick question please.

After the godaddy auctions policy change, now all domains should be listed on afternic, but what i'm asking for is: is it possible to make a homepage listing featured on godaddy auctions? as I can't see any option to buy a featured listing on afternic.com, so it can be shown on 1st page on Godaddy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back