IT.COM

Afternic Lead Center Status = "Confused" - Meaning?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm new to Afternic so forgive me if the meaning and import of the Lead Center Status being "Confused" is common knowledge but . . well . . maybe I'm not confused but I am a bit . . muddled.

What the heck? "Confused"? How does this status even enter the system?

What is anyone confused about? Maybe unhappy, as in "I'd like your $$,$$$ domain for free or for $10."

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks, forge, for taking the time to reply.

It's just so . . weird(?) . . to have a system that reports a "Confused" status without filtering / requiring ANY input concerning the nature or source of the visitor's / bot's "confusion".

I might help to clear up someone's confusion IF they took the time to . . ummm . . clarify their confusion. :p

Argh. Sigh

•••
I can't speak for Afternic but personally over the decades I've gotten random stuff like people looking not to buy my financial related domain name for sale but actually filling out their info and requesting a loan etc... so that would probably qualify as confused.

•••
I can't speak for Afternic but personally over the decades I've gotten random stuff like people looking not to buy my financial related domain name for sale but actually filling out their info and requesting a loan etc... so that would probably qualify as confused.
Yeah this is relatively common for certain niches. Also some landers attract these types of messages more than others.

"Confused" means it was a bot or a person who had no intentions to buy your domain.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @Jeff_Libert!
The 'Confused' label means that a visitor who filled out the 'Request Price' form on your domain's landing page is not interested in purchasing your domain. They are likely expecting a different outcome. As @SpareDomains says, an example of this might be a financial domain name where visitors enter their information expecting to receive information about a loan.

Our 'Request Price' landing pages do include a strong call to action as a second step, asking inquirers to confirm their interest in purchasing the domain name. (screenshot included)

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 76
•••
Thanks, GoDaddy (and the individual responding here ;) ) for being directly involved with and responsive to your user community. Nice to see.

•••
Using the lone word "confused" to refer to a status is a confusing status in and of itself. Afternic needs a lot more infotip and tooltip elements in their interfaces.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back