IT.COM

Afternic listings don't show up on GoDaddy.

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
I was asked to respond to a price request for a new tld listed on Afternic. I posted a fixed price.
Godaddy should know about it. But when I search for the exact domain, Godaddy says, taken but we can help..
Should we list on Godaddy separately then..

Can't edit the title. It should have been
Not all AN listings appear on GD

I suspect when we respond to price requests, buyers are not informed unless they made their inquiry via Afternic. If true, this explains, why prcie requests almost never lead to sales. Godaddy seems to have two separate personalities, Godaddy and Afternic. Godaddy for buyers, Afternic for sellers. Godaddy connects buyers to Godaddy, Afternic connects sellers to Godaddy. But buyers and sellers can't be connected unless both are domainers. Just a theory.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably, Afternic DLS distribution works only for legacy TLDs.
List on GD...

•••
What is the extension? Some extensions won't show up with its price tag even if you list it with godaddy.

•••
•••
Probably, Afternic DLS distribution works only for legacy TLDs.
List on GD...
not really, you can list new gTLDs on afternic and they will show up on godaddy as well

BUT

Some extensions won't show up with its price tag even if you list it with godaddy.

•••
Could be a good idea to list it on godaddy and see if it is showing up. If not it might be another extension that godaddy won't show price on their site. Can you update us if it works after posting on godaddy?

•••
@Joe Styler why some extensions doesn't show up the listed sale price on Godaddy?

Last edited:
•••
This process is also not instant...
Check GD at least 48h after you listed on Afternic...

•••
This process is also not instant...
Check GD at least 48h after you listed on Afternic...
No it should be instant or max few minutes. I have updated my price recently and they showed up couple of mins later on gd.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know how it is nowadays...
But in previous years were delays up to 2 days... with legacy domains...

•••
I don't know how it is nowadays...
But in previous years were delays up to 2 days... with legacy domains...
I did it on goadaddy tho but it updated the price on afternic instantly. It should be working vice versa

•••
I don't mean the price update if domain was already listed...
I'm talking about NEW listings at Afternic with BINs... From my experience, even if they were fully active in Afternic account within minutes - were long delays to show them at GD...

•••
No it should be instant or max few minutes. I have updated my price recently and they showed up couple of mins later on gd.
While most of my price updates happen quickly, I had one case recently where price of a domain was changed in Afternic but not updated for several days on GD.

•••
While most of my price updates happen quickly, I had one case recently where price of a domain was changed in Afternic but not updated for several days on GD.
don't understand how people have different experience. For me it was just instant

•••
We allow for 48 hours to change the price. Most times it is faster but there are variables.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back